Is it a one-time purchase only with no fees/no DLC/no cash shop items and nothing but additional big ass expansions? Is there a start and a finish with an ending and credits? Can I beat it and become a powerful and fairly wealthy max. level player within less than 100 hours?
If the answer is yes to every single one of those questions, then I might check it out. Otherwise, MMOs will still be as fun as Madden games to me.
- buy to play, like a normal video game, no subscription.
- you start out at level 1 doing some epic stuff and fighting bosses.
- the combat is much better than what you expect in a mmo.
- the game is made by one of the two developers who can make a mmo with responsive controls.
- the closest thing to "beating" the game i guess would be completing the your personal story and defeating Zhaitan, i dunno a time, but they're not "padding" the game.
- the Guild Wars store only sells cosmetic items like costumes. no relevant or necessary game content.
you really need ot go to the link in my signature and check it out. after reading the first post you can skip to post #249, thread got merged with a more barren thread a while back, so all the videos star from post 249. there's a lot of info in there.
EDIT: some clarifications.
the climactic encounter will be ready at launch.
since they are also looking to put the RPG back into MMORPG, you can say you've beaten the game after beating Zhaitan...but i don' expect credits will roll.
Edited by FLCLimax - 12/28/11 at 4:43pm