Originally Posted by PatrickCrowely
This thing has to be lightning fast, takes incredible skill to put all this together. Great work...
I originally wanted to use 4 of those. However, the card is not a reference design and the waterblock on it is NOT a full coverage block (according to EVGA, i didnt remove the block when i had them in my posession). I actually had purchased 4 of these and then returned them when I found out the block wasn't full coverage. I called EVGA asking why they would not put a custom Hydro Copper 2 block on (which is full coverage) and their tech's response was lackluster as always.
I really wish I could have used these cards, and it really bugged me when I was told they weren't full coverage blocks as making a purely overclocker based card without a full coverage waterblock seems pointless.
Now, sorry for the lask of updates over the past 3 weeks. As I mentioned, I have been dealing with some RL stuff and trying to get my house on the market. I actually finished all the line hook ups and put the EK coolant in on Sunday. After a major leak in one of the SLI fittings (water was literally shooting sideways out of the fitting between card 3 and 4), I got the lines pretty well set. I did begin the bleeding process, which was EXTREMELY easy with the fill ports installed. I basically fill the length of tube for the fill port with coolant, and then slightly tilt the case and watch the bubbles move in the rads. If the fill ports werent installed in the upper right corner of the rads, it would have been much harder to bleed.
I have let the pumps run for around 18 hours over the last 2 days. I have 1 leak in the bottom rad when tilting the computer to bleed the lines, so I will be investigating that tonight (found it this morning before work). I will probably do some more leak tests tonight tilting the case different ways, and then start hooking items up.Edit: I did turn on all 8 5400 RPM gentle typhoons and when the lines were getting somewhat warm from just the pumps running. Those things make my living room sound like the space shuttle is taking off LOL. However, within 15 seconds of them running, the inlet fitting to the rad (the one that should be the warmest and right after the pumps) was frosty within 15 seconds after being quite warm to the touch (had just pumps running for 6-8 hours before that in a 72 degree room).
I did get the Blu-Ray drives painted, as can be seen below. I also found 2 Western Digital RE4 2 TB drives like I wanted. I will take some more pics tonight of the CPU side as there are quite a few more hoses installed. Pending no further set backs, I hope to install windows later this week.
All of the custom cable sleeving will be a slower process, pending how much time i have to actually sit and take all the PSU cables apart and sleeve them. I also want to cut the PSU cables down to the appropraite lengths needed for less clutter in the case.
And now for the picture update:
Painting the drives 1
Painting the drives 2
Pump Location 1
Pump Location 2
Pump Location 3
Front Res's with water (no bleed performed yet) 1
Front Res's with water (no bleed performed yet) 2Edited by Hyperlite - 2/21/12 at 7:29am