Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Your best Skyrim "Awesome pictures"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Your best Skyrim "Awesome pictures"? - Page 204

post #2031 of 13447
@Bradley, Try the posted INI tweak below. Place it in your Skyrim.ini file then pm with the results, lets not clog up another 3 pages of the thread with the return of "stutter" I feel for ya man, perhaps, and this is not meant to be insulting in any way possible. but perhaps you should write down exactly what you do, when you are doing it, and check before and after to isolate whats changed.

[lightingshader]
fSpecularLODFadeEnd=0.0050
fSpecularLODFadeStart=0.0025

Also with ENB of any type you need to disable SSAO in your nvidia profile if it has SSAO included. You also need to find in SkyrimPrefs.ini the line that says bfloatingpointrenderer= and change it to 1 instead of 0. You should also remove AF and AA from your nvidia profile (supposedly, I never had a problem keeping my settings on, but eh..)


anyway. pm me after, we'll sort this one out like we did last time but lets not bog down everyone else with it.

@Life,

going to give yours a shot now, haven't disappointed yet.

p.s. I poked around the skyedit program a bunch, if the ck is like it in anyway I may just give this modding thing a try. Got some cool ideas for all the archers out there.

Cheers
post #2032 of 13447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post


Glad that worked for you.

That ENB you're using would like really nice if you brighten it up a little. Looks really dark.

What are your fire settings at?


That's pretty funny since I use the FXAA tool to darken it a little tongue.gif I've been trying to decide which I prefer.. though I've kinda given up with enb, hard to get a good balance so I'm just using it for the sky, window glow, fires and a little lighting wink.gif

Here it is without the FXAA, ignore the jaggies AA is disabled too there..

f25bbb7c_ScreenShot496.bmp

With

4b43f8d1_Screenshot37919.png


Fire settings are

[FIRE]
IntensityDay=3.5
IntensityNight=2.5
CurveDay=1.5
CurveNight=2.0
post #2033 of 13447
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin662 View Post

Also with ENB of any type you need to disable SSAO in your nvidia profile if it has SSAO included. You also need to find in SkyrimPrefs.ini the line that says bfloatingpointrenderer= and change it to 1 instead of 0. You should also remove AF and AA from your nvidia profile (supposedly, I never had a problem keeping my settings on, but eh..)


Good advice. A few pointers though.

 

*AO is disabled in my profile.

*It is advised to disable AF in your drivers and in game, and force it through ENB (I personally run AF in game).

*You shouldn't need AA, it's already got FXAA running. I don't use any form of AA in my pics other than FXAA. The bloom along with FXAA hides pretty much most aliasing. (point to note, I have never used any form of anti aliasing in Skyrim for screenshots except FXAA!)

 

And I completely forgot about bfloatingpointrenderer=1, thanks.

 

I'll be adding alot of this in my README for the next update. Which will happen sooner rather than later seems I have Depth of Field effects to add now.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post


That's pretty funny since I use the FXAA tool to darken it a little tongue.gif I've been trying to decide which I prefer.. though I've kinda given up with enb, hard to get a good balance so I'm just using it for the sky, window glow, fires and a little lighting wink.gif
Here it is without the FXAA, ignore the jaggies AA is disabled too there..

With

Fire settings are
[FIRE]
IntensityDay=3.5
IntensityNight=2.5
CurveDay=1.5
CurveNight=2.0


I use the FXAA for the same thing, to add a bit more depth to darkness. I find it important to make sure it doesn't dull daylight too much though, especially in snowy areas, it's supposed to be bright! biggrin.gif

 

My advice would be to bump up daylight intensity a little bit (by +0.2 most likely). That way you keep your depth but maintain a slightly better daylight setting. Though if you prefer it like that then more power to you. smile.gif

 

And thanks for those settings, I'll give them a whirl. If they're worth it I'll use them. I'll gladly put up with a bit of white foam at night for awesome fire, haha.


Edited by Lifeshield - 2/6/12 at 5:11pm
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2034 of 13447
sommes Lifeshield new settings im using, i really like, the only problem, and is not really a problem is a question of taste is the middle day is too bright

375

375

375

375

375

375

middle day
375
post #2035 of 13447
Quote:
Originally Posted by majin662 View Post

@Bradley, Try the posted INI tweak below. Place it in your Skyrim.ini file then pm with the results, lets not clog up another 3 pages of the thread with the return of "stutter" I feel for ya man, perhaps, and this is not meant to be insulting in any way possible. but perhaps you should write down exactly what you do, when you are doing it, and check before and after to isolate whats changed.
[lightingshader]
fSpecularLODFadeEnd=0.0050
fSpecularLODFadeStart=0.0025
Also with ENB of any type you need to disable SSAO in your nvidia profile if it has SSAO included. You also need to find in SkyrimPrefs.ini the line that says bfloatingpointrenderer= and change it to 1 instead of 0. You should also remove AF and AA from your nvidia profile (supposedly, I never had a problem keeping my settings on, but eh..)
anyway. pm me after, we'll sort this one out like we did last time but lets not bog down everyone else with it.
@Life,
going to give yours a shot now, haven't disappointed yet.
p.s. I poked around the skyedit program a bunch, if the ck is like it in anyway I may just give this modding thing a try. Got some cool ideas for all the archers out there.
Cheers

hi mate, i changed bFloatPointRenderTarget to 1 and it did not help. If i force vsync off via ipresentinterval, the stutter near dorrs and light sources goes away. However, i want to play with vsync.

[lightingshader]
fSpecularLODFadeEnd=0.0050 and fSpecularLODFadeStart=0.0025 did not work

I use no AO, AA or AF. It is purely a vsync issue i have with this ENB. There must be a setting within the ENB that conflicts with the vsync. Also SLI and that eye light adjustment thing is broken, however am sure the ENB is trying to still adjus the lighting to my eyes, which could also be causing an issue. Other than this, i am hitting 80-160 outside on a single 580 at times. smile.gif

Please note when the microstutter near doors and lightsources happenes, my fps is still solid and not jumping, 60fps. I repeat, issue only happenes on vsync.
Edited by BradleyW - 2/6/12 at 5:39pm
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2036 of 13447


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by orphennoc View Post

sommes Lifeshield new settings im using, i really like, the only problem, and is not really a problem is a question of taste is the middle day is too bright

Personally I couldn't play with it any darker, plus daytime also affects some dungeons etc aswell. With all said it could be a difference in monitor brightness and viewing angle aswell (for the record all settings were setup with default in-game brightness).

 

Just drop daytime intensity down by about 0.1 or 0.2 if you want it to be slightly darker. Should get you the effect you're looking for. smile.gif

 

War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
War Machine
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz Asus B85M Gamer MSI Twin Frozr V R9 390X 8gb Kingston Hyper X Beast 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
HGS 2.5" Sata 1tb Corsair H100i v2 4 x Corsair SP120 Quiet Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Benq RL2455 Microsoft Sidewinder X4 EVGA Supernova G2 750w Corsair Carbide Air 240 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Naga Molten Edition Steel Series Guild Wars 2 Sennheiser HD201 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2037 of 13447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshield View Post

I use the FXAA for the same thing, to add a bit more depth to darkness. I find it important to make sure it doesn't dull daylight too much though, especially in snowy areas, it's supposed to be bright! biggrin.gif

My advice would be to bump up daylight intensity a little bit (by +0.2 most likely). That way you keep your depth but maintain a slightly better daylight setting. Though if you prefer it like that then more power to you. smile.gif

It seems it was the bloom settings in my FXAA config, with bloom enabled it makes all whites slightly duller, no matter what other settings I change ;l

I think my daytime intensity was at 1.0 btw, it was at 1.2 but I'd changed it just before those screens ;x, back to 1.2 again now and testing..
post #2038 of 13447
deleted,
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2039 of 13447
Gah! Stupid hair mesh is making the pig tails come out of her boobs!

338
Liquid Blue
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte P67A-UD4_B5 Msi 1080 ti Founder's Edition 16gb Corsair Vengence 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial M5 512 GB CPU: XSPC Raystorm h2o GPU: XSPC Razor 1080 ti Full block Windows 10 x64 
MonitorPowerCase
LG 34UC98 Mushkin Enhanced Joule 1000 NZXT Switch 810 Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
Liquid Blue
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k @ 4.7ghz Gigabyte P67A-UD4_B5 Msi 1080 ti Founder's Edition 16gb Corsair Vengence 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
Crucial M5 512 GB CPU: XSPC Raystorm h2o GPU: XSPC Razor 1080 ti Full block Windows 10 x64 
MonitorPowerCase
LG 34UC98 Mushkin Enhanced Joule 1000 NZXT Switch 810 Full Tower 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2040 of 13447
Oh god, hairy nipples!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › Your best Skyrim "Awesome pictures"?