Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Which PSU?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Which PSU?

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
ok my new build is in the works.

upcoming specs:
i3 2100
ECS P67H2-A2 SLI
8GB ram 1333 (2x 4GB, eventually 16GB)
1 SSD
1 dvd-rw
1 sata hd
2x reference gtx460s in SLI
+ some misc small stuff

ive narrowed it down to 2 psus':
the NZXT HALE90 550W
and the NZXT HALE 90 650W

which is the better PSU?
i like the 650 for mod design, but do i need the extra 100W?
btw my theme is black n white
post #2 of 8
Second one for sure, the extra power will put less stress on your psu and allow you better upgrade options in the future.
post #3 of 8
I will just leave this here, pick one off this list and you cannot go wrong. Arranged by wattage, just pick one in your budget.

http://www.overclock.net/power-suppl...-supplies.html


I personally would recommend this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...seasonic%20650
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by _TRU_ View Post
ok my new build is in the works.

upcoming specs:
i3 2100
ECS P67H2-A2 SLI
8GB ram 1333 (2x 4GB, eventually 16GB)
1 SSD
1 dvd-rw
1 sata hd
2x reference gtx460s in SLI
+ some misc small stuff

ive narrowed it down to 2 psus':
the NZXT HALE90 550W
and the NZXT HALE 90 650W

which is the better PSU?
i like the 650 for mod design, but do i need the extra 100W?
btw my theme is black n white
Given that you're using two graphic cards and you'll need all the PCIe connectors of the 550W I say go for that, it's a great unit that uses one of the best platforms on the market.. and yeah, it's plenty for your build.

Quote:
I personally would recommend this one.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...seasonic%20650
He's in Europe, you can't get either of those units in NA
post #5 of 8
I would get the 650W. Already said, there will be less stress/load on the power supply.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 EVGA X58 E760 Classified XFX HD 5870 Crossfire G.Skill 6GB DDR3 1866 9-9-9-21 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital 640GB Black Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VH222H-P Black 21.5" Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850HX Silverstone Raven RV02 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 920 EVGA X58 E760 Classified XFX HD 5870 Crossfire G.Skill 6GB DDR3 1866 9-9-9-21 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital 640GB Black Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VH222H-P Black 21.5" Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 850HX Silverstone Raven RV02 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
reason i had put those 2 up is cause those match my theme. ill go for the 650 if i can find one. ty all
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
ugh all the 650s on the forums are sold
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by _TRU_ View Post
reason i had put those 2 up is cause those match my theme. ill go for the 650 if i can find one. ty all
You're following bad advice.. your system is barely touching 450W at full load.. the 650W unit is overdoing it by a large margin.

CPU ~ 60W
VGA ~ 180W each
the rest <40W

^and that with everything @ full load which will rarely happen outside synthetic benchmarks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › Which PSU?