So I started out vizualizing what I needed and how I was going to go about this. I needed a structure, and parts. The structure started out first, and I had my first iteration. which gave me something like this. It would be mounted in a window with zip-seal all around and have a small part of it sticking out with the majority within the house (or bunk where I live).
After about two weeks of shifting and prodding, I settled with the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid). Which normally works out pretty good for you in life. I cam up with a smaller version that fit in a door window, and it was easier to make. It also would use all the components but less tubing and wood work required. This was around Sept. IIRC.
Well the structure is now in it's final phases. I just need to paint the sucker on the inside (black) as I've coated it with outdoor paint (oil) that will help against rotting. I've also added my touch with tape (first draw, I'll use masking tape when I paint it).
Front (basically outside part)
Where the radiator will be sitting with the holes to pass tubes and fan wires
Inside, where the Pump res and HXP's will be.
I found Fans that will operate in the -40C range and are sealed against water infiltration, which is a bonus as most fans operate in the max -10C.
I'm in talks to get MEG (Mono Ethynol Glycol) from a supplier, but it seems to be hard to find in smaller quantities.
I have found a sure source of DI water that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg up north.
Comments and critisim welcome!
Edited by Rognin - 4/26/12 at 3:46pm