Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Bulldozer STILL selling out of stock
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bulldozer STILL selling out of stock - Page 15  

post #141 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clairvoyant129 View Post

Actually the reality is Thubans are a better choice. Thubans overclock well and use much less power. Not to mention it scales better, has better IPC, and can be had at a cheaper price point.

But its not an design problem its a manufacturing problem. The heat is there because its a new process. You are comparing apples to oranges. PhII 45 nm process was very very very very mature by the time the thubans came out. BD is a different animal.
post #142 of 495
Let me start by saying that I am sticking with AMD until the end. I know, I know. I just like the fact that I can upgrademy cpu many times without having to buy a new mobo.

But I do not consider BD 8 core to be a true 8 core. Like they say a 4 module with 2 cores per module. With that said for a 4 module cpu I think it does pretty well.

NOW for anyone who can help me out. I am considering the FX-8120 or the Fx-8150 or waiting for piledriver. Will I notice an difference from my 1100T going to BD?

My main purpose for one is to encode video while still surfing the net and streaming DirecTv2PC at the same time. I don't game much any more (well until Guild Wars 2 comes out).

I am always looking to convert movies quicker to my Evo 4g or A500 to watch on the road. The 1100T will do them in about 12-18 minutes depending on the size. Just want to do it quicker.
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula MSI GTX 670 Reference Patriot Memory  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  1 Corsair Force 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 Hitachi and 1 Seagate 1 Hitachi LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo & DVD Drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Se7en Ultimate Panasonic LCD & Acer P236H Thermaltake TR2 RX 750watt CoolerMaster Storm Scout Sniper 
  hide details  
My System
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8350 Crosshair V Formula MSI GTX 670 Reference Patriot Memory  
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  Patriot Memory  1 Corsair Force 3 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2 Hitachi and 1 Seagate 1 Hitachi LG Blu Ray/HD DVD Combo & DVD Drive Corsair H100 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows Se7en Ultimate Panasonic LCD & Acer P236H Thermaltake TR2 RX 750watt CoolerMaster Storm Scout Sniper 
  hide details  
post #143 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by unity100 View Post

and in that regard, notice that popular motherboards for bulldozer like the asrock board another poster linked are out of stock too. these do not have anything to do with globalfoundries. these are 3rd party manufacturers.
if so, they should not be out of stock. so now even the motherboards are out of stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Skillz 
I agree that this is a valid point. I would guess that motherboard manufacturers have limited their supply of motherboards to somewhat match the bulldozer cpu supply shortage, since people won't need a motherboard if they can't get a bulldozer cpu. However, I would think they'd still supply enough to meet demand and not sell out, so this does seem to show that Bulldozer is selling better than they expected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unity100 
illogical, since am3+ socket can get phenom, athlon processors too. even if the ones buying those am3+ mobos are plugging phenoms or athlons in them, the fact that they are buying am3+ means that they intend to plug them with bulldozer in future. they could just buy cheaper am3 boards otherwise.

lol... you're arguing against my response? I was AGREEING that your point was valid.

It's not illogical that motherboard manufacturers would reduce supply if the processors that are meant to go in them are having supply shortages.

To anyone responding to this guy, he's obviously an AMD fanboi who will argue against any rational response that differs even slightly in what he *thinks* is correct, which means we're wasting our breath. I say let him go on living in his fantasy world. Maybe Santa will bring him an 8150 for Christmas.
post #144 of 495
Read to page 4. Call me an Intel "fanboi" if you want, because I'm not. I built this rig to future proof my system, granted BD wasn't out at the time when I was building but I still would not have bought it. I'm not a "fanboi" because I know that neither company would put a picture of me on their corporate wall praising me because I bought their product, nor would I do the same for them. The fact is that we will never know until the day comes when apps start fully using 8 cores. By that time probably a 16 core will be out and it will just be a vicious loop. This whole argument is just dumb, but you cannot say that overall RIGHT NOW that BD is better than SB. There are many benchmarks out there that say SB is better AMD 8150 Benchmark. Now you can say that all the benchmarks and everything are Intel based and blah blah blah. Well, they very well could be. I don't know for sure, but is it actually IMPOSSIBLE to make a benchmark that is AMD friendly? This would also solve nothing IF AMD chips did in fact outperform Intel because people would just say the same thing that AMD is saying about Intel.

OT: Without knowing the stock of the items this thread is completely pointless.
Be Rock Steady
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K 4.7ghz @ 1.33 ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Titan X Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC12800 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force CSSD-F115GB Seagate 1tb Western Digital 3TB bare H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium qnix kul es-87 Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 800D Razer Deathadder BE Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber Schiit Audio Lyr 2 
Audio
Audeze LCD-2 
  hide details  
Be Rock Steady
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K 4.7ghz @ 1.33 ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe Titan X Corsair Vengeance 16GB PC12800 DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force CSSD-F115GB Seagate 1tb Western Digital 3TB bare H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium qnix kul es-87 Cooler Master Silent Pro M850 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair Obsidian 800D Razer Deathadder BE Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber Schiit Audio Lyr 2 
Audio
Audeze LCD-2 
  hide details  
post #145 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio8 View Post

Let me start by saying that I am sticking with AMD until the end. I know, I know. I just like the fact that I can upgrademy cpu many times without having to buy a new mobo.
But I do not consider BD 8 core to be a true 8 core. Like they say a 4 module with 2 cores per module. With that said for a 4 module cpu I think it does pretty well.
NOW for anyone who can help me out. I am considering the FX-8120 or the Fx-8150 or waiting for piledriver. Will I notice an difference from my 1100T going to BD?
My main purpose for one is to encode video while still surfing the net and streaming DirecTv2PC at the same time. I don't game much any more (well until Guild Wars 2 comes out).
I am always looking to convert movies quicker to my Evo 4g or A500 to watch on the road. The 1100T will do them in about 12-18 minutes depending on the size. Just want to do it quicker.

I went from a 1090t to an 8120 and am very satisfied.
post #146 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by computerparts View Post

I went from a 1090t to an 8120 and am very satisfied.

Same, Went from my 1090t at 4.2ghz to my 8120 currently at 4.5ghz (does 5ghz when its a bit cooler outside).
Really good upgrade, Both at 4.2ghz the 1090t is faster but thats the 1090t limit. Need to run atleast 4.4ghz on the 8120 for it to be faster in every bench mark iv ran comparing the two. The 8120 does that at 1.34v compared to the 1.5v needed from the 1090t.
post #147 of 495
Ah a super uniformed sales thread with no actual sales information, wonderful.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k (EK Supremacy Evo) *4.7 @ 1.312 Asus Maximus VIII gene GTX 1080 FE (EK nickel/plexi)* 2075/5401 16gb Corsair 3200  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 950pro M.2 256gb Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Steam Samsung 850 Evo - 512 - Other Apps EK Res 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK pump top XSPC EX 360 XSPC EX 240 10 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 TKL  EVGA 650 Fractal Arc Mini 2 G303 
  hide details  
post #148 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post

No one is forcing you to buy Intel's extreme editions. However, you keep on insisting. Why does it matter when 2500k beats 8150 anyway? Why exactly 980x? Right now you're not making any sense. At the time 980x was released, it was top notch. Just because it's an older CPU doesn't mean the price should be reduced. If anything's questionable here, it's you.

So I shouldn't commend AMD for charging $250 for a processor that goes neck and neck with a 1,000 dollar one that is still out on the market for that price and still can be bought by millions of people. Forget the 2500K,2600k debate for a minute and admit that Bulldozer is a better value than the 990x.

I guess according to the fan boys Intel is justified for keeping a previous gen Extreme processor at 1,000 bucks because "thats just how it is". I guess AMD going against industry protocol and offering that performance for $250 means nothing to the Intel fanboys who bash Bulldozer at every corner.
Edited by dlee7283 - 12/10/11 at 8:05pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
post #149 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlee7283 View Post

So I shouldn't commend AMD for charging $250 for a processor that goes neck and neck with a 1,000 dollar one that is still out on the market for that price and still can be bought by millions of people. Forget the 2500K,2600k debate for a minute and admit that Bulldozer is a better value than the 990x.
I guess Intel is justified for keeping a previous gen Extreme processor at 1,000 bucks in the eyes of fanboys because "thats just how it is". I guess AMD going against industry protocol and offering that performance for $250 means nothing to the Intel fanboys who bash Bulldozer at every corner.

I don't know how many times someone has tried to explain things to you, but you seem to not understand a thing. Whatever the price maybe of the Extreme Editions is absolutely irrelevant, Extremes have and always will be expensive as they're designed for a very niche market.

The $250 FX is 3years late on the performance front......you understand now? And you cannot ignore the 2500k/2600k and point at an older generation of CPU that it was not even up against and talk about price points.
Edited by Mhill2029 - 12/10/11 at 8:09pm
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
 
X79 Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6950X @ 4.0Ghz Asus Rampage V Extreme [Bios:3101] 2x EVGA GeForce Titan X SC Editions in SLI 32GB (4×8) Corsair Dominator Platinums (3000Mhz) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 Nvme 2x 256GB Vertex 4 SSD (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda [Storage] Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) Windows 10 Pro x64 2x 27" Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 144hz  Corsair AX1500i Digital ATX 80 Plus Titanium 
CaseAudio
Lian Li PC-O8WX ATX Cube Case Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3930K (C2) @ (4.6Ghz) Asus Rampage IV Extreme X79 (Bios 3204) 3x EVGA GTX780Ti's SC Editions 32GB (4x8GB) G-Skill TridentX 2400Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 256GB OCZ Vertex 4's (RAID-0) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 64MB Cache Pioneer BDR-207DBK Blu-ray Writer Corsair H105 (Push/Pull) 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win7 Pro 64Bit & Win10 Pro 64Bit Asus ROG Swift (2560x1440 @144hz) Corsair AX1200 + Corsair RED sleeved cables Coolermaster Cosmos II Ultra 
  hide details  
post #150 of 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post

I don't know how many times someone has tried to explain things to you, but you seem to not understand a thing. Whatever the price maybe of the Extreme Editions is absolutely irrelevant, Extremes have and always will be expensive as they're designed for a very niche market.
The $250 FX is 3years late on the performance front......you understand now?

well lets just say the 8150 is the 990x for the masses, good enough for most people on this planet smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon X4 950 Asrock A320M-HDV Asus GT 1030 8GB Samsung DDR4 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB Western Digital IntelliPower 1TB Windows 10 X64 Enterprise LTSB Dell 32 Ultra-Wide IPS Monitor 
Case
Rosewill SCM-01 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › Bulldozer STILL selling out of stock