Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › For Sale / Wanted › Main Components › For Trade: 2500k at 4.7GHz for 2500k [SOLD/TRADED]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

For Trade: For Trade: 2500k at 4.7GHz for 2500k [SOLD/TRADED]

post #1 of 34
Thread Starter 
This Classified is Closed

For Trade:
For Trade: 2500k at 4.7GHz for 2500k [SOLD/TRADED]

Will Ship To: US48, US50, CA, NA, Global

Not sure how many people will see this and want to swap, but I figured it was worth a try,

So here's the scoop.

My 2500k clocks to 4.7GHz at 1.45v

Kind of looking for someone who keeps their 2500k at bone stock, and wouldn't mind trading me.

I'm not really happy with the processor I have, but at stock (or even if they wanted to have it at 4.7GHz) it would do the same job.

Hoping to swap 2500k's in hopes that I'll find a better overclocker.

Here goes nothing.
Edited by jam3s - 1/7/12 at 7:31pm
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s View Post

Not sure how many people will see this and want to swap, but I figured it was worth a try,
So here's the scoop.
My 2500k clocks to 4.7GHz at 1.45v
Kind of looking for someone who keeps their 2500k at bone stock, and wouldn't mind trading me.
I'm not really happy with the processor I have, but at stock (or even if they wanted to have it at 4.7GHz) it would do the same job.
Hoping to swap 2500k's in hopes that I'll find a better overclocker.
Here goes nothing.

GLWS bud!

But I was trying to do that SAME thing your doing now, and trust me, you'll want to add some cash to the deal.. Or maybe something small to sweeten the trade.

Not thread crapping or bashing you, just letting you know from personal experience and trying to help ya out. smile.gif

Goodluck! cheers.gif
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1 View Post

GLWS bud!
But I was trying to do that SAME thing your doing now, and trust me, you'll want to add some cash to the deal.. Or maybe something small to sweeten the trade.
Not thread crapping or bashing you, just letting you know from personal experience and trying to help ya out. smile.gif
Goodluck! cheers.gif

Thanks sir. I could add cash for sure wink.gif How much though, is the question
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s View Post

Thanks sir. I could add cash for sure wink.gif How much though, is the question

Honestly, it would depend on what type of voltage it would take for its highest clock achievable IMO.

Depending on how good the chip is how much you would have to estimate on how much cash you would need to add, and if they're willing to give up their chip for yours. tongue.gif
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Dell UltraSharp U2412M IPS Panel
Dell UltraSharp U2412M
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Apple A7 Cyclone x64 Chip @ 1.3Ghz Apple PowerVR G6430 1GB DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
16GB Internal Storage Passive iOS 7.0.3 4.0" 1136x640 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
On-Screen 1560mAH Battery Apple iPhone 5S Space Grey Touch ID Finger Print Scanner 
AudioOtherOther
3.5mm Jack Nano SIM Lightning Connector 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin1 View Post

Honestly, it would depend on what type of voltage it would take for its highest clock achievable IMO.
Depending on how good the chip is how much you would have to estimate on how much cash you would need to add, and if they're willing to give up their chip for yours. tongue.gif

I was actually more willing to take a chance on someone who hasn't overclocked their chip at all.

Not really looking for someone who's already OC'd their chip.
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

bad idea bro. what if some joe trades you his 2500k. saying he hasn't overclocked it but the truth is his chip sucked and can only OC like 4.5ghz or below then you're effed. I suggest trade your i5 2500k to a higher clocking chip while adding cash.

I can add maybe $50 tops.. not sure if I'd have any takers.

I'm sure someone here runs stock and is honest about it.
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 34
I'm in the same boat as you. My chip is not very good at overclocking. I need quite a bit of voltage to keep mine stable at 4.7ghz and it gets to hot with my h50 at that point. I think your better off waiting till ivy bridge comes out and selling your chip on ebay then to upgrade. That's what i plan on doing personally.
Good ole Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k 4.5ghz @ 1.336v Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 EVGA GTX 460 1024MB  8GB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black 500GB OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" Microsoft Sidewinder Antec Earthwatts 750w Nvidia Edition Cooler Master 692 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 EVGA Gaming Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Good ole Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k 4.5ghz @ 1.336v Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 EVGA GTX 460 1024MB  8GB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black 500GB OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" Microsoft Sidewinder Antec Earthwatts 750w Nvidia Edition Cooler Master 692 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 EVGA Gaming Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s View Post

I can add maybe $50 tops.. not sure if I'd have any takers.
I'm sure someone here runs stock and is honest about it.

just a few of days ago here in OCN. a guy who has zero knowledge about overclocking got an i5 2500k @ 5ghz with 1.36v and it was prime stable for 12 hours. life isn't fair. makes you realize some chips that are golden are owned by some people who have no plans on overclocking while guys like us who squeeze out every performance we can get with a chip but get far less overclocking chips frown.gif the silicon gods are not fair tongue.gif
post #9 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple7 View Post

I'm in the same boat as you. My chip is not very good at overclocking. I need quite a bit of voltage to keep mine stable at 4.7ghz and it gets to hot with my h50 at that point. I think your better off waiting till ivy bridge comes out and selling your chip on ebay then to upgrade. That's what i plan on doing personally.

not a bad idea.

I'll just see what OCN has to offer.

If nothing, it's not a big deal, 4.7GHz is respectable
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post

just a few of days ago here in OCN. a guy who has zero knowledge about overclocking got an i5 2500k @ 5ghz with 1.36v and it was prime stable for 12 hours. life isn't fair. makes you realize some chips that are golden are owned by some people who have no plans on overclocking while guys like us who squeeze out every performance we can get with a chip but get far less overclocking chips frown.gif the silicon gods are not fair tongue.gif

Yeah haha exactly tongue.gif
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
Dell Optiplex 745
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 (incoming) Dell proprietary Intel Q965 Express Chipset XFX HD 5770 (incoming) 4GB Patriot DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar 160GB 7200RPM DVDRW Stock Windows XP 32 (for the time being) 
MonitorPower
Dell 22" 1680x1050 Corsair CX430 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam3s View Post

not a bad idea.
I'll just see what OCN has to offer.
If nothing, it's not a big deal, 4.7GHz is respectable
Yeah haha exactly tongue.gif

Yes that is very respectable indeed and yeah who knows you may find someone. I just know that the new chips will be out in Q2 next year and that'll be here before we know it. I bet they'll hit 5.0ghz with less volts and a good air cooler no problem.
Good ole Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k 4.5ghz @ 1.336v Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 EVGA GTX 460 1024MB  8GB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black 500GB OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" Microsoft Sidewinder Antec Earthwatts 750w Nvidia Edition Cooler Master 692 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 EVGA Gaming Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Good ole Sandy
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k 4.5ghz @ 1.336v Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 EVGA GTX 460 1024MB  8GB Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital Black 500GB OCZ Solid 3 120GB SSD Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer 22" Microsoft Sidewinder Antec Earthwatts 750w Nvidia Edition Cooler Master 692 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 EVGA Gaming Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Main Components
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclock Marketplace › For Sale / Wanted › Main Components › For Trade: 2500k at 4.7GHz for 2500k [SOLD/TRADED]