Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Forum Platform Help and Discussion  › Rig descriptions are lost
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Rig descriptions are lost

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
The descriptions for the computer section didn't carry over to the new site. Is there any way to retrieve those? At least for my rigs, I had their short story of their design and construction as their description, and I don't particularly want to re-type those.
post #2 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post

The descriptions for the computer section didn't carry over to the new site. Is there any way to retrieve those? At least for my rigs, I had their short story of their design and construction as their description, and I don't particularly want to re-type those.

If I understand correctly, you want to see the "Sig Rig"?

If you click "Preferences" in any thread the third option down expands the "Sig Rig" so you can see everyones.
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 9
Nick were in in the sandbox? If so and you are talking about descriptions added there, no sandbox info was transfered to the live site.
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post

If I understand correctly, you want to see the "Sig Rig"?
If you click "Preferences" in any thread the third option down expands the "Sig Rig" so you can see everyones.

No, that's not what I mean. Though I've already done that because I like seeing rig specs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitemarks and bloodstains View Post

Nick were in in the sandbox? If so and you are talking about descriptions added there, no sandbox info was transfered to the live site.

Since I don't know what the "sandbox" was, then I'm not sure that's what I'm talking about. All I know is that, when you would go to edit your rigs on the old site, it would give you a page with a bunch of text fields where you'd put in all your rig info. At the bottom of that page, in the right column, there was a large text box labeled "description," and you could put anything in there. If you clicked on someone's rig name in their signature, you'd get taken to a page that would display all the rig details, along with a large text area that had all the text from "description."

I don't know how to describe it any better than that.
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post

No, that's not what I mean. Though I've already done that because I like seeing rig specs.
Since I don't know what the "sandbox" was, then I'm not sure that's what I'm talking about. All I know is that, when you would go to edit your rigs on the old site, it would give you a page with a bunch of text fields where you'd put in all your rig info. At the bottom of that page, in the right column, there was a large text box labeled "description," and you could put anything in there. If you clicked on someone's rig name in their signature, you'd get taken to a page that would display all the rig details, along with a large text area that had all the text from "description."
I don't know how to describe it any better than that.

That makes sense, so if you click on your name on the top right, then scroll down below your signature. It will show your "Rig", whatever the name of it is. Then under that is an edit button, in the next screen there is a whole box for descriptions.

Is that what your talking about?
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 9
Okay, so you're not referring to the sandbox because that was a parallel non-synchronized testing version of huddler OCN.
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post

That makes sense, so if you click on your name on the top right, then scroll down below your signature. It will show your "Rig", whatever the name of it is. Then under that is an edit button, in the next screen there is a whole box for descriptions.
Is that what your talking about?

Yeah, basically.

In the old website, rigs also had description boxes. However, the descriptions I added to my rigs in the old website were not transferred to the new website.
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post

Yeah, basically.
In the old website, rigs also had description boxes. However, the descriptions I added to my rigs in the old website were not transferred to the new website.

Yea, it could be something that was just forgotten. With the huge data transfer, I'm really surprised how the majority of everything was kept. So it just seems like you would have to retype it in.
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
Lucy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Gigabyte 970A-D3P MSI GTX 750ti 2 X 8 GB Ballistic 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
OCZ SSD WD Samsung DVD Windows 7 
MonitorPowerMouse
Dual Asus 24" 600w Silverstone Quad 12v G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 9
It might've been forgotten. I would've never thought of them.
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Forum Platform Help and Discussion  › Rig descriptions are lost