Fugly bare metal interior
- most of their cases are available with coated interiors now, but I have a distaste for pre-painted interiors because typically there are modifications that need to be done to a case that will just make you have to repaint it anyway.expensive
- not for the quality, also they have cases that are in the mainstream price brackets as well as the high end.good looking cases have retarded airflow, cases that have good airflow look retarded
- This varies from case to case. Many of the larger Lian Li cases have poor airflow for air cooling, but that is simply because of the size. NO full tower case has good airflow without tons of fans. Also, "good looking" is subjective... There are tons of great looking cases with great airflow (pc-v600f, pc-9 etc.), and tons of ugly cases with terrible airflow.I prefer thumbscrews over the toolless mechanism
- me too, The tool-less things are optional in almost all lian li cases.LL uses, no cable grommets/bad cable routing in general
- Cable grommets are something that should be added by the end user. I hate when cases are full of those ugly things stock (corsair motherboard trays make my cry a little inside) I want to choose exactly where any holes in my case go and I do not want any that to not have a specific purpose. How else can you make a build look nice and clean?
all that said: The number one thing that lian li has up on most other case makers is pure quality of build. Lian li cases are EXTREMELY well made. they use high quality sheet metal, well designed construction, and are extremely light and rigid. I have seen no other (mainstream) cases manufactured with such care except for some of the high end silverstone cases.there are LL cases that I do like, like the V1020 (even though I dont like the wheels. Any idea if those are removable?).
- They are Ps. I might be crazy but things could be a lot worse: I could be Canadian or, god forbid, Swedish
- What is wrong with Canadians? I happen to be marrying one.