Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Silverstone FT03 & FT03 Mini Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Silverstone FT03 & FT03 Mini Owners Club - Page 200

post #1991 of 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

H60 is most simple / cheapest

If you don't need all the drive trays, then you can fit a UT60 rad...

If I only use a single 2.5in HDD, is it possible to fit a thick AIO like the Nepton 120XL with just a pull fan? (stock 140mm or another high airflow 140mm in the stock mount doing "push") I might use the ITX models of the R9 285 (Sapphire) or GTX 760 (MSI).
Edited by PM323 - 11/11/14 at 9:27pm
post #1992 of 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicyo View Post

Yeah it's meant to be removable as it's attached to the frame with 4 screws, but the 2.5 and 3.5 brackets uses the odd bracket as a secure mounting point. You could use the 3.5 and 2.5 only, but it will be way to flimsy to be considered 'safe'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukemaster View Post

The side panel has a aluminum block to attempt to cool the hot swap bay.

Image from bit-tech
2en3hat.jpg

I was going to remove mine, but did not want to chance bending the panel.

You could use a peg or wedge and hit it hard with a hammer like in somne cpu delide clips on youtube.



Quote:
Originally Posted by vicyo View Post

Yeah it's meant to be removable as it's attached to the frame with 4 screws, but the 2.5 and 3.5 brackets uses the odd bracket as a secure mounting point. You could use the 3.5 and 2.5 only, but it will be way to flimsy to be considered 'safe'

I plan to use a m.2 ssd and maybe a velcro mountet 2.5" between radiator and backpanel~ i would avoid damaging the bracket.
post #1993 of 2736
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PM323 View Post

If I only use a single 2.5in HDD, is it possible to fit a thick AIO like the Nepton 120XL with just a pull fan? (stock 140mm or another high airflow 140mm in the stock mount doing "push") I might use the ITX models of the R9 285 (Sapphire) or GTX 760 (MSI).

Yes, this is how I have mine. I have a Noiseblocker PK-PS 140 mm fan underneath as push, then 40mm XSPC AX120 radiator mounted to the case, then an eLoop B12-PS above that as pull.

Remember to buy 120mm and 140mm gaskets to help seal the airflow, otherwise there is too big a gap between the bottom fan and radiator. Air escapes, resulting in lower pressure and more noise.

e.g. http://www.xs-pc.com/radiator-accessories/120mm-radiator-gasket and http://www.xs-pc.com/radiator-accessories/140mm-radiator-gasket
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
Lori Lemaris 023
(21 items)
 
Felicity Harmon
(23 items)
 
Moneypenny
(12 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1994 of 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzle View Post

I plan to use a m.2 ssd and maybe a velcro mountet 2.5" between radiator and backpanel~ i would avoid damaging the bracket.

Oh, if you going to have only those two, the case also have a 2.5 tray right next to the motherboard:

[from techpowerup review]

so you wont be needing all those bracketry in the side thumb.gif
post #1995 of 2736
thanks vicyo didn't know that! Will definitely be the better option.
Edited by Danzle - 11/12/14 at 4:28pm
post #1996 of 2736
Did anyone try to use a Kraken G10 in their case?

post #1997 of 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travee View Post

Did anyone try to use a Kraken G10 in their case?

http://www.overclock.net/content/type/61/id/2248237/width/350/height/700

I have not used the G10, but do have a Aseteck based liquid cooler on my video card in the FT03(not mini)

You can see the image under my gaming rig.
Gaming
(15 items)
 
Media Center
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.4 Maximus IV Gene-z Asus Dual 1070 OC with Artic Mono Plus G.SKILL F3-1866C9D-16GXM Ripjaws X 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
M4 256 MX 300 Liteon Slot load H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 HP 64 bit BenQ XL2420Z Logitech Wave Corsair 850HX 
CaseMouseAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G9 X-fi Titanium Fatality 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 h55n usb3 msi gtx 650 ti Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WDC Red 3tb M4 128 WDC scorpio Blue 2.5 Sony AD-7690H-01 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Geminii S Windows 7 HP 64 bit SyncMaster 245t Logitech Wave 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
FSP SFX 300 watt SG05 Logitech G9 Sound Blaster Omni 
Other
HD PVR 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming
(15 items)
 
Media Center
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.4 Maximus IV Gene-z Asus Dual 1070 OC with Artic Mono Plus G.SKILL F3-1866C9D-16GXM Ripjaws X 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
M4 256 MX 300 Liteon Slot load H80i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 HP 64 bit BenQ XL2420Z Logitech Wave Corsair 850HX 
CaseMouseAudio
Silverstone FT03 Logitech G9 X-fi Titanium Fatality 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 h55n usb3 msi gtx 650 ti Corsair XMS3 CMX8GX3M2A1600C9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WDC Red 3tb M4 128 WDC scorpio Blue 2.5 Sony AD-7690H-01 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Geminii S Windows 7 HP 64 bit SyncMaster 245t Logitech Wave 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
FSP SFX 300 watt SG05 Logitech G9 Sound Blaster Omni 
Other
HD PVR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1998 of 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

Yes, this is how I have mine. I have a Noiseblocker PK-PS 140 mm fan underneath as push, then 40mm XSPC AX120 radiator mounted to the case, then an eLoop B12-PS above that as pull.

Thanks! If I can indeed use the stock bracket right next to the mobo as such, then I can use a single 2.5in HDD. Loading and boot up times don't really bother me anyway. biggrin.gif

How are the temps BTW? I'm planning to use a 4690K overclocked to around 4.0ghz as I play mostly Total War. I wouldn't even really need to overclock if they only fixed this to run on three cores, or even two, but as it is I'm going 80% on a single core and thousands of soldiers being rendered just gets hiccups when half of them are already a bunch of corpses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiSK View Post

Remember to buy 120mm and 140mm gaskets to help seal the airflow, otherwise there is too big a gap between the bottom fan and radiator. Air escapes, resulting in lower pressure and more noise.

e.g. http://www.xs-pc.com/radiator-accessories/120mm-radiator-gasket and http://www.xs-pc.com/radiator-accessories/140mm-radiator-gasket

I was about to ask about this too, since the rad and push fan won't be smack next to each other. And yeah, I also plan on not using the AP141 - my two AP121's have audible motor whine* and the thing is given how the walls are on this case (plus the pull fan that looks like I'll be able to use) I think I'd actually want some of the air that isn't going through the rad to get thrown towards the walls. Any of it that ends up near the graphics card will then get sucked in by the blower and then out the back of the card on top. Most of the other hotter air will blow over the mobo and RAM, but hopefully with enough pressure from the pull fan.


*which is a shame, given the air whoosh is very quiet vs a pair of Enermax fans I first used (the stock fans on my PS07 now had a lot of audible noise in both aspects); the AF120 Performance are a lot quieter in terms of the motor and vibration even at 12v
Edited by PM323 - 11/13/14 at 7:35am
post #1999 of 2736
Guys, there will be a GTX 970 with the nVidia reference cooler and no coilwhining:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-205-OK

Better latte than never biggrin.gif
post #2000 of 2736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukemaster View Post

I have not used the G10, but do have a Aseteck based liquid cooler on my video card in the FT03(not mini)

You can see the image under my gaming rig.

I have looked everywhere for that Asetek AiO cooler, but they dont sell them anymore. The difference in temps wasnt big enough I guess.

I have both FT03 & FT03 mini and both are constantly moved from one place to another. That's why I don't want to start with custom water cooling just yet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Silverstone FT03 & FT03 Mini Owners Club