Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Ready to watercool!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ready to watercool! - Page 5

post #41 of 98
Job well done, very clean install.Do you not have a place to bleed out the air on your res? I would think that there would be.Yeah that is a big bubble in the RBX return line..If there is not a bleeder in your res, try tilting your whole box gently from side to side and from front to back, to try and get all the air to go into the res....Maybe gently moving any tubing loose enough to wiggle a little would also help...Just be careful not to tip it in a way that it would make your pump lose it's prime, that would ruin your day with a quickness... To bad about your NB block it would of looked nice...Did I tell you the first temp on Speed fan was case? It's not it is the mobo temp...I'm half asleeep and 3/4 drunk...Hate to see that galvanic corrosion question popping up again, it's best to know though....Let us know what kind of temp's you are getting once you get rid of your air bubbles, please give your ambient temp also, that is the only way to tell how well it is working is to see how far above ambient you are going...TTYL
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 98
Thread Starter 
I will definitely make a mental note of your experience with anodized aluminum. I'm not sure what’s going to happen 3 months down the road but all I can do is do check-ups and prey, ha ha. If it gets bad I'll have to remove it and go from there right after I call frozencpu and ask them why they don't warn or comment about a issue like this..

thank you for the comment!!
post #43 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX
I will definitely make a mental note of your experience with anodized aluminum. I'm not sure what’s going to happen 3 months down the road but all I can do is do check-ups and prey, ha ha. If it gets bad I'll have to remove it and go from there right after I call frozencpu and ask them why they don't warn or comment about a issue like this..

thank you for the comment!!
Those places don't care most of the time, just out for a quick buck...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k
Those places don't care most of the time, just out for a quick buck...

yeah i figure that, but at the same time that guy I called would have to have some nerve to tell me on the phone everything will work. but eh, what are you gona do. right now its working so I can't complain.

So far the fan speed results are (temp2) 33C idle and 39C load with on prime95 for the last 3 hours. the CPU is running at 1.47v OC from 2.1ghz to 2.5ghz stable. my abient temp I have to figure tomorrow and run another test. But tonight this little room has to be like 87F with all these machines runing. I'll put it this way, its uncomfortable in here, lol!


I'll give the tilting the pc a go tomorrow. Although I notice the small micro bubbles are dieing down over time and I know thats adding to the problem. And the air pockets are getting smaller. But it will prolly give it some help if I try and work them up to the resevior. But yes your right, there isn't a bleed line. I figured in how I would bleed and fill the loop through the resevior from the back pannel so thats why i never added a T line Ex.

hmm i need to change my system specs for cooling now ha ha
post #45 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX
yeah i figure that, but at the same time that guy I called would have to have some nerve to tell me on the phone everything will work. but eh, what are you gona do. right now its working so I can't complain.

So far the fan speed results are 33C idle and 39C load with on prime95 for the last 3 hours. the CPU is running at 1.47v OC from 2.1ghz to 2.5ghz stable. my abient temp I have to figure tomorrow and run another test. But tonight this little room has to be like 87F with all these machines runing. I'll put it this way, its uncomfortable in here, lol!
Yeah you just have to go with the flow and not let things get to you...Those look like some great temp's especially if it's that hot in your comp room!!! Once you TIM burns in ,did you use AS5? And you get rid of all your air bubble's you will be good to go....What's a little sweat when you have all that great WC bling going on there brother!!!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k
Yeah you just have to go with the flow and not let things get to you...Those look like some great temp's especially if it's that hot in your comp room!!! Once you TIM burns in ,did you use AS5? And you get rid of all your air bubble's you will be good to go....What's a little sweat when you have all that great WC bling going on there brother!!!
yes sir I try to AS5 everything

Thanks, so far I love it! I would hope so after spending 400bones on it ha ha..

Next project will be a new motherboard so i can get the chipset block in there
Oh and another psu
post #47 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitrevX
yes sir I try to AS5 everything

Thanks, so far I love it! I would hope so after spending 400bones on it ha ha..

Next project will be a new motherboard so i can get the chipset block in there
Oh and another psu
One good thing about your WC set up you can move it from box to box, really not a bad deal..I know you have to be excited playing with it tonight, great feeling to plan and accomplish your goals with your own two hands....I love hardware hate software, you may have to help me on down the road!!!Well I've got to get some rack time, keep us updated on those temps... Got to say it again GOOD JOB.... EDIT: I thought you might be interested in this stray fact since your are trying Speed Fan...I was trying to help a guy that was having a voltage bounce on his v-core...One of the admins suggested using OCCT instead of Prime95 for quick and dirty stress testing, it is nice by the way...Anyway when you exacute you have the choice of MBM , Speed Fan and I think Asus probe to monitor your voltages...I went with Speed Fan to monitor the voltages..All my voltages were stable but due to extreme boredom I cheked my voltages at a molex with a digital multi-meter while comparing on screen voltages on the OCCT..Couldn't check 3 V I don't have a 3V tail on my psu.. Results:..OCCT 5-V 4.84 Meter 4.98... OCCT 12-V 12.52 Meter 12.12... OCCT V-core 1.52....Bios 1.5 Pretty close except for the 12V rail....Just goes to show that you shouldn't but to much trust in software monitoring for your temp's either..you might want to use a few thermisters in your loop and case...If I get bored enough again I will try MBM as the base monitor and see how close it is to true voltages..Software is all buggy, shame we have to use it to run or comp's...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 98
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ira-k
One good thing about your WC set up you can move it from box to box, really not a bad deal..I know you have to be excited playing with it tonight, great feeling to plan and accomplish your goals with your own two hands....I love hardware hate software, you may have to help me on down the road!!!Well I've got to get some rack time, keep us updated on those temps... Got to say it again GOOD JOB.... EDIT: I thought you might be interested in this stray fact since your are trying Speed Fan...I was trying to help a guy that was having a voltage bounce on his v-core...One of the admins suggested using OCCT instead of Prime95 for quick and dirty stress testing, it is nice by the way...Anyway when you exacute you have the choice of MBM , Speed Fan and I think Asus probe to monitor your voltages...I went with Speed Fan to monitor the voltages..All my voltages were stable but due to extreme boredom I cheked my voltages at a molex with a digital multi-meter while comparing on screen voltages on the OCCT..Couldn't check 3 V I don't have a 3V tail on my psu.. Results:..OCCT 5-V 4.84 Meter 4.98... OCCT 12-V 12.52 Meter 12.12... OCCT V-core 1.52....Bios 1.5 Pretty close except for the 12V rail....Just goes to show that you shouldn't but to much trust in software monitoring for your temp's either..you might want to use a few thermisters in your loop and case...If I get bored enough again I will try MBM as the base monitor and see how close it is to true voltages..Software is all buggy, shame we have to use it to run or comp's...

Yeah thats what I don't like about some of this software. I read some articles in the past that really dogged MBM5 and others like it because they used the existing manufacture probes that were not designed to read accurate temps. The probes were built into the hardware as a safety measure to shut the device down if the temp went super high. So we are talking 32C to like 70C, so I imagine its tempting for a manufacture to not use very precise probes and cut costs but will still do the job.
So knowing that I've wanted some real probes for some times now but haven’t done it do to my some what immature excitement for building up this one pc.
I also have this other limited temp monitoring software utility that came with my motherboard drivers. I compared it with the readings of speed fan and they were pretty close. The only difference I notice is how quickly they read when the cpu temp is changing from idle to load. I do tend to trust the software that comes with the motherboard since thats what reading the cpu temp. But this utility I have looks soo amateur and gaudy its hard to take it seriously when you first look at it, lol
post #49 of 98
So don't keep me in suspense!!! How are your temp's!!! Did you get out most of your bubbles yet? I haven't been idle today removed my IHS am going to get some advise on mounting of the WB here shortly...You immature, I am 46 years old and I will tell you this is as much fun as the first small block Chevy I got when I was 15!!! I put togather this old Newcastle rig I am on a coulple of years ago never messed with it much..The rig showing here are the parts I have gatherd for this new build, all I really need for it is an OS, been kind of waiting on Vista, gives me time to work on this other stuff anyway...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 4545Mhz*9 w/1.29V DFI DK P45 XFX 8800 GS D9GKX & D9GMH 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
2x Seagate 160 Perp. RD-1 2x Asus Vista Premium Corsair HX 620 
Case
Open Bench 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 98
Thread Starter 
Ok ok, I got the numbers. Right now at this moment the temp in the room is 87F thats exactly 30.55C.. The CPU is runing at 1.42v@2.5ghz.

Idle on fanspeed

Temp1:-->35C
Temp2:-->36C
Temp3:-->15C
HD0:----->35C
Temp1:-->22C
Core:---->33C

Core Center utility
CPU:-->35C = 96.8F

Load on Fanspeed

Temp1:-->36C
Temp2:-->39C
Temp3:-->27C
HD0:---->35C
Temp1:-->22C
Core:---->41C

Core Center utility
CPU:-->39C = 102.2F

I think the numbers would be more impressive if it wasn't so hot in here. But on the bright side the temps stay pretty constant for the cpu. I mean only a 3C diffrence really from idle to load. The thing thats weard is when you ground yourself and touch the copper part of the block or even the edge of the cpu thats exposed its cool to the touch?


I got rid of the air pockets and as soon as i turn the PC on they come back..
I'm not sure if its because the fluid is moving so fast around that bend and theres not much of it because its flow it cut in half by the RBX. I mean it has gotten better in the last day but its still there. hmm
But yeah i do find tinkering with the pc is fun and a little cheaper than working on my car. I like to autoX my car every now and then so I can understand to some degree what your talkin about. I still like cars though and will the rest of my life.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Ready to watercool!