Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Eurogamer] Ubisoft explains why Ghost Recon: Future Soldier won't come to PC(Confirmed for PC)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Eurogamer] Ubisoft explains why Ghost Recon: Future Soldier won't come to PC(Confirmed for PC) - Page 6  

post #51 of 158
So to stop piracy Ubisoft solution is to stop publishing games for the PC? o__O Good Luck with that PS3 and Xbox 360 also have piracy and trust me its allot worse then the PC, mainly because not everyone has a PC that can handle for example a BF2/3 or Mafia even Assassins Creed while the same doesn't happen in the consoles, their problem is those horrible ports they make, I played a bit of alot of their ports to PC and most are horrible, I own all Assassins Creed and thanks to their not releasing it simultaneous for the PC, both Assassins Creed II and Brotherhood, I bought for the PS3, they aren't making the right choices every time they "try" to fight piracy it horribly backslashes at them, mainly because they are focusing on the wrong problem, if they aren't getting any sales on the PC its not because of piracy its because of their horrible ports, and the fact that Ubisoft only good franchise is Assassins Creed, everything else is plain awful or generic, they killed the Prince Of Persia franchise, just hope they don't kill assassins creed.
If the PC has so much piracy issues how come steam posted 1 billion dollars in sales alone last year. And WoW has nearly 12 million subscribers.

Edit:
And forgot about The Sims, sold 16 million copies on the PC thats more then Halo 3 for the Xbox 360, thats it is the best selling game on that system with 14 million copies.
Edited by Deacon - 11/24/11 at 4:03pm
The Panda v2.5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K [4.7Ghz] MSI MPower Z77 Asus Sritx 1070 Aura 2x Corsair Vengeance 4Gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
1TB Hatachi HDD Samsung 850 pro Outdated, Me uses pen drives. Windows 10 x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG 34UC79G-B SAMSUNG LS22F350 SAMSUNG LS22F350 Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM850 Thermaltake Core P5 Corsair M90 Corsair MM200 
  hide details  
The Panda v2.5
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K [4.7Ghz] MSI MPower Z77 Asus Sritx 1070 Aura 2x Corsair Vengeance 4Gb  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
1TB Hatachi HDD Samsung 850 pro Outdated, Me uses pen drives. Windows 10 x64 
MonitorMonitorMonitorKeyboard
LG 34UC79G-B SAMSUNG LS22F350 SAMSUNG LS22F350 Steelseries 6G v2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM850 Thermaltake Core P5 Corsair M90 Corsair MM200 
  hide details  
post #52 of 158
Because piracy doesn't exist on consoles...
post #53 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Because piracy doesn't exist on consoles...

you are wrong. xbox 360 has the most pirated games for console.
Supernova
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k EVGA Z68 micro sli 2 EVGA GTX 670s Corsair Vengence 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Curcial M4 126gb WD 1tb Koolance 240/360 rad, PMP 450s pump, 370 si blo... 10 Bitfenix Spectre Pro PWN fans 
OSPowerCaseOther
Win 7 x64 NZXT Hale90 v2 1000w Bitfenix Raider - modded Mayhems Aurora SuperNova 
  hide details  
Supernova
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2500k EVGA Z68 micro sli 2 EVGA GTX 670s Corsair Vengence 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Curcial M4 126gb WD 1tb Koolance 240/360 rad, PMP 450s pump, 370 si blo... 10 Bitfenix Spectre Pro PWN fans 
OSPowerCaseOther
Win 7 x64 NZXT Hale90 v2 1000w Bitfenix Raider - modded Mayhems Aurora SuperNova 
  hide details  
post #54 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by xD3aDPooLx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Because piracy doesn't exist on consoles...

you are wrong. xbox 360 has the most pirated games for console.
Still not even close to as much on the pc
MooCwzRck
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.6Ghz Maximus IV Extreme NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) Intel 510 SSD (2 x 120GB RAID 0) Western Digital Caviar Black (2 x 1TB RAID 1) Zalman CPNS 9900 NT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 40" LED TV 6300 1080p Logitech K800 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master HAF X nVidia Edition Logitech M505 Monster Beats Pro's Creative External 5.1 Soundcard 
  hide details  
MooCwzRck
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7-2600K 4.6Ghz Maximus IV Extreme NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) Intel 510 SSD (2 x 120GB RAID 0) Western Digital Caviar Black (2 x 1TB RAID 1) Zalman CPNS 9900 NT 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung 40" LED TV 6300 1080p Logitech K800 Corsair AX850 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Cooler Master HAF X nVidia Edition Logitech M505 Monster Beats Pro's Creative External 5.1 Soundcard 
  hide details  
post #55 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontpwnmebro View Post

they are not refusing to develop this game for the pc. its coming to the pc in another form, it says it right there in the OP.

They're not bringing it in another form.

The GRFS MP, is NOT the same game as Ghost recon online, which is what they're bringing.

Theyre bringing 2 different games to the consoles, get the full version, the PC get an online free to play shooters that ghost recon.
The GRO is totally different from GRFS, you must be completely out of sync to not see this, try opening your eyes.
post #56 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellis142 View Post

Even though they didn't develop it, Ubisoft published Anno 2070, which in my opinion, is amazing.
But yes, having the mindset to believe PC users will just pirate the game is written proof that they have given up. Ghost Recon is great, but even the copies I bought on Steam run horribly, and crash all the time. Consoles are easy to code for compared for the PC. So developers give up, and go for the easy profit.

The Anno series has the notorious Tages DRM though, with mandatory driver installs and "calls home".

I still love me my city builders <3
Antec 300 Build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 570 Corsair DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Force GT Seagate Green 500GB None 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H50 Windows 7 Ultimate Acer P216HV, HP vs17 Corsair AX750 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 Logitech wireless Custom Ferrari 
  hide details  
Antec 300 Build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k Asrock Z77 Extreme4 EVGA GTX 570 Corsair DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Force GT Seagate Green 500GB None 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H50 Windows 7 Ultimate Acer P216HV, HP vs17 Corsair AX750 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec 300 Logitech wireless Custom Ferrari 
  hide details  
post #57 of 158
Wow, I was looking forward to GRFS. I guess I'm in the minority but alot of my favorite games were by Ubisoft. GRAW and GRAW 2 are the best shooter games I've played in terms of realism and AC1, FC2, and Splinter Cell were all great as well IMO.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320E AsRock 970M Pro3 Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 3GB 8GB KLEVV NEO 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x SP S60 120GB RAID 0 Corsair H60 Windows 10 Qnix QX2710 @ 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Antec Neo ECO 520W Antec mini P180 Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse Pad
Artisan Hien VE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3430 Supermicro X8SIE-F XFX 9800 GT  8GB Hynix DDR3 1333MHz ECC R 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 64GB WD Black 750GB Intel stock yo Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ GL2760H EVGA Supernova G2 750W CM Centurion 590 Infinity Primus P150 
Audio
Lepai LP-2020A+ 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320E AsRock 970M Pro3 Zotac GTX 1060 Mini 3GB 8GB KLEVV NEO 1600Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2 x SP S60 120GB RAID 0 Corsair H60 Windows 10 Qnix QX2710 @ 96Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 2 Antec Neo ECO 520W Antec mini P180 Mionix Naos 7000 
Mouse Pad
Artisan Hien VE 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3430 Supermicro X8SIE-F XFX 9800 GT  8GB Hynix DDR3 1333MHz ECC R 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial C300 64GB WD Black 750GB Intel stock yo Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
BenQ GL2760H EVGA Supernova G2 750W CM Centurion 590 Infinity Primus P150 
Audio
Lepai LP-2020A+ 
  hide details  
post #58 of 158
Ubi has never lost money on a pc title. they just don't reach the figures they were hoping for, and are lazy, and pirates are an easy excuse for them to tell people to suck it up and buy a console.
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
Arcane
(33 items)
 
Sanctum
(9 items)
 
Fukurou
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350M Mortar Arctic RX Vega 64 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveHard DriveOSPower
Samsung EVO 960 Consatellation Windows 10 Pro Corsair HX 1050 
Case
Raijintek Aeneas White Window 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Core i5-661 GA-H55-USB3 12GB DDR3 1333 WD Caviar Black AALS 640GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Green EARS 2TB Vertex Turbo 60GB (SSD) Samsung Blu-ray, Samsung DVD Burner H50 (With push/pull nocturas) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64 LG 47inch LED LCD Saitek Eclipse Lite-touch Wireless Seasonic X750 Gold 
CaseAudio
CM690 II Passive bookshelfspeakers + amp. 
  hide details  
post #59 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooCwzRck View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by xD3aDPooLx View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopaScoopa View Post

Because piracy doesn't exist on consoles...

you are wrong. xbox 360 has the most pirated games for console.
Still not even close to as much on the pc


He was being sarcastic guys...

post #60 of 158
Funny, because i brought the PC version of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, and i regret every dollar. Crappiest PC port, they decided to create a dodgy, first person perspective of the third person Xbox 360 game, screwing up the missions and gameplay mechanics.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Eurogamer] Ubisoft explains why Ghost Recon: Future Soldier won't come to PC(Confirmed for PC)