Originally Posted by krazyatom
ugh.. I guess I should just wait for 7000 series
I just got 3x 20inch monitor and they're still unopened and they're screaming at me lol
I guess I can wait few more months and get 7990.
haha..if you can afford the 7990 of course that be best bet, but your question is if 6970 CF worth that $500 price. Then yes it is.
I don't know why wouldn't you get them for $500. Use them now enjoy your 3 monitors, even by the time 7990 comes out (probably in late spring/early summer) I am sure your 6970s will still be worth at least $450. I don't see how only losing $50 from now till say June is a big lost to you. its like less than $10 per mth for 'renting' these 6970s, but you get to play with your brand new monitors.
That how is see it, if you were going spend the retail $380 for brand new 6970, then yes its best to wait as you be losing hundreds of $ for reselling them later on, but you are already paying for such a low price, why not use it for at least 6 mths, so when the time comes again you can decide if the 7000 series worth it or not, and if it is its only losing $50 or so.
Don't forget the resale value for 6970s are high because many people are waiting to 'prey' on people selling them when 7000 series come out, so you won't have problems selling them. Its not like you trying to sell 5000 series when 7000 series coming out, nor are you selling lower end 6000 series either. You will be selling one of the best setups in 2011.