Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Club - Page 97

post #961 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by banned0518 View Post

Xes448 I'm on air cooled, and at 950mhz core clock, And I don't have an SLI setup only one card. Can you link to your 3dmark11 score?

I didnt see the higher score was vantage not 3dmark11 smile.gif Sry about that!

I use OCCT 4.0 for stable test if its say 1 error I oc back 5mhz.
Now the highest stable 920/1840 2200 memory @ 1.1 volt max temp 78-9 C
with 900mhz only 76C

The 3dMark score as u want:
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2752713 P6826 / GPU 6627 @920/2200

The 950 wasnt sable 4 me (dunno why) i didnt save the score page just the points
post #962 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven88 View Post

Anybody here play Killing Floor or Grand Theft Auto San Andreas? Or at least own the game to give it a try for me?

I haven't tried these 2 games but I tried about 30 other games since I bought my MSI GTX560Ti 448 OC. Haven't had a single problem, drivers I'm using are 295.51.
post #963 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xes448 View Post

I didnt see the higher score was vantage not 3dmark11 smile.gif Sry about that!
I use OCCT 4.0 for stable test if its say 1 error I oc back 5mhz.
Now the highest stable 920/1840 2200 memory @ 1.1 volt max temp 78-9 C
with 900mhz only 76C
The 3dMark score as u want:
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2752713 P6826 / GPU 6627 @920/2200
The 950 wasnt sable 4 me (dunno why) i didnt save the score page just the points

I'm running on 980 mhz core clock 2200 memory clock and +150mV on MSI Afterburner.
@ 34c idle, 64-70c Max any further becomes unstable for me. Whos your manufacturer for your 448?
Your temps would make me rather iffy to go any further, What type of cooling you sitting on?
Edited by banned0518 - 2/13/12 at 6:40am
post #964 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by banned0518 View Post

I'm running on 980 mhz core clock 2200 memory clock and +150mV on MSI Afterburner.
@ 34c idle, 64-70c Max any further becomes unstable for me. Whos your manufacturer for your 448?
Your temps would make me rather iffy to go any further, What type of cooling you sitting on?

MSI as yours! smile.gif TFIII PE

337

Sorry for quality i make this with my phone.

My room temp about 25-26 C

38-40 @ idle my case open as u can see, mb i should buy +2+3 fan : /
and I use afterburner too as well.

What is your fan speed @ full load? here is about 65-70% depends on Mhz
Edited by Xes448 - 2/13/12 at 7:53am
post #965 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glottis View Post

I haven't tried these 2 games but I tried about 30 other games since I bought my MSI GTX560Ti 448 OC. Haven't had a single problem, drivers I'm using are 295.51.

thats the thing...so far I only seen it happend in KF & GTA SA...like I said, I tried other games and they have been rock solid

I seriously hope its an isolate case...but if someone can run the games for me, I would appreciate it
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k 4.6GHz 1.24v Asus Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 ACX x2 SLI 16gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Noctua NH-D15 Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit Dell UltraSharp U3011 30inch 2560x1600 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
AudioAudio
Schiit Modi USB DAC External Sound Card Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k 4.6GHz 1.24v Asus Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 ACX x2 SLI 16gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Noctua NH-D15 Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit Dell UltraSharp U3011 30inch 2560x1600 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
AudioAudio
Schiit Modi USB DAC External Sound Card Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #966 of 2759
EVGA GTX 560 ti Ultra just came out! thumb.gif http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130758
Edited by OverClocker55 - 2/13/12 at 8:13am
post #967 of 2759
I've got a push pull setup on my H50(both are around 1800rpm), My Fan1 Runs at 1800RPM(Front Fan), fan 2(side case fan) runs around 3800, my MSI card runs between 50-70% when full load. If I'm pushing it to the limit, I set it at 100% manually. My fan 2 is above my card.
post #968 of 2759
msi TwinFrozer 3 Power Edition here... After messing around with my card a bit, the most comfortable overclock I've settled on is 900/1800/1950 +75mV.

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2734383

The card isn't stable at anything less than +75mV with these speeds, which is pretty reasonable I think. I can probably push it a bit harder if I add more voltage (there's room enough on the slider), but on default fan settings it currently tops at 78-79°C on 99% load (79°C is the absolute max registered on about 5 hours of continuous gaming... 35° Idle and average around 62°C most of the time). I tested more aggressive fan profiles but I'm honestly not too happy with the extra noise... Keeping the same curve, but pushing it up so that it always spins 5% more than the default manages to cut off a good 4°C, but it gets really noisy really fast. Basically I'm leaving it at that because I know I can't enjoy playing next to something that sounds like a jet engine just to manage the extra heat a few measly Mhz would generate tongue.gif.

If you're more tolerant towards fan noise, or if you're adventurous and don't mind daring it at higher temps (or if you're a cooling virtuoso and find a better cooling solution), you can most likely find stable settings higher than 900/1800/1950 on pretty much any card. I don't think I've seen a single poster in this thread who couldn't manage a stable, acceptably cool 900/1800/1950 setup, that seems like this card's de-facto safe-but-powerful near-guaranteed easy-to-manage overclock. Like many have said though, they're not all built equal, some cards can go higher and still stay cool, others will tend to heat up more easily, others need more voltage to stay stable, but anyone should be able to reach that.

Regarding voltage and stability, thank god Windows 7 doesn't blue screen on you when the graphics drivers crash like older OSes would. Nowadays it's more like "Oh it crashed. *CLICK* *CLICK* back in business"

Regarding 3DMark11 scores, I hate that although my score is above the majority of other people with comparable machines, 3DMark11 insists my score is low because this *one* guy is hitting über high scores with a nitrogen pump or something cooling both his CPU and GPU at extreme overclocks. That's hardly the average setup and hardly what I'd compare mine to.
post #969 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzoum View Post

msi TwinFrozer 3 Power Edition here... After messing around with my card a bit, the most comfortable overclock I've settled on is 900/1800/1950 +75mV.
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2734383
The card isn't stable at anything less than +75mV with these speeds, which is pretty reasonable I think. I can probably push it a bit harder if I add more voltage (there's room enough on the slider), but on default fan settings it currently tops at 78-79°C on 99% load (79°C is the absolute max registered on about 5 hours of continuous gaming... 35° Idle and average around 62°C most of the time). I tested more aggressive fan profiles but I'm honestly not too happy with the extra noise... Keeping the same curve, but pushing it up so that it always spins 5% more than the default manages to cut off a good 4°C, but it gets really noisy really fast. Basically I'm leaving it at that because I know I can't enjoy playing next to something that sounds like a jet engine just to manage the extra heat a few measly Mhz would generate tongue.gif.
If you're more tolerant towards fan noise, or if you're adventurous and don't mind daring it at higher temps (or if you're a cooling virtuoso and find a better cooling solution), you can most likely find stable settings higher than 900/1800/1950 on pretty much any card. I don't think I've seen a single poster in this thread who couldn't manage a stable, acceptably cool 900/1800/1950 setup, that seems like this card's de-facto safe-but-powerful near-guaranteed easy-to-manage overclock. Like many have said though, they're not all built equal, some cards can go higher and still stay cool, others will tend to heat up more easily, others need more voltage to stay stable, but anyone should be able to reach that.
Regarding voltage and stability, thank god Windows 7 doesn't blue screen on you when the graphics drivers crash like older OSes would. Nowadays it's more like "Oh it crashed. *CLICK* *CLICK* back in business"
Regarding 3DMark11 scores, I hate that although my score is above the majority of other people with comparable machines, 3DMark11 insists my score is low because this *one* guy is hitting über high scores with a nitrogen pump or something cooling both his CPU and GPU at extreme overclocks. That's hardly the average setup and hardly what I'd compare mine to.

grats on the overclock...at least you didn't receive a dud chip, right?

some people game on close end headphones...i use to, and i had my fan profile at 100% fan speed during gaming....I didn't mind cuz I couldn't hear any of it
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k 4.6GHz 1.24v Asus Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 ACX x2 SLI 16gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Noctua NH-D15 Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit Dell UltraSharp U3011 30inch 2560x1600 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
AudioAudio
Schiit Modi USB DAC External Sound Card Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 4670k 4.6GHz 1.24v Asus Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 ACX x2 SLI 16gb G.Skill Trident X 2400mhz CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 PRO 256gb Noctua NH-D15 Windows 8.1 PRO 64 Bit Dell UltraSharp U3011 30inch 2560x1600 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-850 80+ Gold Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G602 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
AudioAudio
Schiit Modi USB DAC External Sound Card Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #970 of 2759
Quote:
Originally Posted by banned0518 View Post

I've got a push pull setup on my H50(both are around 1800rpm), My Fan1 Runs at 1800RPM(Front Fan), fan 2(side case fan) runs around 3800, my MSI card runs between 50-70% when full load. If I'm pushing it to the limit, I set it at 100% manually. My fan 2 is above my card.

Can you take picture for us smile.gif
btw nice to see u can get 980!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX 560 Ti 448 core OC Club