Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Gaming with AMD FTW !!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaming with AMD FTW !! - Page 13  

post #121 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nsavop View Post

You must of missed these Bulldozer Benchmarks

What else is new rolleyes.gif
post #122 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996gt2 View Post

Probably because many of us Intel guys used to be AMD fans and have multiple AMD rigs back when AMD was still on top, and we still keep up with what AMD is doing to see what they're up to these days.
For me it's never been about brand loyalty, but rather about performance. I don't see any logic in mindlessly buying one brand, but I do see the value of looking at what both sides have to offer.

+1
post #123 of 293
Why does "BD ppl" feel the need to make threads on threads regarding the BD's performance? This is like the 4'th time during the last week.

I have been going back and forth from AMD to Intel and the only reason why im with Intel ATM is due to the performance so don't come here ranting "Intel Fanboy etc"

If the BD is doing good for you, then by all means good for you, but why the sudden need to try to enforce your opinion on the other members here, it will only result in a lot of shi*t trowing.

Even though BD may be gaining some performance with bios updates, Windows 8 etc etc you can't deny the fact that the release of BD was a failure. It got pretty bad reviews by most of the largers reviewers, most of this was because the hype that AMD made prior to the release, they made us think that BD was going to be walking all over the 2500/2600k , and be the champ for quite some time, while it actually was a few steps behind or at best on par with the 2500k.
post #124 of 293
Actually never mind, it's the same people over and over in different threads.

Fool me twice, shame on me!

GL!
Edited by BallaTheFeared - 12/5/11 at 6:41pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
post #125 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post

. For a budget builder Amd is still the better way to go

Not sure how you figure.

Core I3 2130/Z68 Extreme3 = 274.98
Phenom II X4 955/990FX Extreme 3 = 253.99

20 dollars more and the I3 torches the X4 in gaming.

Torches??? Lol. More like on par... but wait, open up a few programs and watch the i3 stuggle... compare a quad to a quad, or a 6 core to intels $500 6 core and see the price difference sore.
post #126 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggy88 View Post

Why does "BD ppl" feel the need to make threads on threads regarding the BD's performance? This is like the 4'th time during the last week.

I have been going back and forth from AMD to Intel and the only reason why im with Intel ATM is due to the performance so don't come here ranting "Intel Fanboy etc"

If the BD is doing good for you, then by all means good for you, but why the sudden need to try to enforce your opinion on the other members here, it will only result in a lot of shi*t trowing.

Even though BD may be gaining some performance with bios updates, Windows 8 etc etc you can't deny the fact that the release of BD was a failure. It got pretty bad reviews by most of the largers reviewers, most of this was because the hype that AMD made prior to the release, they made us think that BD was going to be walking all over the 2500/2600k , and be the champ for quite some time, while it actually was a few steps behind or at best on par with the 2500k.

We are not allowed to talk about BD performance? Even if it's not up to your high standards? And enforce our opinions on you? headscratch.gif Geez! OCN is getting worse by the minute.
Oxygène
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic VTX3D R9 390 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X Kingston HyperX Fury ADATA SP550 ADATA SX8000 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Windows 10 Dell U2711 Microsoft WK 800 
PowerCaseMouse
Chieftec A-135 Series 1000W NZXT. Phantom 410 Microsoft WM 1000 
  hide details  
Oxygène
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1600 MSI B350 Tomahawk Arctic VTX3D R9 390 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Kingston Hyper X Kingston HyperX Fury ADATA SP550 ADATA SX8000 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 Windows 10 Dell U2711 Microsoft WK 800 
PowerCaseMouse
Chieftec A-135 Series 1000W NZXT. Phantom 410 Microsoft WM 1000 
  hide details  
post #127 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcom28 View Post

nah i prefer AMD girls biggrin.gif
amdgirls.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They need to work on their girls.
Stupid Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Asus GTX 970 DirectCU Mini Crucial Ballistix Sport 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400 CL16  
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD Prolimatech Samuel 17 w/ Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 Fan Windows 7 Home Premium KB87 Bluetooth CNC Acrylic Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SFX PSU SG05W-Lite Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Stupid Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Asus GTX 970 DirectCU Mini Crucial Ballistix Sport 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400 CL16  
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD Prolimatech Samuel 17 w/ Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 Fan Windows 7 Home Premium KB87 Bluetooth CNC Acrylic Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SFX PSU SG05W-Lite Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
post #128 of 293
phenom II vs. last gen i7. it wasn't that bad. price : performance amd was the better buy.there isn't much uber powerful graphics cards at that time so a phenom II wasn't bottlenecking even multi gpu setups. the thubans beat the last gen at heavy threaded tasks. they have weaker IPC but at least they have a selling point. cheap hexacores especially the 1055T and performaance was great.

bulldozer vs. sandy bridge? bulldozer is horrible. even worse than the phenom II and sandy bridge was definitely an upgrade from the last gen. I just can't see bulldozer being a good chip. I'm really amazed how some people can fool themselves. I guess some amd fanboys are just too ignorant. I was a massive amd fan and owned almost every amd chip last gen but this time around we got a bust. I would've been fine if the amd boys went with bulldozer, kept quiet and happy with their cpu. lo and behold. they're praising like it's the best cpu ever made.
post #129 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

phenom II vs. last gen i7. it wasn't that bad. price : performance amd was the better buy.there isn't much uber powerful graphics cards at that time so a phenom II wasn't bottlenecking even multi gpu setups. the thubans beat the last gen at heavy threaded tasks. they have weaker IPC but at least they have a selling point. cheap hexacores especially the 1055T and performaance was great.
bulldozer vs. sandy bridge? bulldozer is horrible. even worse than the phenom II and sandy bridge was definitely an upgrade from the last gen. I just can't see bulldozer being a good chip. I'm really amazed how some people can fool themselves. I guess some amd fanboys are just too ignorant. I was a massive amd fan and owned almost every amd chip last gen but this time around we got a bust. I would've been fine if the amd boys went with bulldozer, kept quiet and happy with their cpu. lo and behold. they're praising like it's the best cpu ever made.

Lol, u admit you have never touched bd, yet you claim its horrible...would have to say that's pretty ignorant...you ignorance has destroyed your ability to read. This thread is not about bd beating intel, its about Amd doing great gaming. Please read the posts and not jump to conclusions.

Also, people with bd can't make a thread saying how much they like there cpu? What are you? The internet nazi. Jeez the amount of blind ignorant pompous idiots ruining overclock.net with there "if you don't think what I think your opinion dosnt matter" is growing rapidly.
post #130 of 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papas View Post

Lol, u admit you have never touched bd, yet you claim its horrible...would have to say that's pretty ignorant...you ignorance has destroyed your ability to read. This thread is not about bd beating intel, its about Amd doing great gaming. Please read the posts and not jump to conclusions.
Also, people with bd can't make a thread saying how much they like there cpu? What are you? The internet nazi. Jeez the amount of blind ignorant pompous idiots ruining overclock.net with there "if you don't think what I think your opinion dosnt matter" is growing rapidly.

if you actually read my post I was talking about gaming. I wouldn't have mentioned a phenom II x4 not bottlenecking multi gpu setups when it was released.

so I have to own it to say it's horrible? I actually use my head when purchasing my hardware. you think it was easy for me to sell my 990FX UD7 board which I bought when they were released? my phenom II x6 1090t was bottlenecking my gtx 480 SLI. I got the board because I wanted bulldozer. I knew it wouldn't beat intel esp in gaming because obviously it has more cores and we live in a 2-threaded world still I was dead set on getting bulldozer.as long as it was an upgrade then I was ok. alas It sucked. even my phenom II 1090T would be better in gaming and it would severely bottleneck my two gtx 480's.

bulldozer sucks. it has some strong points BUT DEFINITELY NOT GAMING. tbh I don't care about BENTmarks as I used to call it. I just want more FPS. if you think bulldozer is doing great in gaming I suggest you do a bit more research.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Gaming with AMD FTW !!