Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [OFFICIAL] == Sandy Bridge-E == Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club ==
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[OFFICIAL] == Sandy Bridge-E == Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club == - Page 226

post #2251 of 2277
Hi!



My temps are pretty high even with 240+360 radiator... 91 degrees max... ahaha mad.gif
Edited by narutonic - 4/17/17 at 5:35pm
post #2252 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutonic View Post

Hi!



My temps are pretty high even with 240+360 radiator... 91 degrees max... ahaha mad.gif

Hello , id be putting up the blck a tad and get a 5gig cpu-z validation yessir.gif
post #2253 of 2277
Here it is!

http://valid.x86.fr/igy924

I'll seek for my temps problem, i dont think i should hit the 90° even with my 30~ ambient
post #2254 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutonic View Post

Here it is!

http://valid.x86.fr/igy924

I'll seek for my temps problem, i dont think i should hit the 90° even with my 30~ ambient

Okay so go here http://www.overclock.net/t/678487/official-5ghz-overclock-club/8000_40 and repost that cpu-z val and get up on the list thumb.gif
post #2255 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutonic View Post

Here it is!

http://valid.x86.fr/igy924

I'll seek for my temps problem, i dont think i should hit the 90° even with my 30~ ambient

Awesome this gets me excited how far I can push my new 3930k with a Corsair h100i v2 biggrin.gif

Changed the mobo/cpu and a new cpu cooler yesterday. Will format my SSD after work today and play around OC'ing.
post #2256 of 2277
Finally set everything up updated the BIOS on the X79 Sabertooth, installed all the needed drivers.

Will get into overclocking it today! biggrin.gif

Anyone got any OC reference point I can start from? Or a recommended guide? I am using an ASUS Sabertooth X79 with the latest BIOS.


Edited by c0ld - 4/19/17 at 8:16am
post #2257 of 2277
Ahaha i wish i could have better temps biggrin.gif

4.6 for 1.35 ? Usually not bad 3930 can handle 4.6 for 1.3 or less so you can try this
There is a guide on the forum : http://www.overclock.net/t/1189242/sandy-bridge-e-overclocking-guide-walk-through-explanations-and-support-for-all-x79-overclockers
post #2258 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutonic View Post

Ahaha i wish i could have better temps biggrin.gif

4.6 for 1.35 ? Usually not bad 3930 can handle 4.6 for 1.3 or less so you can try this
There is a guide on the forum : http://www.overclock.net/t/1189242/sandy-bridge-e-overclocking-guide-walk-through-explanations-and-support-for-all-x79-overclockers

Skimmed through it looks great. REP+ biggrin.gif

What memory are you running with that 5.0GHz overclock?

I have 4 X 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz sticks atm, looking at some Corsair Dominator Platnium 2400MHz kits. Is it recommended to run them or will I have stability issues? I gotta run quad kits right? Its for best performance from what I understood reading up on memory on the x79 platform.

Link for RAM: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233607&cm_re=corsair_dominator_ddr3-_-20-233-607-_-Product

Thanks again
Edited by c0ld - 4/19/17 at 12:35pm
post #2259 of 2277
Just One 8Gigs stick of Hyper X Savage 1600MHz. But it's overclocked at 2133Mhz

You'll mix the two kits ? the vengeance and the dominator ? It is not recommanded(compatibility and stability issue) and all your stick will be clocked down to 1866
Just try to overclock your actual kit to 2133MHz thumb.gif
I dont think the Dominator platinum worth it.
post #2260 of 2277
Quote:
Originally Posted by narutonic View Post

Just One 8Gigs stick of Hyper X Savage 1600MHz. But it's overclocked at 2133Mhz

You'll mix the two kits ? the vengeance and the dominator ? It is not recommanded(compatibility and stability issue) and all your stick will be clocked down to 1866
Just try to overclock your actual kit to 2133MHz thumb.gif
I dont think the Dominator platinum worth it.

No what I was thinking is to replace my (4 x 4GB) Vengeance 1866MHz kit for a (4 x 4GB) Dominator Platinum 2400MHz kit. Little over 500MHz speed difference.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › [OFFICIAL] == Sandy Bridge-E == Overclock Leaderboard & Owners Club ==