Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Club - Page 78

post #771 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3nd3l View Post

The 8 pin is for extra power when overclocking.
I do not have the MSI so I can not confirm if it would run cooler but in theory I guess it would run a little cooler on air.
If you decide to water cool it though the MSI uses the smaller universal block compared to the full block you can get for the EVGA so the EVGA should run cooler under water.

so get the EVGA then? is it better or something? Im still deciding

Will the GTX 570 beat this?
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.
post #772 of 2759
Sorry for how long it took to reply.
I tried the drivers on the disc that came with card, still having issues, but my buddy has an sli bridge he is going to let me try...
my temps btw are really hot, planning on watercooling asap. top card hits 92 c bottom hits 75 c.
I had to shave some of the plastic off on the top classy to get it to fit for sli, so its REALLY close together.
359
TINY
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
LGA 1155 Core i5 ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Z68 EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 classified SLI G.SKILL Sniper 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1Tb WD Asus Corsair H60 Win 8 pro w/media center 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Vizio 22" CRT 17" 1280x1024 for temps ect. Razer Blackwidow Xion 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Vulcan Razer Dethadder Razer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
TINY
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
LGA 1155 Core i5 ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z Z68 EVGA GTX 560 ti 448 classified SLI G.SKILL Sniper 1600 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1Tb WD Asus Corsair H60 Win 8 pro w/media center 64 bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Vizio 22" CRT 17" 1280x1024 for temps ect. Razer Blackwidow Xion 1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Vulcan Razer Dethadder Razer 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #773 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

so get the EVGA then? is it better or something? Im still deciding
Will the GTX 570 beat this?
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Either one will be fine. They are both good and both can reasonably overclock very well. As for beating the 570, it's hard to say because of different setups. What I do know is that these 448 cards 6 power phases vs the 4 on the 570's enabling them to oc higher and more stable. Remember that these are limited edition cards so once there gone, there gone.

Quote:
Sorry for how long it took to reply.
I tried the drivers on the disc that came with card, still having issues, but my buddy has an sli bridge he is going to let me try...
my temps btw are really hot, planning on watercooling asap. top card hits 92 c bottom hits 75 c.
I had to shave some of the plastic off on the top classy to get it to fit for sli, so its REALLY close together.

Mine are that close as well. I put some foam spacers between the 2 before I pinned them down. I have a nice 1/4" gap now and my top cards peaked at 82*C. While it may be high it's still well within the safe zone. I do run 100% fan speed and 2 side fans that blow directly on them. This is only for gaming tho, otherwise the fans are at 50%. I have thought about switching boards but I like how easy this board is and the onboard sound is one of the best out there. Also because of funds being this board was almost 200$. If you figure something out to help with cooling (other than water) let me know.

Terry

EDIT: I am going to try to remove the outer shroud and see if that helps.
Gamer
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k 4.3 @1.28v Asus Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
DDR3 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 9-9-9-24 Samsung 120GB 840 Pro (OS) WD Blue 1TB Raid 0 Intel 320 120GB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD EK Supremecy CPU EK GTX 980 Ti Black Ice SR-1 360/240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Asus 23" LCD 1080p X3 Nvidia Surround Logitech G510 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Gigabyte M6980 Razor Goliath Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamer
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930k 4.3 @1.28v Asus Rampage IV Formula EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+ 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
DDR3 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 9-9-9-24 Samsung 120GB 840 Pro (OS) WD Blue 1TB Raid 0 Intel 320 120GB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG DVD EK Supremecy CPU EK GTX 980 Ti Black Ice SR-1 360/240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro Asus 23" LCD 1080p X3 Nvidia Surround Logitech G510 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Gigabyte M6980 Razor Goliath Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #774 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

so get the EVGA then? is it better or something? Im still deciding
Will the GTX 570 beat this?
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

I like the EVGA. However, the MSI has shown some really good OC's. I have seen 1+GHZ instead of 950 max for the EVGA. As far as cooling, my classy is oc to 900/1800/1950 at 1.038V and the fan never goes above 70% and keeps it low to mid 60s with 90+% load.

EVGA supports full waterblock if you plan to WC later down the road. If you are going to SLI make sure your slots are not really close. I think either card takes up a bit of room.

I would say get which ever one you can get cheapest.
post #775 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

Ok so EVGA or MSI help:) Just about to order
Or 3-way sli with gtx 260? lol thats an option
Please use the edit button instead of double posting.

I have handled both cards & tested them and lean towards the MSI. Quieter/cooler & slightly shorter. Temps on my MSI are 62c max @50% fan speed, (set to silent on the gpu) My friends EVGA runs slightly hotter at higher fan RPM 70% and is nosier. (overclocked temps)

The EVGA clocked to 920/1840/2100 w/ +150mv. (1.1v) temps 70c+

The MSI clocked to 980/1960/2200 w/125mv (1.1v) temps around 62c

The MSI card has a triple over voltage feature but i've not played around with it much, I have 25mv on the core and +50mv on the mem/aux voltages, left to see if i can push it further, but +150mv wasn't stable at 1GHZ core.. My clocks are 900/1800/2200 @1.024v for BF3 and temps never go above 55-58c.

Me and my friend have the same case, but i have one extra intake fan, so both systems have very similar cooling.

You can't go wrong with either, but as someone mentioned a few posts back, if you want to water cool, maybe best to go with the EVGA.
Edited by ollie26 - 2/6/12 at 5:27pm
post #776 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by ollie26 View Post

I have handled both cards & tested them and lean towards the MSI. Quieter/cooler & slightly shorter. Temps on my MSI are 62c max @50% fan speed, (set to silent on the gpu) My friends EVGA runs slightly hotter at higher fan RPM 70% and is nosier. (overclocked temps)
The EVGA clocked to 920/1840/2100 w/ +150mv. (1.1v) temps 70c+
The MSI clocked to 980/1960/2200 w/125mv (1.1v) temps around 62c
The MSI card has a triple over voltage feature but i've not played around with it much, I have 25mv on the core and +50mv on the mem/aux voltages, left to see if i can push it further, but +150mv wasn't stable at 1GHZ core.. My clocks are 900/1800/2200 @1.024v for BF3 and temps never go above 55-58c.
Me and my friend have the same case, but i have one extra intake fan, so both systems have very similar cooling.
You can't go wrong with either, but as someone mentioned a few posts back, if you want to water cool, maybe best to go with the EVGA.

what about the msi gtx 570? will it be a little better?
post #777 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverClocker55 View Post

what about the msi gtx 570? will it be a little better?

I have heard that these OC better than the 570. I have seen one of the 560 448 oc and run with a 580 (at stock). Do not know much about the 570 though. These are cheaper. Not sure how this compairs to a 570 clock for clock....
post #778 of 2759
Well ive gotten mine to 940core/1880/1950 memory at 1.1v. Anymore than this baby will artifact. Planning to keep it in service for the next 2 years so I lowered to clock down to 900/1800/1950 at 1.063v.

Very nice card overall. Have the evga version of the 448 classified and they sound like my blender at 100% fan speed. Thankfully it never goes up that high. Highest ive seen is 60%.
post #779 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardoc22 View Post

Well ive gotten mine to 940core/1880/1950 memory at 1.1v. Anymore than this baby will artifact. Planning to keep it in service for the next 2 years so I lowered to clock down to 900/1800/1950 at 1.063v.
Very nice card overall. Have the evga version of the 448 classified and they sound like my blender at 100% fan speed. Thankfully it never goes up that high. Highest ive seen is 60%.

Sounds good. thumb.gif

Don't forget the sig.....
post #780 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by selluminis View Post

Sounds good. thumb.gif
Don't forget the sig.....

hmm? what you mean about my sig? =S
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Club