Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › psu fail!! need help
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

psu fail!! need help

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
i have a corsair cx500 v2 that run phenom II X4 b55 stock and a ASUS radeon hd 6870 directcu
yesterday the pc shutdown itself with no sign of anything and then never power on the only thing does it
to start to inmediatly 3 seg later shutdown i dont know what happen help frown.gif please that psu should be enough for that rig


and if the psu fail i think i will change to this
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1344&ID=1945
is a good one rigth??
Edited by dr.evil - 12/23/11 at 10:11am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
yea sounds like the Psu but if the thing doesnt turn on it can also mean the Mobo Vrms fried
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by daman246 View Post

yea sounds like the Psu but if the thing doesnt turn on it can also mean the Mobo Vrms fried

nop the mobo is running fine with other old thermaltake psu that i have

and

yea sounds like the Psu... ??? dint get what you say! sorry
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 16
Thread Starter 
help frown.gif my psu is dead?? i need a doctor my psu is dying
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 16
Calm down. If you have tried another PSU and your PC boots up then yes, your CX500V2 appears to be dead.

Now is it under warranty? RMA it if it is.

Now if you need recommendation for a replacement you can try

* Rosewill Capstone 550 W
* Rosewill Green 530 W
* Antec NEO ECO 520 W
* Silverstone ST50F 500 W
* Seasonic M12II 520 W
* Seasonic S12II 520 W

I take it you are on limited budget? If not you can go for more expensive unit like Seasonic X560 560 W.
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet-205 View Post

Calm down. If you have tried another PSU and your PC boots up then yes, your CX500V2 appears to be dead.
Now is it under warranty? RMA it if it is.
Now if you need recommendation for a replacement you can try
* Rosewill Capstone 550 W
* Rosewill Green 530 W
* Antec NEO ECO 520 W
* Silverstone ST50F 500 W
* Seasonic M12II 520 W
* Seasonic S12II 520 W
I take it you are on limited budget? If not you can go for more expensive unit like Seasonic X560 560 W.

now i hate corsair, all peopel say that is a good psu and all but **** why me :/

in my country the only psu i think can pull my needs and the only ones i can find in my country! are these!

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1344&ID=1945


http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4199


http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4202

i am stuck on those!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.evil View Post

now i hate corsair, all peopel say that is a good psu and all but **** why me :/
in my country the only psu i think can pull my needs and the only ones i can find in my country! are these!
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1344&ID=1945
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4199
http://www.coolermaster.com/product.php?product_id=4202
i am stuck on those!

That's all you can get? To be honest neither those 3 units are considered quality PSU. If you must pick between those 3 units you should take Cooler Master Silent Pro M600. Really no more options?

FYI Corsair never make their own PSU. They contracted other OEM like Great Wall, Seasonic, etc to produce PSU with Corsair name on it. It is likely that you are just unfortunate enough to got a bad unit. Doesn't mean all Corsair PSUs are garbage. You sure it is out of warranty?
Edited by trumpet-205 - 12/23/11 at 10:25am
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumpet-205 View Post

That's all you can get? To be honest neither those 3 units are considered quality PSU. If you must pick between those 3 units you should take Cooler Master Silent Pro M600. Really no more options?
FYI Corsair never make their own PSU. They contracted other OEM like Great Wall, Seasonic, etc to produce PSU with Corsair name on it. It is likely that you are just unfortunate enough to got a bad unit. Doesn't mean all Corsair PSUs are garbage. You sure it is out of warranty?

yhea those 3 units and yhea no warranty
i buy the psu from someone that resell so the warranty is with that person and that stupid person just give 90 days of warranty and fail in 167 days so i am **** up
:/ now you see how the world is! smile.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
phenom II X4 955 foxconn A7DA-S 3.0 XFX radeon hd 6850 Shappire radeon HD 6850 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
patriot viper ddr3  WESTERN GREEN 500gb  Hitachi 140gb Ocz vertex 3 60gb OS DRIVE 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
hyper 212+ windows 10 pro 64bit samsung 23 inch samsung 23 inch 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
thermaltake toughpower xt 575w haf 912+ razer imperator 2012 logitech x-240 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.evil View Post

yhea those 3 units and yhea no warranty
i buy the psu from someone that resell so the warranty is with that person and that stupid person just give 90 days of warranty and fail in 167 days so i am **** up
:/ now you see how the world is! smile.gif

Kay. In that case go ahead and pick up that Cooler Master Silent Pro M600.
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
Misaka
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Sapphire HD 7850 2 GB Samsung DDR3 16 GB (30 nm) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128 GB WD Caviar Blue 1 TB Lite-on DVD Burner Thermalright Venomous X 
OSOSMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Professional x64 (Host) Crunchbang Linux x64 (Guest) HP 2311x HP PS/2 Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Rosewill Capstone 450 W Rosewill Challenger Logitech M570 ASUS Xonar D1 
Other
Hauppauge HVR-1250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.evil View Post

i have a corsair cx500 v2 that run phenom II X4 b55 stock and a ASUS radeon hd 6870 directcu
yesterday the pc shutdown itself with no sign of anything and then never power on the only thing does it
to start to inmediatly 3 seg later shutdown i dont know what happen help frown.gif please that psu should be enough for that rig

and if the psu fail i think i will change to this
http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?S=1344&ID=1945
is a good one rigth??

That's what you get for buying a **** PSU smile.gif

I remember a discussion we had in which I explained to you in detail what's what and suggested you get a Rosewill Green or a PCP Silencer(iirc) still you went with this bottom of the barrel Corsair unit.. the XT 575 is an excellent unit, it uses a high end platform from CWT called DSG(a slightly different version of this same platform is used by Corsair HX750 and HX850), it will deal with two 6870s if it comes to that wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › psu fail!! need help