Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › New finding... Please read if your overclocking is not stable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New finding... Please read if your overclocking is not stable. - Page 5

post #41 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeeftec View Post

I also read your FURMARK and PRIME95 and NOT ONE OF THEM is indicative of 3 580s on a system!!
Prime95 is not video instensive at all so it has no bearing on the cards and Furmark does not stress out total system GRAPHICS either and STILL is only relative to
the settings set and how stressful IT is, It still does NOT fully amp up cards to their HIGEST Potential.
You have got to be kidding me. You can remove two of those because they are 570s and the other two are only 2 580s not 3. And again,
They are only relative to the benchmarks that they are running and the settings they are running them at.
You take one thing out of what I said and didnt even read the rest.
Real games stress things in the system that benchmarks are not meant to utilize at the same time. ( I can argue with one person in these forums about my benchmark runs and they tell me I need to use REAL GAMING BENCHMARKS Which they dont even understand that Gaming benchmarks are RECORDINGS OF GAMES and then I tell you about Games stressing more then Benchmarks and you tell me I am wrong that benchmarks are more stressfull!!! SHESH!!! )
Read this article..
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Stop showing pages of stats from reviews. I dont care about those. They are ONLY RELATIVE TO THE BENCHMARK RAN!!! They do NOT at all show A CARD OR SYSTEM AT FULL LOAD!!
Go back and read what I said again and stop just trying to be right.
Show any benchmark you want the fact is that What Said is FACT. I suppose these benchmarks stress Cuda Cores like a program made to utilize every last bit? I supose a benchmark for graphics stresses a CPU like LinX?
You are WRONG. and I am done here. I wont even check back because if you didnt gain something from me telling you about relativity in these benchmarks then I dont know how I can show you.
I feel bad for people in forums who read reviews and cannot seem to see anything but what they read. Its like a builder trying like mad to discribe to a home owner what the finished product will look like and if that home owner has no ability to see the finished product or envision things they just cannot understand.
And I know you are not really reading what I wrote, Especially when you mistake Watts at Socket for WALL AT SOCKET!! Come on man even if he had meant power from the socket he would have wrote SOCKET AT WALL. Not WALL AT SOCKET!!
Below is a good article for you to read regarding Benchmark testing.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Please read it because you cannot seem to get that when someone says FULL LOAD in a review they DO NOT mean the fullest load possible on that system. I will say it one more time,
They are only speaking in regards to the reviewed hardware at the reviewed settings of the benchmarks used. PERIOD. They do not mean FULL SYSTEM LOAD IN ITS TOTALITY.

Very sorry that you cannot read an entire post before responding
Again read this post about the difference between GAMING BENCHMARKS AND BENCHMARKS.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=7224
It will do you some good since you seem to think because you found some posts where systems drew a certain amount of wattage that that somehow means TOTALITY
Gaming benchmarks stress in some ways and benchmarks stress in some ways. But NONE Of them draw a system to FULLEST POSSIBLE LOAD. Yet there are programs that can and do Max out a system.
You can post all the benchmarks and wattage comparisons you want. It still does not show TOTAL SYSTEM LOAD.
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=7224
Read the article...
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=7224
( I figured If I posted It enough times you would read it and maybe you would agree with it since you dont feel attacked by the author)
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=7224
But for the benifit of those who I know will not read the link here is a line from the conclusion..
There is no conflict or trade-off between using game benchmarks and benchmark applications like 3DMark. Both are needed to get a comprehensive hardware performance measurement. A game benchmark measures the performance of that game, but the result is highly affected by the various code paths implemented for different hardware. This kind of measurement reflects above all the efficiency of the software, or game in this case, and not the hardware itself.

Lets tried this again cause you are going by inaccurate web base PSU carculator. Kill-a-Watt don't lie = Actual system reading

guru3d review

eVGA X58 Classified 4-way SLI motherboard (has high power consumption)
Core i7 960 Extreme (overclocked to 4 GHz)
2x GeForce GTX 590 primary (4 GPUs)
1x GeForce GTX 580(PhysX)

6 GB Memory DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
Optical Drive x1
SDD x1

Now two years ago we'd reach 750 Watts power consumption as maximum. But with power supplies getting more and more efficient these days even that proves to be a very hard task to accomplish. With a 1350 Watt PSU that task is increasingly difficult.



Above out graphics card setup. Now on the software side of things it is time to give the PC a beating, and that's a hard thing to do. Gaming wise we average out at roughly 600~650 Watt. It is with a combination of game stress and physx stress tests that we can raise our previous limit of 750 Watt. Let's have a look at the test results.



For this test run we simply monitor a professional watt-meter (thus we measure at the wall socket). And yeah, we reach roughly 960 Watt of power consumption (on the wall socket side) -- dang !

How do you explain this, 2 GTX 590 + 1 GTX 580 ON A OVERCLOCK RIG 960 WATT.

Asided from that my friend is running quad sli GTX 590 735mhz (4GPU) OVERCLOCK (watercool). x58 980x @ 4.8 , 4 hd raid, 2ssd raid, 2 drives, 12gb ram, watercooling (pump), and 18 fans.

OCZ OCZ ZX Series 1000W 80 gold plus without a problem for 5 months now. Your system do not turn on with 3-sli GTX580, check your 12v rail if you are maxing the rail amp.



http://www.guru3d.com/article/enermax-maxrevo-1350w-psu-review/7


http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Powercolor/HD_6850_SCS3_Passive/25.html
Maximum: Furmark Stability Test at 1280x1024, 0xAA. This results in a very high non-game power consumption that can typically be reached only with stress testing applications. Card left running stress test until power draw converged to a stable value. On cards with power limiting systems we will disable the power limiting system or configure it to the highest available setting - if possible. We will also use the highest single reading from a Furmark run which is obtained by measuring faster than when the power limit can kick in.



http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?263204-Corsair-Hx1000-to-power-3-way-SLI-GTX-580-s

3 sli gtx 580 running with corsair hx1000
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 77
The Ultra X3 and X4 use Teapo caps A Lot of people refer to them as cheapo teapo caps. After my 1050 watt X4 started to degrade i replaced the caps with United Chemi-Con caps. The thing now is a beast of a PSU. With as many filter chokes this PSU has i will never have a problem with it .
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 920@4.0GHz Asus P6X58D-Premium ATI Radeon HD5870 12GB Crutial 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3 Seagate barracuda 1T LG BR Burner Koolance Windows 8 Pro x64 with Media Center  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
RCA 27inch Logitech G15 Ultra X4 1050 watt Corsair Obsidian 800d 
Mouse
Logitech G15 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core I7 920@4.0GHz Asus P6X58D-Premium ATI Radeon HD5870 12GB Crutial 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
3 Seagate barracuda 1T LG BR Burner Koolance Windows 8 Pro x64 with Media Center  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
RCA 27inch Logitech G15 Ultra X4 1050 watt Corsair Obsidian 800d 
Mouse
Logitech G15 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?263204-Corsair-Hx1000-to-power-3-way-SLI-GTX-580-s
3 sli gtx 580 running with corsair hx1000

Good job on quoting some no name user. thumb.gif
 
Just another BF3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3850 Llano Asus F1A75-V PRO APU 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB V3 MAX IOPS, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 Lite-On iHBS112-29, Pioneer BDR-206DBKS Stock Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 54.6" XBR HX929 Logitech MK550 Seasonic X650 GOLD Lian Li PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MK550 Ikea Leather mouse pad Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K (4.6GHz) ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R6970 Lightning 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 2x Samsung SH-S223F NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2570 CM Storm Trigger Seasonic X750 GOLD Lian Li PC-P80NB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 (the new MX518) NuPad Leather Mouse Pad Asus Xonar Essence ST (UNi drivers 1.41) 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Just another BF3
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A8-3850 Llano Asus F1A75-V PRO APU 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
120GB V3 MAX IOPS, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 Lite-On iHBS112-29, Pioneer BDR-206DBKS Stock Windows 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 54.6" XBR HX929 Logitech MK550 Seasonic X650 GOLD Lian Li PC-B25FWB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MK550 Ikea Leather mouse pad Onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K (4.6GHz) ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe MSI R6970 Lightning 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB, 12TB External Lian Li EX-50 2x Samsung SH-S223F NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2570 CM Storm Trigger Seasonic X750 GOLD Lian Li PC-P80NB 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G400 (the new MX518) NuPad Leather Mouse Pad Asus Xonar Essence ST (UNi drivers 1.41) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikkO View Post

Good job on quoting some no name user. thumb.gif


Review of the gtx 580 3-way SLI


" A power supply unit with three 6-pin and three 8-pin PCIe connectors is another basic requirement. We recommend at least 1000-watt PSU."

http://www.jagatreview.com/2010/11/review-geforce-gtx-580-in-3-way-sli-is-it-really-that-good/
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post

Review of the gtx 580 3-way SLI
" A power supply unit with three 6-pin and three 8-pin PCIe connectors is another basic requirement. We recommend at least 1000-watt PSU."
http://www.jagatreview.com/2010/11/review-geforce-gtx-580-in-3-way-sli-is-it-really-that-good/

I am going to make this really simple for you...


So, You say that a system with 3 580s only draws 788w AT THE WALL SOCKET Do ya???


Then go get an 850w PSU and see how that works out for ya!!!!

You dont seem to understand that the power draw at the wall socket is irrelevant to the size of the power supply needed!!

Also, ASUS recommending a MINIMAL 1000w which I can tell you that ASUS( A KNOWN MOTHERBOARD MAKER WHO KNOWS) recommends 1300w for 3 580s and says its minimal. I think they know more then a reviewer does. WALL socket Wattage is not the same as amount of watts needed to efficiently run a system. They recommend just 1000w for 2 580s However, They say it is MINIMAL as well and tell you that if you want your system to have stable power for years to come they suggest getting a more powerful PSU then the calculator says. That is WHERE I GET 1100w from for 2 580s

I have found that ASUS Calculator is absolutly accurate And I would bet my life that there is no one in this WORLD Running 3 580s a CPU overclocked, 4 sticks of memory, 3 HDDs an optical drive, and 3 case fans on an enthusiast motherboard on under 1050w. And those people will soon need a new PSU
once they find that their PSU has lowered enough to not power their system properly anymore.


you know there is one thing you miss. MINIMAL 1000w. Thats TOO close for comfort for me!! It will power the system on sure, But it will NOT handle Load in about ONE YEAR. And you will be forced to get a larger PSU.

As I said, If you think it only draws 788w at FULL LOAD go get an 850w PSU and see how it works out for you!

I bet money you would not even waste your time. IN fact, Why did you even purchase a 1350w PSU for your 2 580s if you think 1000w would do it?
OH thats right, 1000w wouldnt power your overclock correctly anymore. I suppose it was just a JUNK 1000w?
Because 1000w IS BOARDERLINE to even run a system with 2 580s in it.
From real world experience I think you must realize that those tests you keep showing dont really add up.
I think at this point you dont want to be wrong. And that is all it is.


QUOTE "
For this test run we simply monitor a professional watt-meter (thus we measure at the wall socket). And yeah, we reach roughly 960 Watt of power consumption (on the wall socket side) -- dang !

How do you explain this, 2 GTX 590 + 1 GTX 580 ON A OVERCLOCK RIG 960 WATT."


I EXPLAIN that quite simply. The 590 draws only ever so slightly more current then ONE 580 because it MUST meet the power requirements as one high end GPUs.
Its basically the same.


Asided from that my friend is running quad sli GTX 590 735mhz (4GPU) OVERCLOCK (watercool). x58 980x @ 4.8 , 4 hd raid, 2ssd raid, 2 drives, 12gb ram, watercooling (pump), and 18 fans.

OCZ OCZ ZX Series 1000W 80 gold plus without a problem for 5 months now. Your system do not turn on with 3-sli GTX580, check your 12v rail if you are maxing the rail amp.


You just said 5 months now right? Didnt I say it will last about a year? I didnt say it didnt turn on. I said sure it will turn on, And even run for awhile. But after 6 months or a year it will fail to handle extreme loads. And your buddy has about 1 month to 8 months left before he will find that out! OR it will run a few months longer at a diminished capacity IF the PSU is a good one. But I suspect the OCZ will shut down sooner then later unless its a single rail. Then it may just rob other components and take more voltage just like your PSU did.

Do you know the difference between PEAK POWER consumption and FULL LOAD on a system?

Do you understand that what you are showing is AC power measured from the Wall and it is not the same as DC power measured from the board?

I dont think you do.. I tell you what, I am going to let you continue to think what you want. It is obvious that you dont even want to believe your own real world experience.

you keep saying "ON THE WALL SIDE" as if that proves your point and all it does is proves you dont know what they are talking about. There is a difference between power measured at the wall and the amount of power after its converted into DC current.

DANG!
.
But I'm out Bro! Keep on keepin on!
Edited by abeeftec - 12/11/11 at 8:43am
post #46 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeeftec View Post

I am going to make this really simple for you...
So, You say that a system with 3 580s only draws 788w AT THE WALL SOCKET Do ya???
Then go get an 850w PSU and see how that works out for ya!!!!
You dont seem to understand that the power draw at the wall socket is irrelevant to the size of the power supply needed!!
Also, ASUS recommending a MINIMAL 1000w which I can tell you that ASUS( A KNOWN MOTHERBOARD MAKER WHO KNOWS) recommends 1300w for 3 580s and says its minimal. I think they know more then a reviewer does. WALL socket Wattage is not the same as amount of watts needed to efficiently run a system. They recommend just 1000w for 2 580s However, They say it is MINIMAL as well and tell you that if you want your system to have stable power for years to come they suggest getting a more powerful PSU then the calculator says. That is WHERE I GET 1100w from for 2 580s
I have found that ASUS Calculator is absolutly accurate And I would bet my life that there is no one in this WORLD Running 3 580s a CPU overclocked, 4 sticks of memory, 3 HDDs an optical drive, and 3 case fans on an enthusiast motherboard on under 1050w. And those people will soon need a new PSU
once they find that their PSU has lowered enough to not power their system properly anymore.
you know there is one thing you miss. MINIMAL 1000w. Thats TOO close for comfort for me!! It will power the system on sure, But it will NOT handle Load in about ONE YEAR. And you will be forced to get a larger PSU.
As I said, If you think it only draws 788w at FULL LOAD go get an 850w PSU and see how it works out for you!
I bet money you would not even waste your time. IN fact, Why did you even purchase a 1350w PSU for your 2 580s if you think 1000w would do it?
OH thats right, 1000w wouldnt power your overclock correctly anymore. I suppose it was just a JUNK 1000w?
Because 1000w IS BOARDERLINE to even run a system with 2 580s in it.
From real world experience I think you must realize that those tests you keep showing dont really add up.
I think at this point you dont want to be wrong. And that is all it is.

Come on, you still don't get it.

99% of overclock.net are wrong and you are the only one when they can personally run OR HAVE BEEN RUNNING THEIR GTX 580 sli WITH AX850. AX850 is rated at 850W right.

something you still don't understand is that most PSU ARE UNDERATED for this same reason not to reach the PSU LIMIT. 800w PSU does not mean that is the limit of the PSU. MY corsair TX700 was able to push 900W without a problem. My new enermax 1350W is able to push 1640W before it shuts down, so it can easily run a system pushing 1400-1500w with my PSU. HX1000 rated at 1000w was truly a 1500w psu combining dual rail.

From what we know here and you don't seem to understand is that you still refusing facts. kill-a-watt system power comsuption (which is the most accurate way to mesaure system load) and a stress test like furmark and prime95 (which would create a load that you WILL NEVER SEE PLAYING ANY GAME). Users here have a thread which i have posted before on regular OVERCLOCK system running SLI and power comsuption playing games or stress testing.

GTX 580 SLI load 630w (entire system) from wall
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1061/pg23/gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-sli-review-power-temps-noise.html

GTX 580 3 way sli max load System Wattage with GPU and CPU in FULL Stress = 933W from wall
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-580-3-way-sli-review/14

GTX 580 3 way sli max load = 1016 (total system) from wall
GTX 580 SLI max load = 801
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/28/nvidia_geforce_3way_sli_radeon_trifire_review/3

Can a AX850 runs SLI gtx 580?

overclock.net responds
"The AX850 is top notch and will easily suffice for your system, so don't worry about it. There's no reason the AX1200 would last longer."

"According to Guru3d, a Core i7 965 / X58 based and overclocked to 3.75 GHz with GTX580 SLI draws 719 watts from the wall.
850 is sufficient, especially since it will be a Corsair."

"The 850 is a wonderful unit. It powers my two powerhungry 480's with ease "

and i could quote hundreds of users who have running SLI 580, SLI 480 with AX850 and overclock system for a long time.


Next you stated the Ultra X3 1000w is not a single rail according to johnnyguru?

"Here we see how the four 12V rails merge into a single rail. It all ties together on the modular interface."

The four rail to single has been use in many manufacture.

Please quote where jonny states is a 800w PSU. "Inside the red sleeve we find the actual box containing the X3. It's big, it's bad and it's black with the stylized X3 logo and the wattage for the unit. There's no mistaking the 1000 watts of whoop-ass enclosed within this box."

johnny guru ultra x3 1000w max load testing went up to 971W and it did it without any problem in voltage regultator.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post

Come on, you still don't get it.
99% of overclock.net are wrong and you are the only one when they can personally run OR HAVE BEEN RUNNING THEIR GTX 580 sli WITH AX850. AX850 is rated at 850W right.
something you still don't understand is that most PSU ARE UNDERATED for this same reason not to reach the PSU LIMIT. 800w PSU does not mean that is the limit of the PSU. MY corsair TX700 was able to push 900W without a problem. My new enermax 1350W is able to push 1640W before it shuts down, so it can easily run a system pushing 1400-1500w with my PSU. HX1000 rated at 1000w was truly a 1500w psu combining dual rail.
From what we know here and you don't seem to understand is that you still refusing facts. kill-a-watt system power comsuption (which is the most accurate way to mesaure system load) and a stress test like furmark and prime95 (which would create a load that you WILL NEVER SEE PLAYING ANY GAME). Users here have a thread which i have posted before on regular OVERCLOCK system running SLI and power comsuption playing games or stress testing.
GTX 580 SLI load 630w (entire system) from wall
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/reviews/1061/pg23/gigabyte-nvidia-geforce-gtx-580-sli-review-power-temps-noise.html
GTX 580 3 way sli max load System Wattage with GPU and CPU in FULL Stress = 933W from wall
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-580-3-way-sli-review/14
GTX 580 3 way sli max load = 1016 (total system) from wall
GTX 580 SLI max load = 801
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/28/nvidia_geforce_3way_sli_radeon_trifire_review/3
Can a AX850 runs SLI gtx 580?
overclock.net responds
"The AX850 is top notch and will easily suffice for your system, so don't worry about it. There's no reason the AX1200 would last longer."
"According to Guru3d, a Core i7 965 / X58 based and overclocked to 3.75 GHz with GTX580 SLI draws 719 watts from the wall.
850 is sufficient, especially since it will be a Corsair."
"The 850 is a wonderful unit. It powers my two powerhungry 480's with ease "
and i could quote hundreds of users who have running SLI 580, SLI 480 with AX850 and overclock system for a long time.
Next you stated the Ultra X3 1000w is not a single rail according to johnnyguru?
"Here we see how the four 12V rails merge into a single rail. It all ties together on the modular interface."
The four rail to single has been use in many manufacture.
Please quote where jonny states is a 800w PSU. "Inside the red sleeve we find the actual box containing the X3. It's big, it's bad and it's black with the stylized X3 logo and the wattage for the unit. There's no mistaking the 1000 watts of whoop-ass enclosed within this box."
johnny guru ultra x3 1000w max load testing went up to 971W and it did it without any problem in voltage regultator.

I STILL DONT GET IT??? HAHA YOU ARE FUNNY DUDE!! Wow you really are trying to insult me while you are dead wrong as hell here. You dont even read what I write!! You just see my post and post more nonsense about the same thing. Let me see you break down what I am saying and show me why I am wrong? Why just ignore what i say and post more nonsense that I already Explained to you WHY It is irrelevant what you are posting!!

And I did not say they were wrong. I say you are misunderstanding them.

WHAT YOU STILL DONT SEEM TO GET IS THAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE SYSTEM IS DRAWING IN AC POWER!! IT IS CONVERTED TO DC IN THE PSU AND THEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE SYSTEM!! THOSE TESTS ARE IRRELEVANT!!


And there is NO ONE running 3 580s with an 850w PSU. And if they are then they are not wise. It may even start it and run a few games. But it is WAY inefficient.

Even in your text above it shows one system at 1016 AT THE WALL for 3 580s and another at 933w with the same set up. So please tell me how their 850 is running their system with a load!! What do they do read email and web surf? And also please tell me why BOTH are different if What You THINK They mean by FULL LOAD is THE FULLEST LOAD THE SYSTEM WILL EVER RUN AT
It is WHAT I SAID, When they say AT FULL LOAD they are ONLY speaking in reference to the Benchmark they ran at the Settings they ran it at!! They do NOT mean ABSOLUTELY THE HIGHEST LOAD THAT THE SYSTEM WILL EVER RUN AT AS LONG AS THEY OWN IT

IF you think your HX1000 was REALLY 1500w then you are really insane. IT has 2 rails rated at 40 amp each. 12x 80amp is 960w. and thus it is called a 1000w PSU.
You are NOW getting stupid with your comments. MATHMATICS DO NOT LIE!! EVER!!

And you are wrong again to say that PSUs are not generally UNDERATED. Most of them are OVER Rated. Just check the sticker on them which states on most PSUs that are 1000w that they are actually 950w PSUs or even 900w PSUs. That is why ANTEC came out with the TRUE POWER. Their 1000w True power is actually an 1100w PSU by OTHER Manufacturers labeling standards.

And sure some 850w PSU manufacturers DO Underate them! LIke ANTEC!! SO that is ACTUALLY a 950w PSU By most standards. Corsair Does the samething. NOT ALL PSUs are UNDER RATED!! MOST ARE OVERRATED!!

They do not UNDERRATE PSUs so they dont reach their limit!!!! THEY TELL YOU THE LIMITS SO YOU PURCHASE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOUR NEEDS!!! STOP BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO TALK TO!!

I think you are not even reading what I type. I think you just REPOST agian over and over the same stupid reviews by people who DONT KNOW!!

I mean Heck, why even post Jonny Guru speaking about the Ultra X3 max load testing up to 971w. That just means the PSU is a 971w PSU MAX. NOT PEAK! Its not relevant to this. Thats a waste of posting real estate!

Think whatever you want. I just hope you realize that I never said All of OCN IS WRONG. I said YOU are! And if who you are quoting thinks that because they ran a benchmark and loaded up the PSU and measured it AT THE WALL that that means they will get away with stepping up 50w and buying a PSU because they only pull 788w from the wall that that means they can run that system on an 850w PSU UNDER OR OVER RATED then let them make that mistake.

All you are doing is showing a TON of different results that show TOTALLY DIFFERENT FULL LOADS!! So I dont get why you dont see how you are being ignorant here! OBVIOUSLY FULL LOAD ONLY MEANS FULL LOAD FOR THAT BENCHMARK!!!! Stop being dense Headed!

Have a nice day
Edited by abeeftec - 12/11/11 at 9:55am
post #48 of 77
Guys, chill. This thread is getting massively derailed with extremely emotional posts. OP just posted helpful advice for users with older PSUs; if you want to argue over internal PSU load vs. wall socket draw, start your own thread.

In regards to the OP, this got me checking out my roommate's Antec 750w. Turns out there's some pretty heavy ripple on the 12V line. Thanks for the tip!
Leviathan
(13 items)
 
Workstation
(10 items)
 
Alexandria
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @ 4.3 HT on Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Radeon 5970 + GT 240 PHYSX Corsair 12gb (horrible) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB SSD boot + Raid 10 WDC Blues Pirated Win 7 (duh) Alienware AW2310 Corsair AX1200 
Case
Antec 902 Modded 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1265L V2 Asus P8C WS Kingston 32GB 1600MHz ECC Crucial M4 256GB 
CoolingOSPowerAudio
Corsair H50 ESXi 6.0RC Corsair HX1000 Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 
Other
Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon L5630 Supermicro X8DTH-6F Radeon 7750 64GB 1066MHz Registered DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
4 x 4TB Hitachi SAS Ultrastar Crucial M4 256GB Dual NH-U9DX i4 vSphere 6.0RC 
PowerCaseOther
Corsair AX1200 Norco RPC-4220 Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
  hide details  
Reply
Leviathan
(13 items)
 
Workstation
(10 items)
 
Alexandria
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @ 4.3 HT on Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Radeon 5970 + GT 240 PHYSX Corsair 12gb (horrible) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
64GB SSD boot + Raid 10 WDC Blues Pirated Win 7 (duh) Alienware AW2310 Corsair AX1200 
Case
Antec 902 Modded 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Xeon E3-1265L V2 Asus P8C WS Kingston 32GB 1600MHz ECC Crucial M4 256GB 
CoolingOSPowerAudio
Corsair H50 ESXi 6.0RC Corsair HX1000 Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 
Other
Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual Intel Xeon L5630 Supermicro X8DTH-6F Radeon 7750 64GB 1066MHz Registered DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
4 x 4TB Hitachi SAS Ultrastar Crucial M4 256GB Dual NH-U9DX i4 vSphere 6.0RC 
PowerCaseOther
Corsair AX1200 Norco RPC-4220 Mellanox MNPA19-XTR 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 77
Good post OP.

Abeeftec, I don't even....
post #50 of 77
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abeeftec View Post

I STILL DONT GET IT??? HAHA YOU ARE FUNNY DUDE!! Wow you really are trying to insult me while you are dead wrong as hell here. You dont even read what I write!! You just see my post and post more nonsense about the same thing. Let me see you break down what I am saying and show me why I am wrong? Why just ignore what i say and post more nonsense that I already Explained to you WHY It is irrelevant what you are posting!!
And I did not say they were wrong. I say you are misunderstanding them.

WHAT YOU STILL DONT SEEM TO GET IS THAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT WHAT THE SYSTEM IS DRAWING IN AC POWER!! IT IS CONVERTED TO DC IN THE PSU AND THEN DISTRIBUTED TO THE SYSTEM!! THOSE TESTS ARE IRRELEVANT!!

And there is NO ONE running 3 580s with an 850w PSU. And if they are then they are not wise. It may even start it and run a few games. But it is WAY inefficient.

Even in your text above it shows one system at 1016 AT THE WALL for 3 580s and another at 933w with the same set up. So please tell me how their 850 is running their system with a load!! What do they do read email and web surf? And also please tell me why BOTH are different if What You THINK They mean by FULL LOAD is THE FULLEST LOAD THE SYSTEM WILL EVER RUN AT
It is WHAT I SAID, When they say AT FULL LOAD they are ONLY speaking in reference to the Benchmark they ran at the Settings they ran it at!! They do NOT mean ABSOLUTELY THE HIGHEST LOAD THAT THE SYSTEM WILL EVER RUN AT AS LONG AS THEY OWN IT
IF you think your HX1000 was REALLY 1500w then you are really insane. IT has 2 rails rated at 40 amp each. 12x 80amp is 960w. and thus it is called a 1000w PSU.
You are NOW getting stupid with your comments. MATHMATICS DO NOT LIE!! EVER!!
And you are wrong again to say that PSUs are not generally UNDERATED. Most of them are OVER Rated. Just check the sticker on them which states on most PSUs that are 1000w that they are actually 950w PSUs or even 900w PSUs. That is why ANTEC came out with the TRUE POWER. Their 1000w True power is actually an 1100w PSU by OTHER Manufacturers labeling standards.
And sure some 850w PSU manufacturers DO Underate them! LIke ANTEC!! SO that is ACTUALLY a 950w PSU By most standards. Corsair Does the samething. NOT ALL PSUs are UNDER RATED!! MOST ARE OVERRATED!!
They do not UNDERRATE PSUs so they dont reach their limit!!!! THEY TELL YOU THE LIMITS SO YOU PURCHASE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOUR NEEDS!!! STOP BEING IMPOSSIBLE TO TALK TO!!
I think you are not even reading what I type. I think you just REPOST agian over and over the same stupid reviews by people who DONT KNOW!!
I mean Heck, why even post Jonny Guru speaking about the Ultra X3 max load testing up to 971w. That just means the PSU is a 971w PSU MAX. NOT PEAK! Its not relevant to this. Thats a waste of posting real estate!
Think whatever you want. I just hope you realize that I never said All of OCN IS WRONG. I said YOU are! And if who you are quoting thinks that because they ran a benchmark and loaded up the PSU and measured it AT THE WALL that that means they will get away with stepping up 50w and buying a PSU because they only pull 788w from the wall that that means they can run that system on an 850w PSU UNDER OR OVER RATED then let them make that mistake.
All you are doing is showing a TON of different results that show TOTALLY DIFFERENT FULL LOADS!! So I dont get why you dont see how you are being ignorant here! OBVIOUSLY FULL LOAD ONLY MEANS FULL LOAD FOR THAT BENCHMARK!!!! Stop being dense Headed!
Have a nice day

I'm laughing on this thread cause you still don't get it., I NEVER AND QUOTE ME ON THIS NEVER SAID THAT AX850 COULD RUN 3-WAY SLI but people here in overclock.net are running 480 SLI & 580 SLI IN WHICH YOU STATED THAT IT REQUIRED 1000W "Because 1000w IS BOARDERLINE to even run a system with 2 580s in it." you are wrong.
Anyone here know it is find to run SLI gtx 580 with a AX850 PSU on a overclock system. IN EVERY BENCHMARK OF EVERY OF GTX 580 SLI (THEY ALL MUST BE WRONG AND U ARE RIGHT) system load is well below the 800W from wall, ONLY on MAX stress USING FURMARK WITH PRIME95 TO MAX OUT CPU AND GPU where they able to get close to 800w (which you also said that games stress more than benchmarks like furmark lmao). NOW you count the effecient of the psu and you would have to deduct 80-120w from that number. Every powersupply WILL DEGRADE OVERTIME. doesn't matter what load you put on it, that is the reason we purchase PSU with great warranty and/or reputable brands. My psu was well capable of handling my GTX sli 580 voltage mod 1.183V 960mhz. 2600k 5ghz, 2 hd, 1 ssd, soundcard, watercooling, 12 fans, fan controller, 8gb ram, mobo. The reason my PSU 12v is on the low side DOES NOT MEAN that my psu was not able to handle my system. If fact, i was still able to give my cpu more voltage to get it stable. NOW IF YOU SAY MY PSU IS 800W, HOW IT WAS ABLE TO HANDLE ALL OF THIS WITHOUT A PROBLEM. 12v low voltage is different from a PSU unable to TURN ON, OR UNABLE TO OVERCLOCK WHICH I WAS STILL ABLE TO DO. My PSU RAN LIKE A CHAMP FOR 11 MONTH. how was this possible with 800WPSU IF YOU STATE that the boarderline is 1000W for SLI gtx 580. My PSU most be magical cause everything in my rig is OVERCLOCK TO THE MAX. SLI GTX 580 VOLTAGE MOD, 5GHZ 1.5V, MEM 1.55V 1600MHZ @ 1866 MHZ.

Here is another quote from you which you are plain wrong AGAIN
"I EXPLAIN that quite simply. The 590 draws only ever so slightly more current then ONE 580 because it MUST meet the power requirements as one high end GPUs.
Its basically the same"

LMAO, slightly.,......... LMAO

GTX 590 REQUIRED 2X 8PIN FOR A REASON RIGHT

GTX 590 = 340W
GTX 580= 240W

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-590-review/7

GTX 590= 491w (system load)
GTX 580= 339w (system load)

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/graphics/2011/03/24/nvidia-geforce-gtx-590-3gb-review/8

i can go on with this.


This is over from here, i won't even read your comments anymore cause you refuse to accept the truth.

Here are the facts
800W can power a overclock system with SLI gtx 580 without any problems (but no room for upgrade if you want to go 3-sli or quad)
(according to you a system should not be able to even turn on cause is way below your or asus power requirement)
1000W can power a overclock system with SLI gtx 580 (with plenty of room for future proof)
1200w can power a overclock system with 3-way SLI GTX 580 (with room for upgrades)
1350w - 1500w can power a SLI GTX 590 (with room for upgrades)
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › New finding... Please read if your overclocking is not stable.