Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCG]Interview: Bohemia Interactive’s CEO on fighting piracy, creative DRM
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[PCG]Interview: Bohemia Interactive’s CEO on fighting piracy, creative DRM - Page 5

post #41 of 77
I think this is because a lot of people dont want to buy a game they are not sure will run smoothly on their computer.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5 GA-P67A-UD3-B3 EVGA 570 8GB Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DrivePower
1.5TB CORSAIR 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 4.5 GA-P67A-UD3-B3 EVGA 570 8GB Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DrivePower
1.5TB CORSAIR 850TX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 77
Im going to be honest and just say im on that train...but the reason i only ever pirate is
1. try before i buy
2. im not spending 60 bucks on a singleplayer game i really think is cool but will only last me 4 hours and im done with it......waste of 60 bucks imo.
3. old classic games you cant find in store anymore =)
4. Movies I watch once and then im done with it....no i dont want netflix..parents have it and its annoying cause never got to see any movies i wanted to see lol.

but like i said if i really like something ill go out and buy it.

if i do really like the game and my trial phase really made me want to own it o go out and buy it.
I bet a lot of you pirate stuff and don't lie you have done it at least once in your life.

Arma 2 was one of them. God i fell in love with that game and the modding community for it in insane! im still downloading mods for it! 1000+ mods for it just in weapons and whatnot. I went out at bought arma 2 and all the expansion packs. They game does take a long time to load and sadly is poorly optimized! the beta patches have really been helping and patch 1.60 will be the biggest patch and bug fixes they have ever made. They are purely focused on the optimization and mp issues which i guess what they are learning from arma 2 will be moved and applied to arma 3 which i cant wait for. I'm liking there past, present and future optimization thingyy they using. was really interesting to read how the game engine does all that.



Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby1 View Post

I think this is because a lot of people dont want to buy a game they are not sure will run smoothly on their computer.


This too! deff helps to see if it runs good before you waste your money and cant return it.
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby1 View Post

I think this is because a lot of people dont want to buy a game they are not sure will run smoothly on their computer.

I still haven't played crisis, bf2, bc2, magika, and many more because of this.

Oh, but I will next year. biggrin.gif
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
Reply
AMD Transplant
(11 items)
 
To be a NAS
(13 items)
 
Death Kühler
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965BE GA-78LMT-S2P MSI TFIII 7950 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Noctua NH-D14 Win7 Pro FX2490HD 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasonic X660 Antec Three Hundred Saitek Rat 7 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Gateway GM5072 AMD HD5550 2.0 Gb 
Hard DriveMonitorKeyboardPower
Seagate Barracuda 500Gb Samsung FX2490 MS Keyboard 3000 300w generic 
Mouse
MS Intellipoint 3000 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k GigaByte Z68M-D2H-B3 MSI 560 Ti TFIII Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 Antec Khuler 920 Win7 HP Samsung FX2490 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Keyboard 3000 Seasonic X-660 Antec Three Hundred Microsoft Mouse 3000 
Mouse PadAudio
None - Blue Track baby Senn HD428 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semedar View Post

Easy! Click on the plus and hit icons. thumb.gif
v6kktj.png

This is the only thing that i found amazing in this thread. haha.
post #45 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futan View Post


Wut? PS3 is considered ridiculously hard to program for, which is why many developers stood away from it for the first couple of years. Programming for a 360, from my understanding, is about the same as programming for a PC. In fact, I'm pretty sure the whole XNA suite can actually be used to program for either PC or 360.

There is 1 variation of either Ps3 or 360. For PC you have program for varying O/S, GPU and CPU as well as software/hardware conflicts.

The PS3 is hard to program for because it requires devs to learn how to program for it when no other machine uses anything similar but that is offset by the fact that 1 set of programming is needed for xx-million Ps3's.
Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 11/19/11 at 12:38am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro View Post

arma 2 is too hardcore for 90% of gamers out there

and "accountant simulator" would be too. Doesn't make it a good game.
post #47 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty5569 View Post

How did you get the icons beside your steam games? I can only get it to do that in list view :S

There's an option for That, forgot where. Either in View or in All Games.
   
Beautiful Card, Plays Great
Msi GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC Video Card
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3550 MSI Z77A-G45 MSI N560-GTX Ti Twin Frozr II OC Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1x 1 Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm // 1x 500gb Seagate 72... Scythe Ninja 3 Push-Pull Windows 8 Pro 64-bit // (Win7 Dualboot) LG 27" IPS277L 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer BlackWidow Corsair TX650M Corsair Carbide 400R 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Core Duo T2350 30B2 Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family 
  hide details  
Reply
   
Beautiful Card, Plays Great
Msi GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC Video Card
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3550 MSI Z77A-G45 MSI N560-GTX Ti Twin Frozr II OC Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1x 1 Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm // 1x 500gb Seagate 72... Scythe Ninja 3 Push-Pull Windows 8 Pro 64-bit // (Win7 Dualboot) LG 27" IPS277L 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer BlackWidow Corsair TX650M Corsair Carbide 400R 
CPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Core Duo T2350 30B2 Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-block View Post

No way this garbage game would have that many lost sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlitzerx View Post

Yea I don't trust these numbers. Anyway the game is terrible. They're just jealous they can't make games like DICE, Blizzard, etc.

ArmA 2 is an amazing game. The best way to play it is with a couple of buddies with voice chat and just make your own missions. My buddies and I replay the missions I make everytime we play. It's just fun playing against the AI. thumb.gif

My ArmA 2 missions:
http://www.semedar.com/arma2

Operation Retention on the bottom is the best one I've made IMO for ArmA 2 while Operation: Recompense is the best one I've made for ArmA. biggrin.gif

Nothing beats you and your buddies going through a forest full of enemy soldiers to try and destroy/kill objectives in the night then heading to a small town and blowing stuff there too.
post #49 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty0610 View Post

Well see that makes people mad. PC gamers in general are the whiniest of the bunch when compared to console gamers. There is a general air amongst PC gamers that make them feel entitled to something. Like with BF3 the fact that it is tied to an account people hate that cause then they can't trade it.
But at the same time there really isn't a way to stop piracy. People say don't put DRM and make a good game people won't pirate it. To my knowledge so far, there hasn't been a single shred of evidence. Again that just means I don't know of any there very well maybe proof. But in my opinion why buy something when I can get it for free? Of course that has ramification down the road. But people don't usually think ahead they think of now. And right now they want the game.

You say whiniest, I'd say more intelligent and informed.
post #50 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by twalsh View Post

I was really disappointed in ARMA II because of how bug ridden it was and they didn't fix any they just moved on to new separate expansions and fixed the bugs in those so I refuse to purchase or play another one of their games.

Why in the piracy threads there is always one person who pulls the XXX wasnt a good game, I noticed you didn't say the typical line after it "so it deserved to be pirated", but its obvious you want to say it.
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Redbox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @4.5ghz Asus P8P67 GTX 970 Strix 12GB Gskill Ripjaws ddr3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M500 Caviar Black 1TB Western Digital 500G DVD multirecorder 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Professional 64bit edition Antec Truepower 650 watt HAF 932 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [PCG]Interview: Bohemia Interactive’s CEO on fighting piracy, creative DRM