Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Is Intel SB-E a failure?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is Intel SB-E a failure? - Page 17

post #161 of 196
the failure in SBE is the 2 locked cores thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif otherwise its just another iteration of intels workstation platform, im not sure what "innovation" were people expecting?
post #162 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post

So Intel should just sell chips to the masses who want them cheap? rolleyes.gif Some of us work for a living and can afford the good things in life

Some of us could afford SB-E but just don't think it is worth the price for what we do. I don't personally need 6 cores to get on OCN and play the occasional round of BF3... thumb.gif
post #163 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I understand that it's not a big deal, believe me...The company I work for is the very definition of disposable income...Building 5 PC's right now that I know our end users paid 5k+ for because that's the only way they get built in this office.
I have no issue with this platform as an encoding platform, a workstation or a server because it actually suits all 3 of those uses, well...Unarguably well, actually...It's not a Xeon and gives me some issues with Ubuntu and Nginx but, it's actually chugging along.
My MAJOR gripe is that I don't agree with how the platform or core was marketed.
It was marketed as a Tri//Quad SLI platform that could handle the enthusiasts every dream...
Which is actually basically what Intel wants me to put on our front page...You're about to tell me that wasn't openly marketed to a gamer/enthusiast?
Read...This was the press release that followed Asus's release of the Rampage IV (Have one in the office for testing too, btw).
As you can read...Obviously, a motherboard for the enthusiast that needs superior performance... -- Performance in what? Because we've proven without a doubt it's not in gaming.
Obviously the OCkey alone is worth the 450$ premium...-- It actually is nice, I rarely give Asus props but, this one actually works...450$ works? No.
Socket change for your cooler...-- Nice idea but, it actually has some issues with contact...Whatever.
X79 Rampage IV Extreme/Battlefield 3 motherboard -- Need I say more about what Asus marketed this as?
Tactical video support is available for 4-way SLI and CossFirex ~ Proven only to be a 6% increase over the Z68's HOWEVER, does support Quad but, it's limited.
And I love the last quip; I also LOVE it when you guys say this wasn't marketed for gaming: "which helps drive home the smoothest gaming experience"...No, no, no, it really doesn't.
"With great performance excellence, it's time to dominate the Battlefield"...I wonder how many people bought the motherboard for the SHEER fact it would improve their gaming when in fact, it actually doesn't.
Flat out, in the first releases, this was marketed as an enthusiast/gaming platform and Asus bought into the hype, sold out their stock...
See I have an issue with that because not all of us are //that// well off...Can anyone else say false advertising?
If this had been marketed as what Ducky said which, is actually what Intel CHANGED their "message" to suggest, I wouldn't have a problem with it at //all//...But, how many people do you think purchased this system for gaming or as an enthusiast platform which is purely what the platform was ORIGINALLY marketed as?

We know it was marketed the wrong way. That's common knowledge.

We know it is of no benefit to gaming much until you get into TRI SLI/Quad SLI scenarios where the extra PCI-E lanes comes into play.

In a nutshell i and many others are trying to keep up with your own contradicting. You seem to go off on a tangent about something from core to core performance saying SB beats SB-E in gaming which is utter nonsense given there the same cores. It's a platform designed for enthusiasts, gaming is not the definition of an enthusiast. But you insist on babbling on about gaming and producing gaming benchmarks from tweaktown.

I wish you could actually stick to one argument and stop changing tack.

Do you actually have any hands on experience with any of this hardware yourself? Being an ADMIN i doubt it.
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 196
Why was it marketed the wrong way? It gives slightly lower perfomance than SB (a few FPS?) due to the larger cache but other than that, GAMES are to blame here. Is it INTEL's fault that games cannot use more than four cores? Make games that use more cores and you will see that his platform does what it says on the box. SBE, whilst expensive, was not marketed the wrong way at all thumb.gif. It is potent and can do what everything but the current software mentality does not allow it to shine.
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
post #165 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post

We know it was marketed the wrong way. That's common knowledge.
We know it is of no benefit to gaming much until you get into TRI SLI/Quad SLI scenarios where the extra PCI-E lanes comes into play.
In a nutshell i and many others are trying to keep up with your own contradicting. You seem to go off on a tangent about something from core to core performance saying SB beats SB-E in gaming which is utter nonsense given there the same cores. It's a platform designed for enthusiasts, gaming is not the definition of an enthusiast. But you insist on babbling on about gaming and producing gaming benchmarks from tweaktown.
I wish you could actually stick to one argument and stop changing tack.
Do you actually have any hands on experience with any of this hardware yourself? Being an ADMIN i doubt it.

Being an Admin of a beta office...You doubt that I have any hands on with this hardware?...Interesting.

Especially considering I started here as a tech...Still build PC's on a daily basis...Even though Admin, is yes, my title...But, I have no hands on experience with a product I build for our customers because I do it all with robots...Yes, you got me...I've built an army of evil robots that build the PC's coming out of my customs office themselves...They secretly hide crack in every system giving the end user a jolt in the air when the computer is turned on and it keeps them coming back for more...When the evil robots reach capacity, they'll kill us all, it's just a matter of time.

I have an extreme amount of hands on experience with the X79 platform, more than I have with SB, actually...Re-Designed practically the entire website on the platform which is why I speak out about it...

I'm a verbal person, not a text person, really...So, unfortunately, it's often difficult for me to get my message across and occasionally I use the wrong terminology but, I happen to be extremely hands on person...Have over a dozen certs...Have wired 12 major offices in the area...Still do so because I enjoy it...Just like the customs...Could hire someone to do it, sure but, I enjoy it too much...I apologize if this is an issue for you but, it makes me happy to have things done properly and well, the first time.

And for the 5th time, while they may be the same physical cores...Without the software to actually utilize those cores, it's worthless...Which is why I posted single threaded apps and why you see it actually losing (Posted those, twice a long with the single core games...but, we didn't seem to notice that)...Eventually, it will be optimized for multi-threaded apps but, until then, it's about as much of a hallmark as my ashes one day will be...When the evil robots build a terminator and come to take over the world.
post #166 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

Being an Admin of a beta office...You doubt that I have any hands on with this hardware?...Interesting.
Especially considering I started here as a tech...Still build PC's on a daily basis...Even though Admin, is yes, my title...But, I have no hands on experience with a product I build for our customers because I do it all with robots...Yes, you got me...I've built an army of evil robots that build the PC's coming out of my customs office themselves...They secretly hide crack in every system giving the end user a jolt in the air when the computer is turned on and it keeps them coming back for more...When the evil robots reach capacity, they'll kill us all, it's just a matter of time.
I have an extreme amount of hands on experience with the X79 platform, more than I have with SB, actually...Re-Designed practically the entire website on the platform which is why I speak out about it...
I'm a verbal person, not a text person, really...So, unfortunately, it's often difficult for me to get my message across and occasionally I use the wrong terminology but, I happen to be extremely hands on person...Have over a dozen certs...Have wired 12 major offices in the area...Still do so because I enjoy it...Just like the customs...Could hire someone to do it, sure but, I enjoy it too much...I apologize if this is an issue for you but, it makes me happy to have things done properly and well, the first time.
And for the 5th time, while they may be the same physical cores...Without the software to actually utilize those cores, it's worthless...Which is why I posted single threaded apps and why you see it actually losing (Posted those, twice a long with the single core games...but, we didn't seem to notice that)...Eventually, it will be optimized for multi-threaded apps but, until then, it's about as much of a hallmark as my ashes one day will be...When the evil robots build a terminator and come to take over the world.

I personally feel your not clued up enough with tech, that's my opinion. I also wish you could explain yourself in a manner that's a bit more mature otherwise i cannot take anything you say seriously. Evil robots and such is all a bit random.... you wasted a good amount on time talking nonsense than actual factual information.

If you do have 1st hand experience with such tech you should have no issues running your own tests rather than quoting/producing benchmarks from other sites like tweaktown. And post them here.... but i guess you'll pull some excuse and reasoning behind why you can't. And it'll be several paragraphs long too.
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
post #167 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post

I personally feel your not clued up enough with tech, that's my opinion. I also wish you could explain yourself in a manner that's a bit more mature otherwise i cannot take anything you say seriously. Evil robots and such is all a bit random.... you wasted a good amount on time talking nonsense than actual factual information.
If you do have 1st hand experience with such tech you should have no issues running your own tests rather than quoting/producing benchmarks from other sites like tweaktown. And post them here.... but i guess you'll pull some excuse and reasoning behind why you can't. And it'll be several paragraphs long too.

Actually it violates practically every NDA I've signed especially considering how many samples we have atm...Not only that but, the last time I posted a screenshot I was actually fined...Took about 4 months to get back in their good graces, as well.

If you can afford the amount that I'll be sued for doing as you ask and my income for the next year considering I'm under contract...I'll more than happily provide you with the benches/tests/etc that we ran with this platform...Including all of the actual literature that Intel released with this platform, etc...Press packets...The list goes on.

Otherwise, I'm going to decline.

I have to walk 2 lines...1) We supply businesses and the Gov't with PC's...So, workstation and servers...2) Obviously if you want a PC go to the website...Those are 2 VERY different markets...But, I have to walk the line...So where as you see this 1 sided, I see it from both...It's my job.

Nothing I have said so far is nonsense...I'm a realist...As a realist, since the cores on SB-E won't be optimized until Ivy then core for core it is not an improvement over SB...You can point out all day there are 2 more of the same cores but, do me a favor...Use them...Oh wait, you can't except in 6/7 retail applications...I've proven that with every single single threaded app/game so far that I've shown here.

If you can't use them, they don't exist and to 95% of the market, you can't use them so, to me, they don't exist to the average user...Much less, who this platform was marketed to.

We're going to have to agree to disagree because, that's my opinion from a retail standpoint and it's not changing...It's not blind logic either...It would be like buying a Ferrari only, you can't use the engine at full capacity for 6 months so, in reality you basically just bought a Fiat that looks cool...Wow...Great investment.

If you're using this as a workstation, absolutely, they exist and if you choose to game on this workstation then okay, it's not an improvement though because it's not optimized for that function...It is a great workstation even with it's issues and does perform well in that regard.

However, not only is it not optimized, it's a proven 3-4% difference...That to me, doesn't say enthusiast.

When the 980x was released, instantly optimization appeared and max utilization was possible...It crushed X58's and everything else available because of that optimization...We don't have that here...We don't have an inkling of optimization or full core utilization and we won't for several months...

That means, to me, for several months, this is a clock for clock/core for core failure until that happens.

Again, I'm going to have to respectfully, disagree...and agree to disagree because, as a vendor, someone who walks both sides of this fence 365 days a year, I see the world much differently than you do, obviously.

The way that this platform was marketed, the definition of enthusiast, to me...isn't there...Nor is the platform itself, actually garnered for the enthusiast.

My company defines enthusiast as someone whom is educated, very interested in their genre and someone that will spare absolutely no expense in having the best for their field...

You may see an enthusiast as someone who requires the latest and greatest but, I guess I have higher standards for what an enthusiast is than the vast majority of you do.

Again, you may think I contradict myself but, that's only because I walk this line 24/7...I'm sorry if that's confusing but, the board I answer to actually fully understands my issues with X79...That's what matters.
Edited by Masked - 11/28/11 at 8:24am
post #168 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post


Actually it violates practically every NDA I've signed especially considering how many samples we have atm...Not only that but, the last time I posted a screenshot I was actually fined...Took about 4 months to get back in their good graces, as well.

The NDA is not in effect on the CPU's/Platforms we are talking about.

If you can afford the amount that I'll be sued for doing as you ask and my income for the next year considering I'm under contract...I'll more than happily provide you with the benches/tests/etc that we ran with this platform...Including all of the actual literature that Intel released with this platform, etc...Press packets...The list goes on.
Otherwise, I'm going to decline.

I have to walk 2 lines...1) We supply businesses and the Gov't with PC's...So, workstation and servers...2) Obviously if you want a PC go to the website...Those are 2 VERY different markets...But, I have to walk the line...So where as you see this 1 sided, I see it from both...It's my job.

Since when did Alienware (where you apparantly work) supply businesses/government with systems. Dell does supply to those areas (which owns Alienware). Alienware is aimed at gamers.

Nothing I have said so far is nonsense...I'm a realist...As a realist, since the cores on SB-E won't be optimized until Ivy then core for core it is not an improvement over SB...

Nobody ever said it was.

You can point out all day there are 2 more of the same cores but, do me a favor...Use them...Oh wait, you can't except in 6/7 retail applications...I've proven that with every single single threaded app/game so far that I've shown here.

I haven't seen any single threaded tests from you, only gaming benchies.

If you can't use them, they don't exist and to 95% of the market, you can't use them so, to me, they don't exist to the average user...Much less, who this platform was marketed to.
We're going to have to agree to disagree because, that's my opinion from a retail standpoint and it's not changing...It's not blind logic either...It would be like buying a Ferrari only, you can't use the engine at full capacity for 6 months so, in reality you basically just bought a Fiat that looks cool...Wow...Great investment.

The average user doesn't buy X79, those that do use it as it was intended for in multi core/multi threaded work loads.

If you're using this as a workstation, absolutely, they exist and if you choose to game on this workstation then okay, it's not an improvement though because it's not optimized for that function...It is a great workstation even with it's issues and does perform well in that regard.
However, not only is it not optimized, it's a proven 3-4% difference...That to me, doesn't say enthusiast.

3%-4% in a workstation enviroment? Against what exactly?

When the 980x was released, instantly optimization appeared and max utilization was possible...It crushed X58's and everything else available because of that optimization...We don't have that here...We don't have an inkling of optimization or full core utilization and we won't for several months...
That means, to me, for several months, this is a clock for clock/core for core failure until that happens.
Again, I'm going to have to respectfully, disagree...and agree to disagree because, as a vendor, someone who walks both sides of this fence 365 days a year, I see the world much differently than you do, obviously.

You see the world from you own point of view, and your ignorant.


The way that this platform was marketed, the definition of enthusiast, to me...isn't there...Nor is the platform itself, actually garnered for the enthusiast.
My company defines enthusiast as someone whom is educated, very interested in their genre and someone that will spare absolutely no expense in having the best for their field...

Most enthusiasts actually try to spend less, most of them overclock which is a quick and simple way of spending less and getting more.

You may see an enthusiast as someone who requires the latest and greatest but, I guess I have higher standards for what an enthusiast is than the vast majority of you do.

.......erm.

Again, you may think I contradict myself but, that's only because I walk this line 24/7...I'm sorry if that's confusing but, the board I answer to actually fully understands my issues with X79...That's what matters.

I'll actually quote myself here:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029

I personally feel your not clued up enough with tech, that's my opinion. I also wish you could explain yourself in a manner that's a bit more mature otherwise i cannot take anything you say seriously. Evil robots and such is all a bit random.... you wasted a good amount on time talking nonsense than actual factual information.
If you do have 1st hand experience with such tech you should have no issues running your own tests rather than quoting/producing benchmarks from other sites like tweaktown. And post them here.... but i guess you'll pull some excuse and reasoning behind why you can't. And it'll be several paragraphs long too.

Yeah i was right... rolleyes.gif
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
Reply
post #169 of 196
There is no NDA for 3960X and 3930K, 3820 hasn't been released, neither have the 8-core parts.

Either way this is a stupid discussion.

i have Intel's press packets, they just list like 50 programs that benefit from the 6-core and 12-threads, and show some basic improvments hahahaha. They are really funny.
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Main Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5960X Extreme Edition @ 4.5GHz Always Changing VisonTek R9 290 G.Skill Ripjaws 4 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 @ 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 128GB M.2 PCI-E 4x SSD Apotop 256GB SSD 1.82TB NAS Noctua NH-D15 with both fans 
OSPower
Win7 Pro Enermax 1000W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #170 of 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822 View Post

There is no NDA for 3960X and 3930K, 3820 hasn't been released, neither have the 8-core parts.
Either way this is a stupid discussion.
i have Intel's press packets, they just list like 50 programs that benefit from the 6-core and 12-threads, and show some basic improvments hahahaha. They are really funny.

@Sin, Ironically the vast majority of the programs on the list really don't benefit...The improvements are a joke...

Actually, the NDA for vendors extends until January 1st...At least mine do...

Posting from a next-gen sample build...Very impressed.

And the blanket NDA "we" as an office signed continues until June of 2012...(For SB-E/etc)

@Mhill, if you're going to constantly take my actual points out of context, I'd be much better off communicating with a wall. Guess I'll conclude at that and start talking to one...Will get more out of it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel - General › Is Intel SB-E a failure?