Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ASUS M5A78L-M/LE/LX ; M4A78LT-M/LE/LX Owners club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ASUS M5A78L-M/LE/LX ; M4A78LT-M/LE/LX Owners club! - Page 5

post #41 of 116
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timy View Post

I'm running 1440x900 on the resolution, I would like to stay under $100, I'm not a big gamer at this time.
Thanks

This - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150602

80$ after rebate thumb.gif
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 116
I have a fx4100 with a stock cooler, M5A78L-M LX V2 (125W CPU support) on latest BIOS, 700W 80+ PSU and 2x 4gb 1333 kingston ram. I am informed by asus this board can handle around a 10% overclock ~4ghz (which is what im aiming for).

Under the advanced menu - jumperfree config I have
cpu overclocking - auto
cpu overvoltage - auto
cpu nb frequency - auto
cpu ratio - 20x - 4000mhz

turbo mode - disabled

cpu config
- cool n quiet - disabled
- c1e support - disabled
- advanced clock calivabration - disabled

power menu
suspend mode - auto
acpi 2.0 support - enabled
acpi apic support - enabled

apm config - disabled
cpu q fan function - disabled


The system reboots fine but when its from a cold boot it just says "overclock failed" on the post screen and resets the speed. The only way i can stop this from happening is reenabling the turbo mode.

any help would be greatful.
post #43 of 116

There should be a warning at the top of this thread regarding the false 125W TDP processor rating on the M5A78L-M "LX V2" and "LX PLUS" versions of the board.  There are no changes in the VRM system on this board and there is nothing justifying the increased rating/ability to handle 125W TDP processors over the original M5A78L-M LX which is properly rated for 95W TDP and for good reason (it has been proven that stock speed operation attempt of 125W TDP processor will cause CPU throttling as part of Over-Current protection and it is likely that by attempting to run a 125W TDP processor on the V2 and the PLUS that you will get unreliable operation and lower performance than could be expected as opposed to with a board that offers a proper, higher VRM capacity).

post #44 of 116
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

There should be a warning at the top of this thread regarding the false 125W TDP processor rating on the M5A78L-M "LX V2" and "LX PLUS" versions of the board.  There are no changes in the VRM system on this board and there is nothing justifying the increased rating/ability to handle 125W TDP processors over the original M5A78L-M LX which is properly rated for 95W TDP and for good reason (it has been proven that stock speed operation attempt of 125W TDP processor will cause CPU throttling as part of Over-Current protection and it is likely that by attempting to run a 125W TDP processor on the V2 and the PLUS that you will get unreliable operation and lower performance than could be expected as opposed to with a board that offers a proper, higher VRM capacity).

Noted xd thumb.gif
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 116
Hi everyone, I have M4A78LT-M LX with AMD Athlon ll X2 255 overclocked to 3.7Ghz, and I want to know what is the max for this cpu on this motherboard?
I also have Kingston HyperX 2x2Gb of RAM running on 1600Mhz.
post #46 of 116
Hi,

I don't know if this thread is still alive but I have few questions.

I have just obtain ASUS M5A78L-M LE motherboard and as I see it, FX series can be used on the board.

I bought a FX-6100 black edition and also a 2x4GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 and install all of it to the board. But the problem now is that I didn't see any display on the screen nor a beep sound coming from the board. I was thinking there might be incompatibility issues on the memory so I replaced it with a 1333 memory but still there is no display and no booting sound or beep to be identified if the board is ok or the processor might be incompatible.

I need your suggestions on what to do on this.

Thanks...
post #47 of 116
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecode79 View Post

Hi,
I don't know if this thread is still alive but I have few questions.
I have just obtain ASUS M5A78L-M LE motherboard and as I see it, FX series can be used on the board.
I bought a FX-6100 black edition and also a 2x4GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 and install all of it to the board. But the problem now is that I didn't see any display on the screen nor a beep sound coming from the board. I was thinking there might be incompatibility issues on the memory so I replaced it with a 1333 memory but still there is no display and no booting sound or beep to be identified if the board is ok or the processor might be incompatible.
I need your suggestions on what to do on this.
Thanks...

I totally forgot about this thread biggrin.gif

Sounds like an incompatibility issue and you may need to update the BIOS. Do you have a spare processor lying around?
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 116
Sorry but as of now I only have Athlon II X2 250 processor.

Is there any other way to update the bios so that the FX-6100 can be used?

Thanks...
post #49 of 116
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecode79 View Post

Sorry but as of now I only have Athlon II X2 250 processor.
Is there any other way to update the bios so that the FX-6100 can be used?
Thanks...

You can use that Athlon on the board to update the BIOS. Download the latest BIOS from ASUS' website and use their windows flashing utility.
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Kukumonster
(13 items)
 
A pleasant surprise :)
Cooler Master USP 100 Black Edition
Value redefined.
Amd Athlon II X3 435
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2320 Intel DH67BL Sapphire R9 285 Corsair 8GB (4x2)  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB  WD Blue 1TB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Noctua NH-C14S 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Noctua NF-A140*2 Windows 10 Pro (TP) LG 22" 1080p  Seasonic G-550 F3 550W 
Case
Cooler Master USP100 Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 116
Thanks for the reply.

How can I run the Bios Utility in DOS MODE?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › ASUS M5A78L-M/LE/LX ; M4A78LT-M/LE/LX Owners club!