Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › RealForce / Deck ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RealForce / Deck ?

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Hi all,

I just bought Ducky 9008 Blue switch yesterday, because my previous keyboard was "Microsoft Internet Keyboard" which was dead after 10 years of service....
(For more details, please see http://www.overclock.net/t/1166993/replacement-for-my-microsoft-internet-keyboard-what-kind-of-switches)

However, the Ducky is just too noisy and I realized I hate that clicky sound.
I heard that my previous MS Keyboard was made by rubber domes.... I really don't know what should I go for....


So, i have only 2 questions:

1. Regardless budget, which type of switches suit me most?
Topre switch (RealForce???)
Cherry MX Clear switch (Deck Legend???)

2. Any other better suggestion?



Thank you so much!
Cheers!!!!!
post #2 of 11
I've never used a board with Topres so I can't comment on that, but if you want a quieter switch you may want to try MX Browns. They are easy to bottom out so you may want to put o-rings on them to help quiet down the noise of bottoming out.
Murderface
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Chronos WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Hitachi Deskstar 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Lite-On BD burner Samsung DVD burner Thermalright Silver Arrow Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS236 KBT Race Enermax RV920 Lian Li T60B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Xornet PureTrak Talent Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Murderface
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2600k MSI Z68A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Redline 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Mushkin Chronos WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Hitachi Deskstar 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Lite-On BD burner Samsung DVD burner Thermalright Silver Arrow Win 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG IPS236 KBT Race Enermax RV920 Lian Li T60B 
MouseMouse PadAudio
CM Storm Xornet PureTrak Talent Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
I have used my Deck Legend Ice for well over 6 months now and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this board. Well worth what I payed for. LEDs look amazing all around the day, and whenever I have friends over compliments are always tossed to the keyboard first instead of the pc tower lol. Very solid, heavy, well built board (just feels expensive). It is a joy to type on once you get used to it. Gaming is so nice on this board especially if you are playing fps games. If you look up my name I have a thread with unboxing pictures and experience with the board. Would recommend this board anyday.... feel free to shoot me a message if you want more details, pics etc.
post #4 of 11
How did you feel about the actuation force for the Blues? If you like it then you might want to try Browns since they take about the same force to actuate although Blues technically offer a wee bit more resistance. The Cherry MX Clear switches are closer to Blacks in their actuation force so they will feel a lot stiffer than your Blues. Unless you find the latter too light for your liking, I see no reason to go for the Clears. I also haven't tried Topre switches so I can't comment.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 MSI NGTX580 Lightning G.Skill Ripjaws-X 1600MHz 8GB CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB| Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung S23A950D Filco Majestouch 2 87-key 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum 860 Antec Eleven Hundred Razer Deathadder Black Edition Puretrak Talent 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 MSI NGTX580 Lightning G.Skill Ripjaws-X 1600MHz 8GB CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial C300 128GB| Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung S23A950D Filco Majestouch 2 87-key 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum 860 Antec Eleven Hundred Razer Deathadder Black Edition Puretrak Talent 
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar Essence STX M-Audio AV40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakakaa View Post

Hi all,
I just bought Ducky 9008 Blue switch yesterday, because my previous keyboard was "Microsoft Internet Keyboard" which was dead after 10 years of service....
(For more details, please see http://www.overclock.net/t/1166993/replacement-for-my-microsoft-internet-keyboard-what-kind-of-switches)
However, the Ducky is just too noisy and I realized I hate that clicky sound.
I heard that my previous MS Keyboard was made by rubber domes.... I really don't know what should I go for....
So, i have only 2 questions:
1. Regardless budget, which type of switches suit me most?
Topre switch (RealForce???)
Cherry MX Clear switch (Deck Legend???)
2. Any other better suggestion?
Thank you so much!
Cheers!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post

I've never used a board with Topres so I can't comment on that, but if you want a quieter switch you may want to try MX Browns. They are easy to bottom out so you may want to put o-rings on them to help quiet down the noise of bottoming out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albatross_ View Post

How did you feel about the actuation force for the Blues? If you like it then you might want to try Browns since they take about the same force to actuate although Blues technically offer a wee bit more resistance. The Cherry MX Clear switches are closer to Blacks in their actuation force so they will feel a lot stiffer than your Blues. Unless you find the latter too light for your liking, I see no reason to go for the Clears. I also haven't tried Topre switches so I can't comment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtrance View Post

I have used my Deck Legend Ice for well over 6 months now and I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about this board. Well worth what I payed for. LEDs look amazing all around the day, and whenever I have friends over compliments are always tossed to the keyboard first instead of the pc tower lol. Very solid, heavy, well built board (just feels expensive). It is a joy to type on once you get used to it. Gaming is so nice on this board especially if you are playing fps games. If you look up my name I have a thread with unboxing pictures and experience with the board. Would recommend this board anyday.... feel free to shoot me a message if you want more details, pics etc.


thank you guys....
I tried Brown but I just don't it. =0=

Actually the reason why i consider Topre is because I heard that it is most closest to my prevous MS Internet Keyboard (is it rubber dome?).
However, I think Ducky Blue is not bad and i just dislike the clicky and noisy... (my girlfriend is complaining ~_~ )

So, it is really killing me....
post #6 of 11
The topre boards are basically a really fancy rubber dome. I personally love them.

I would suggest one, if you can afford it. HHKB are also something you might want to look at, if you have limited desk space. They use Topre domes as well.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 11
If you liked the rubber domes so much why not go with them?
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

If you liked the rubber domes so much why not go with them?

This comment kinda fits. Tbh, if you were to look up any videos on MX Blues then you should have known that they are considered one of the loudest switches minus buckling springs. I would consider maybe reds/blacks. Liner switches do not have clicking noises more or less and if you get dampers to put on the keys as well then you shouldn't have any noise. This video shows you the difference dampers can make.
post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
but i think tactile is a must for me, so i can't go for Cherry Black. However, I tried Brown but i didn't like it at all.....
I think Blue is quite good, but the drawback is too noisy.

That's why i am considering Cherry Clear or Topre....
thanks!
post #10 of 11
The topre aren't the hard bump tactile like the blues are, which it sounds like may be what your looking for.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
Asus PG279Q G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › RealForce / Deck ?