Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Forum Platform Help and Discussion  › How to delete user title and avatar??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to delete user title and avatar??

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I know you can go in and change your avatar and user title but how do you:
  • Delete the current user title so you can have the user title that is based upon number of replies/posts??
  • Delete the avatar picture, not just change it but completely remove it and have no avatar??

I searched for both items and couldnt find anything maybe I searched for the wrong keywords or something but does anybody know this?
Skunk_Works
(11 items)
 
unRAID Server
(8 items)
 
To Hot To Handle
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Pentium Processor G3220  Asus H87I-Plus Corsair Vengeance WD Red 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSCase
WD Red 3TB WD Green 1TB unRAID 5.0 Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8700 Quanta 361B 9600M GT 4GB 
Hard DriveOS
300GB Windows 7 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Skunk_Works
(11 items)
 
unRAID Server
(8 items)
 
To Hot To Handle
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Pentium Processor G3220  Asus H87I-Plus Corsair Vengeance WD Red 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSCase
WD Red 3TB WD Green 1TB unRAID 5.0 Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8700 Quanta 361B 9600M GT 4GB 
Hard DriveOS
300GB Windows 7 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhsbaseball View Post

I know you can go in and change your avatar and user title but how do you:
  • Delete the current user title so you can have the user title that is based upon number of replies/posts??
  • Delete the avatar picture, not just change it but completely remove it and have no avatar??
I searched for both items and couldnt find anything maybe I searched for the wrong keywords or something but does anybody know this?

The user title has never been based on number of replies/posts. It says "New to Overclock.net" until you change it. Or at least it doesn't change it until some time after 700 posts (that's when I changed mine).

You could upload a one pixel avatar to "blank" the avatar, or you could just set your avatar to the default avatar (for example: http://www.overclock.net/image/id/737822/width/175/height/400/flags/LM)
post #3 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post

The user title has never been based on number of replies/posts. It says "New to Overclock.net" until you change it. Or at least it doesn't change it until some time after 700 posts (that's when I changed mine).

You could upload a one pixel avatar to "blank" the avatar, or you could just set your avatar to the default avatar (for example: http://www.overclock.net/image/id/737822/width/175/height/400/flags/LM)

Thanks for the picture info I will definitely change to that!!

Well when they switched over to the new site I had never changed my user title and it was at 333hz, I looked around and many people who were around my post number had the same title then there was some that had more posts that had 700hz. So I was just wondering how to get back to those user titles... Oh well...
Skunk_Works
(11 items)
 
unRAID Server
(8 items)
 
To Hot To Handle
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Pentium Processor G3220  Asus H87I-Plus Corsair Vengeance WD Red 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSCase
WD Red 3TB WD Green 1TB unRAID 5.0 Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8700 Quanta 361B 9600M GT 4GB 
Hard DriveOS
300GB Windows 7 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Skunk_Works
(11 items)
 
unRAID Server
(8 items)
 
To Hot To Handle
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Pentium Processor G3220  Asus H87I-Plus Corsair Vengeance WD Red 3TB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSCase
WD Red 3TB WD Green 1TB unRAID 5.0 Fractal Design Node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo P8700 Quanta 361B 9600M GT 4GB 
Hard DriveOS
300GB Windows 7 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
I'm wondering about the user title thing too. I never changed mine after getting rid of my last system and my current system isn't overclocked to 4.0GHz lol
Mobile Powerhouse
(10 items)
 
Cosmic Red Chaos
(13 items)
 
Media Box
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Z270 Chipset GTX 1080 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 250GB SSD Muskin Reactor 1TB SSD Seagate 2TD HDD Windows 10 
MonitorPower
17.3" 4K 330W Brick 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2125 AsRock H67m Intel HD3000 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
WD 640GB Caviar Black 500GB HDD Noctua Low-Pro NH-L8I Silverstone 450w SFX 
Case
HTPC box 
  hide details  
Reply
Mobile Powerhouse
(10 items)
 
Cosmic Red Chaos
(13 items)
 
Media Box
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Z270 Chipset GTX 1080 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 250GB SSD Muskin Reactor 1TB SSD Seagate 2TD HDD Windows 10 
MonitorPower
17.3" 4K 330W Brick 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2125 AsRock H67m Intel HD3000 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
WD 640GB Caviar Black 500GB HDD Noctua Low-Pro NH-L8I Silverstone 450w SFX 
Case
HTPC box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhsbaseball View Post

Thanks for the picture info I will definitely change to that!!
Well when they switched over to the new site I had never changed my user title and it was at 333hz, I looked around and many people who were around my post number had the same title then there was some that had more posts that had 700hz. So I was just wondering how to get back to those user titles... Oh well...

Interesting. Maybe it does. I noticed that I have an option for 4.0GHz in my user title list. Perhaps you have something similar, and if you select that, it will "automatically change"? On the old system, I don't think it changed (unless that was a "new" feature, since many of my posts were accrued in 2006/2007).
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post

Interesting. Maybe it does. I noticed that I have an option for 4.0GHz in my user title list. Perhaps you have something similar, and if you select that, it will "automatically change"? On the old system, I don't think it changed (unless that was a "new" feature, since many of my posts were accrued in 2006/2007).

I think what we need to know here is where the list of user titles is. At least that is my case. I've looked through every settings menu I can find and it is nowhere

Edit: Sometimes I feel really lame for looking over the simple things lol. Its one of the options at the top after you hit "Edit Community Profile" when in your Profile. *facepalm*
Edited by yutzybrian - 11/15/11 at 7:13pm
Mobile Powerhouse
(10 items)
 
Cosmic Red Chaos
(13 items)
 
Media Box
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Z270 Chipset GTX 1080 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 250GB SSD Muskin Reactor 1TB SSD Seagate 2TD HDD Windows 10 
MonitorPower
17.3" 4K 330W Brick 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2125 AsRock H67m Intel HD3000 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
WD 640GB Caviar Black 500GB HDD Noctua Low-Pro NH-L8I Silverstone 450w SFX 
Case
HTPC box 
  hide details  
Reply
Mobile Powerhouse
(10 items)
 
Cosmic Red Chaos
(13 items)
 
Media Box
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Z270 Chipset GTX 1080 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO M.2 250GB SSD Muskin Reactor 1TB SSD Seagate 2TD HDD Windows 10 
MonitorPower
17.3" 4K 330W Brick 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i3-2125 AsRock H67m Intel HD3000 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB (8GBx2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
WD 640GB Caviar Black 500GB HDD Noctua Low-Pro NH-L8I Silverstone 450w SFX 
Case
HTPC box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
For me, the new drop-down menu for preset user titles is in: My Profile > Edit Community Profile > Select User Title.
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

For me, the new drop-down menu for preset user titles is in: My Profile > Edit Community Profile > Select User Title.

For me, I think of what I want it to be and it magically changes. Weird huh?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock.net Forum › Forum Platform Help and Discussion  › How to delete user title and avatar??