Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [AMD] 11.11A Performance drivers out
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[AMD] 11.11A Performance drivers out - Page 4

post #31 of 101
Just installed them. Will try out Skyrim shortly. I only have my 5770's to test with on the AMD side atm though.
post #32 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by a pet rock View Post

Let me clarify then by saying "Just because it can't be fixed in a CAP doesn't mean it won't be fixed at all." It isn't my fault the OP was trying to be sensationalist and give OCN more reason to complain about something they don't need to.

No offense, but what you are 'at fault' about is asserting your own interpretation into a clearly sound, logical statement, and not just "taking issue", or asking for clarification, but actively being insulting towards the OP, based on that interpretation, with no (apparent) evidence to support said assertion.

If the dude was sporting Intel and nVidia, I'd 'get where you're coming from' (even if the logic was still technically unsound) but ... neither is the case, so ...

Bottom-line, "Will Not" logically follows from "Can Not". It's only when you attempt to posit the converse that there's a problem w/the logic.

Basically (and I'm aware that it wasn't you using the term), but your syllogism is the one containing the strawman here wink.gif

Now, this all being said ... NN ... I would remove the last line of your OP if I were you, as it's really being unnecessarily provocative, and makes it look like you're saying something different from what you mean redface.gif
Edited by brettjv - 11/21/11 at 6:39pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
xeon X5675 6-core @ 4.1ghz (1.29v, 20x205 +ht ) rampage iii extreme msi rx470 gaming X (the $159 budget king) 3 x 2gb corsair xms3 pc12800 (9-9-9-24-1T@1600MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
hynix 250gb ssd (boot), 2tb deskstar (apps),1tb... plextor px-712sa - still the best optical drive... corsair h8o v2 aio W10 home 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
asus vw266h 25.5" (1920x1200) abs sl (enermax revolution) * single 70A rail 850w silverstone rv-03 XFi Titanium 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 101
11.11 and cap 1 work great running Skyrim when coupled with an Oblivion profile. I get full load on both GPUs (6870s) and hold a steady 60fps indoor and out, stutter-free! Radeonpro works, as does the ".dll fix".
Leviathan
(13 items)
 
Workstation
(10 items)
 
Alexandria
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @ 4.3 HT on Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Radeon 5970 + GT 240 PHYSX Corsair 12gb (horrible) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB SSD boot + Raid 10 WDC Blues Pirated Win 7 (duh) Alienware AW2310 Corsair AX1200 
Case
Antec 902 Modded 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1265L V2 Asus P8C WS Kingston 32GB 1600MHz ECC Crucial M4 256GB 
CoolingOSPowerAudio
Corsair H50 ESXi 6.0RC Corsair HX1000 Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 
Other
Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon L5630 Supermicro X8DTH-6F Radeon 7750 64GB 1066MHz Registered DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
4 x 4TB Hitachi SAS Ultrastar Crucial M4 256GB Dual NH-U9DX i4 vSphere 6.0RC 
PowerCaseOther
Corsair AX1200 Norco RPC-4220 Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(13 items)
 
Workstation
(10 items)
 
Alexandria
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @ 4.3 HT on Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Radeon 5970 + GT 240 PHYSX Corsair 12gb (horrible) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB SSD boot + Raid 10 WDC Blues Pirated Win 7 (duh) Alienware AW2310 Corsair AX1200 
Case
Antec 902 Modded 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1265L V2 Asus P8C WS Kingston 32GB 1600MHz ECC Crucial M4 256GB 
CoolingOSPowerAudio
Corsair H50 ESXi 6.0RC Corsair HX1000 Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 
Other
Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon L5630 Supermicro X8DTH-6F Radeon 7750 64GB 1066MHz Registered DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
4 x 4TB Hitachi SAS Ultrastar Crucial M4 256GB Dual NH-U9DX i4 vSphere 6.0RC 
PowerCaseOther
Corsair AX1200 Norco RPC-4220 Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 101
Check out the 8.93 leaked drivers. Getting some good feedback on those.
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
Zybane
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6950X - 4.5 GHz Edition 10 Rampage V Extreme Titan Xp  G.Skill 32GB 3200 MHz CL14 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB - Samsung SM961 Windows 10 Pro OLED 4K 55" LG C7P Razer BlackWidow TE Stealth Chroma 
PowerMouseAudioAudio
Corsair AX1500i 1500W Titanium Razer Mamba TE Denon AVR-X7200WA Elac BS 312 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Sennheiser HD-700 Headphones Velodyne MiniVee Subwoofer Buttkicker LFE Razer Orbweaver Stealth Chroma 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 101
Wait...there's a CF issue with Skyrim? What's the issue.

I've got Xfire 6970s and am playing Skyrim at Ultra settings 1920x1200 and getting 35FPS.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @4.7ghz (from silicon lottery) Asus Maximus VIII Impact MSI GTX1080 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32gb @3200mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO Swiftech Apogee XL2 Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Predator Z35 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Multicam TKL Silverstone SFX-L 700w Lian-li PC-Q37 Logitech G303 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @4.7ghz (from silicon lottery) Asus Maximus VIII Impact MSI GTX1080 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32gb @3200mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO Swiftech Apogee XL2 Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Predator Z35 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Multicam TKL Silverstone SFX-L 700w Lian-li PC-Q37 Logitech G303 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by _AKIMbO_ View Post

Wait...there's a CF issue with Skyrim? What's the issue.
I've got Xfire 6970s and am playing Skyrim at Ultra settings 1920x1200 and getting 35FPS.

You should be getting fps well into the 100's with cfx.
post #37 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ranslucen7 View Post

You should be getting fps well into the 100's with cfx.

Oh ja? I thought my FPS was low but I just wrote it off as the uber AA and AF I was running.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @4.7ghz (from silicon lottery) Asus Maximus VIII Impact MSI GTX1080 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32gb @3200mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO Swiftech Apogee XL2 Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Predator Z35 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Multicam TKL Silverstone SFX-L 700w Lian-li PC-Q37 Logitech G303 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k @4.7ghz (from silicon lottery) Asus Maximus VIII Impact MSI GTX1080 G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32gb @3200mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 850 EVO Swiftech Apogee XL2 Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Predator Z35 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Multicam TKL Silverstone SFX-L 700w Lian-li PC-Q37 Logitech G303 
Audio
Creative Sound Blaster X7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanrak View Post

Well iv finished with amd after this lot.

You're joking right? What exactly in this update that you're not happy with?
post #39 of 101
I really hope this sloves the tearing and shearing I get after about 45 minutes of BF3 play, I think it is a VRAM memory stub issue that if fixed will make a big difference...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban Black Edition ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 2X Radeon HD 6970's 2GB in Crossfire 16 Gig - G.SKILL Flare Series DDR3 2000 (PC3 1600) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial SATA 3 128Gig SSD BD, 4X 750Gig RAID 10 LITE-ON 8X BD-ROM, LITE-ON 24X DVD+R, LightScribe WIN 7 Ultimate x64 Hanns G HZ281 1920 X 1200 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Merc Stleath ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ ERV1020EWT 1020W Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Metal Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Thuban Black Edition ASUS Crosshair IV Formula 2X Radeon HD 6970's 2GB in Crossfire 16 Gig - G.SKILL Flare Series DDR3 2000 (PC3 1600) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial SATA 3 128Gig SSD BD, 4X 750Gig RAID 10 LITE-ON 8X BD-ROM, LITE-ON 24X DVD+R, LightScribe WIN 7 Ultimate x64 Hanns G HZ281 1920 X 1200 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Merc Stleath ENERMAX REVOLUTION85+ ERV1020EWT 1020W Corsair Obsidian Series 800D Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Rocketfish Metal Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettjv View Post

He's not guilty of using the strawman fallacy here at all, and the 'bit at the end' is irrelevant to the point being made.
Fluxlite's statement is a confirmation of the validity of the following syllogism, first implicitly implied by Newbie's OP:
Given: "A" cannot happen
Therefore: "A" will not happen
If we know something cannot happen, then it's also 100% valid to say that it won't happen.
Ergo, by claiming that 'will not' cannot logically be derived from 'can not' (which is false, because it can be), A Pet Rock is posting a fallacious argument in response to Newbie, and Fluxlite is pointing out this fallacy.
Go back and read the exchange if necessary wink.gif
Seriously, take a critical thinking class, please. The logic being used is not that hard to follow wink.gif

It said it can't be fixed through a CAP, it did NOT say it can't be fixed period. So no, it isn't 'valid' to say it won't happen at all, especially when Catalyst creator stated he is trying to get the issue resolved.

Quit being a troll.
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ga-x99-sli gigabyte 7970 wf 16gb 4x4 lpx 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
samsung 830 128gb ven x/gt ap-15 evga g2 650w corsair 450d 
Audio
jbl lsr305 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [AMD] 11.11A Performance drivers out