Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Headphones advice, budget 100$
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Headphones advice, budget 100$ - Page 2

post #11 of 26
Sony MDR-V6's sound awesome for metal music, and shouldnt run you too much...
post #12 of 26
If you can get the AD700's shipped from the Americas... by far the best under your $100 budget.
post #13 of 26
I bought my AD700 from the US shipped to Europe, total cost €90 aprox. Got lots on eBay and Amazon.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 2 x 7970 Sapphire 16 GB Corsair 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
256Gb SSD RAID 0 2 * 1.5 TB HDD Win 8.1 Pro x64 ASUS ML248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Ex100 Corsair 1200 Silverstone FT02 Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 2 x 7970 Sapphire 16 GB Corsair 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
256Gb SSD RAID 0 2 * 1.5 TB HDD Win 8.1 Pro x64 ASUS ML248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Ex100 Corsair 1200 Silverstone FT02 Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
I've got the HD555. Super comfortable, been wearing them 6+ hrs a day for the last couple months. Much more comfortable than my ATH-M50's. They're not to heavy in the bass department, but other than that, they are awesome.
Sandy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire 6950 2gb 8gb (2x4gb) G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Samsung F3 Asus Windows 7 Pro 64bit Hannspree 28" + HP 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Seasonic X750 Haf 912 Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
sUrface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire 6950 2gb 8gb (2x4gb) G.Skill Ripjaw 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1tb Samsung F3 Asus Windows 7 Pro 64bit Hannspree 28" + HP 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Seasonic X750 Haf 912 Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
sUrface 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 26
The guy listens to jazz and dubstep and you recommend headphones with no bass.... Don't get the AD700 op. You will hate it. Its a trainwreck for anything that relies on bass/drums ALA electronica, metal, most rock, jazz. Its great for vocal and classical and that's about it. I had the AD900 myself so I speak from experience.
Any chance you could get a Denon, Ultrasone, or Beyerdynamic? Those are much better choices for bassy genres, and no slouch when it comes to gaming, much better than the gamer headsets you see everywhere. thumb.gif
Porta Pros sound amazing for the price range they are in, or so I've heard, some of the gaming headphones might actually sound worse...

If you can find it, get the Creative Aurvana Live its a rebadged Denon that can be found at $70, while its Denon clone, the D-1001(or D-1100 I can't remember exactly) goes for about $100. Open headphones are usually better, but for jazz and electronica sound people actually prefer closed. I haven't found a situation where I prefer closed cans but YMMV.
Edited by RedCloudFuneral - 12/12/11 at 2:45pm
Yellow Green
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600K Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4/D3 Zotac GTX1080 Amp! Mushkin 8GB DDR3L1600mhz 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB Patriot Blast 240GB Akasa Venom Win 10 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Z301C Ducky Year of the Tiger(Cherry Blues) XFX 850W Black Edition Lancool K-63 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Coolermaster Xornet Mionix ULTRA-FI DAC41/Beyerdynamic T70 Akasa Fans x 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Yellow Green
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600K Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4/D3 Zotac GTX1080 Amp! Mushkin 8GB DDR3L1600mhz 1.35V 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB Patriot Blast 240GB Akasa Venom Win 10 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Z301C Ducky Year of the Tiger(Cherry Blues) XFX 850W Black Edition Lancool K-63 
MouseMouse PadAudioOther
Coolermaster Xornet Mionix ULTRA-FI DAC41/Beyerdynamic T70 Akasa Fans x 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 26
Nevermind the bass issue. If it's 70% gamming you want to have the AD700. Compromising the excelent quality in the 70% for some specific style within the remaining 30% is a bad move.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 2 x 7970 Sapphire 16 GB Corsair 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
256Gb SSD RAID 0 2 * 1.5 TB HDD Win 8.1 Pro x64 ASUS ML248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Ex100 Corsair 1200 Silverstone FT02 Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme 2 x 7970 Sapphire 16 GB Corsair 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
256Gb SSD RAID 0 2 * 1.5 TB HDD Win 8.1 Pro x64 ASUS ML248 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wireless Ex100 Corsair 1200 Silverstone FT02 Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 26
[quote name="Manuel" url="/t/1182805/headphones-advice-budget-100/10#post_15928431"]Nevermind the bass issue. If it's 70% gamming you want to have the AD700. Compromising the excelent quality in the 70% for some specific style within the remaining 30% is a bad move. [/quote]

Depends on the user. If he likes bass in his games, the lack of bass will be a bad thing. It all depends on the user.
post #18 of 26
Im sorry but the AD700s are absolutely horrible for anything non gaming.
I would go with either RX900s, Creative Aurvana Live, or used US580/US555/BD770Pro80 + Zalman clip on.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K @ 4.4Ghz ASrock X79 Extreme6 PNY GTX 980Ti @1400Mhz GSKILL 2x8GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD 7200RPM 640GB Corsair H100 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer P235H 23" 1080p Dell 24" 1200p  E-Element RGB Antec HCG-750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Logitech MX518 Steel Series 5L Hifiman he 400  
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar DX M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2 Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 570 4GB OCZ Reaper 1096MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Patriot SSD WD 7200RPM 640GB WD External 2TB USB3 DVD R/W+ 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Xigmatech S1283w/bracket Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Acer P235H 23" 1080p Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec HCG-750w Antec 900 Logitech MX518 Steel Series 5L 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930K @ 4.4Ghz ASrock X79 Extreme6 PNY GTX 980Ti @1400Mhz GSKILL 2x8GB 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128GB WD 7200RPM 640GB Corsair H100 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Acer P235H 23" 1080p Dell 24" 1200p  E-Element RGB Antec HCG-750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Series 550D Logitech MX518 Steel Series 5L Hifiman he 400  
AudioAudio
Asus Xonar DX M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600@3.2 Asus P5Q Pro EVGA GTX 570 4GB OCZ Reaper 1096MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Patriot SSD WD 7200RPM 640GB WD External 2TB USB3 DVD R/W+ 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Xigmatech S1283w/bracket Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Acer P235H 23" 1080p Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec HCG-750w Antec 900 Logitech MX518 Steel Series 5L 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Asus Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thanks for all the replies!
The porta pros have spoiled me a bit on the base, and i kinda like the feeling when my head vibrates.
But if i have to choose between sound quality and base, i will choose quality. I am quite curious about simulated surround too, can my old soundcard handle that?
post #20 of 26
what's your budget is Swedish Kroner / Euros?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Headphones advice, budget 100$