Originally Posted by theatigamer
i have the newest drivers with the newest Cap's. so you mean i should go back a couple of updates?
If you are open to suggestion, maybe we can figure it out for you:
1. How the 5970 getting the power from the PSU? Using 4-pin to 8-pin adapters?
2. Link of your PSU.
3. Reset CMOS and go to BIOS to load Optimized Defaults to rule out the OC stability related issues.
4. Are you using preview drivers? If so, unintall and downlaod the latest WHQL Catalyst 11.11 + CAP2. Here: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx
5. Are you using "registered" OS and updated to last available updates?
6. Did you customize the OS or desktop?
7. How did you disable ULPS? This is the correct way of turning it off:
- Go to regedit (start > search programs and files > "regedit").
- In drop down menu: find file > type "enableulps".
- For ALL instances (keep pressing F3) change the "1" value to a "0".
- Reboot PC.
8. Did you have other cards prior to 5970 with your current OS?
9. What motherboard you are using? Please fill in your system specs under "My Profile". It will be easier to help you if we know what you are working with.
10. Please take a screen shot using GPU-Z showing both the master GPU and slave GPU of the 5970 if they are running at PCIe x16, x8 or x4 .
11. Go to Device Manager and under Display Adapters, do you see any yellow warning signs?
12. Are you running "registered" copy of all the games?
13. Are you running all the tests and games in FULL SCREEN MODE? Crossfire doesn't work in Windowed Mode.
14. Download and install the latest version MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 8 to get the correct readings.Edited by Ken1649 - 11/21/11 at 1:53am