Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club - Page 115

post #1141 of 2790
PS: Am I going to run in to problems as my MSI K9A2 Platinum doesn't have a disable turbo core option or does AMD Overdrive have the option?
post #1142 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleek View Post

PS: Am I going to run in to problems as my MSI K9A2 Platinum doesn't have a disable turbo core option or does AMD Overdrive have the option?
You could do, doesn't it have a multiplier either?
If it doesn't have the turbo option then I doubt it'll be enabled anyhow..
post #1143 of 2790
User Name: BjaminNYC
CPU: 960t / 1600t
24/7 OC: 3,900 MHZ x6 @ 1.375v
Max OC: 4,219 MHZ x6 @ 1.49v
Unlockable: x6

Fist post, just joined because of how impressed I am with this chip. It won't stop letting me push it further.

I picked up the CPU, ram, motherboard, power supply, and case at my local Micro Center all on sale for $185 with tax about 3 weeks ago. I've since installed a TX3 cooler, which was <$20. I figured overclocking would be limited by virtually every budget component I've purchased, wow was I wrong this chip rocks. I've crossed the 7.3 mark in Cinebench 11.5 and know I've still got some headroom to push further.

I'm holding off on trying for x6 @ 4.4+ GHZ until my OCZ Agility 3 Series 120G, and two additional 120mm fans show up next week. Temps at 4.2GHZ are approaching 60 @100%. No reason to burn this gem up, I can wait for the extra air flow. Push/pull with the TX3 will probably be on the agenda in a few weeks.

I must have gotten really lucky with this CPU because there is now way with this config I should be rockin' such a fast machine.

Phenom 960t/1605t ($90)- Gigabyte 78LMT-SP2 ($10) - Value Ram DDR3 1333 8GB ($30)

Congrats to everyone who got their hands on the 960t, absolutely the best value in the PC market without question.
post #1144 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestr View Post

You could do, doesn't it have a multiplier either?
If it doesn't have the turbo option then I doubt it'll be enabled anyhow..

Yep it has all overclocking options, literally everything aside from the modern option of 'turbo'.

Remember this motherboard is 4 years old, it's done me proud! 3 processor upgrades, 2 graphic upgrades, not had to touch anything else or the case. biggrin.gif
post #1145 of 2790
Well, I can't find my silver thermal paste so I can't install the CPU today... unless I risk using the existing on the heatsink! rolleyes.gif

Bugger.
post #1146 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by BjaminNYC View Post

User Name: BjaminNYC
CPU: 960t / 1600t
24/7 OC: 3,900 MHZ x6 @ 1.375v
Max OC: 4,219 MHZ x6 @ 1.49v
Unlockable: x6
Fist post, just joined because of how impressed I am with this chip. It won't stop letting me push it further.
I picked up the CPU, ram, motherboard, power supply, and case at my local Micro Center all on sale for $185 with tax about 3 weeks ago. I've since installed a TX3 cooler, which was <$20. I figured overclocking would be limited by virtually every budget component I've purchased, wow was I wrong this chip rocks. I've crossed the 7.3 mark in Cinebench 11.5 and know I've still got some headroom to push further.
I'm holding off on trying for x6 @ 4.4+ GHZ until my OCZ Agility 3 Series 120G, and two additional 120mm fans show up next week. Temps at 4.2GHZ are approaching 60 @100%. No reason to burn this gem up, I can wait for the extra air flow. Push/pull with the TX3 will probably be on the agenda in a few weeks.
I must have gotten really lucky with this CPU because there is now way with this config I should be rockin' such a fast machine.
Phenom 960t/1605t ($90)- Gigabyte 78LMT-SP2 ($10) - Value Ram DDR3 1333 8GB ($30)
Congrats to everyone who got their hands on the 960t, absolutely the best value in the PC market without question.

too bad we can't really recommend them anymore. they are pretty much gone and you are lucky to snag one. easy on your motherboard.

Welcome to OCN!
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1147 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

too bad we can't really recommend them anymore. they are pretty much gone and you are lucky to snag one. easy on your motherboard.
Welcome to OCN!

what 960t's?
 
3770k
(13 items)
 
 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
AMD FX 8120 Phenom II x4 960t  AMD Phenom II X4 955 Gigabit ud7 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series xfx Radeon hd 6870 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Ocz samsung 470 Same as Hd so some cheep peace of junk XpsRasa kit 
CoolingCoolingCase
EK Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 kingpin F1 Fractal Design Define XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k gigabyte z77 udp7 gigabyte gtx 680 soc gigabite gtx 680 soc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G skill aries ocz vertex 4 ocz vertex 4 Ek suprmecy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
xspc 240 xspc 360 gigabyte gtx 680 soc full cover block gigabyte gtx 680 soc full cover block 
Cooling
xspc gigabyte z77 udp7 full cover block 
  hide details  
Reply
 
3770k
(13 items)
 
 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
AMD FX 8120 Phenom II x4 960t  AMD Phenom II X4 955 Gigabit ud7 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series AMD Radeon HD 6700 Series xfx Radeon hd 6870 Corsair  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Ocz samsung 470 Same as Hd so some cheep peace of junk XpsRasa kit 
CoolingCoolingCase
EK Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7 kingpin F1 Fractal Design Define XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k gigabyte z77 udp7 gigabyte gtx 680 soc gigabite gtx 680 soc 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G skill aries ocz vertex 4 ocz vertex 4 Ek suprmecy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
xspc 240 xspc 360 gigabyte gtx 680 soc full cover block gigabyte gtx 680 soc full cover block 
Cooling
xspc gigabyte z77 udp7 full cover block 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1148 of 2790
This is stupid.. $90 for 960T? US prices are so unfair, I've paid £90 for mine frown.gif ... and I didn't even get that lucky..
post #1149 of 2790
Thanks & I agree. Hopefully the MB with be retired to HTPC duties in short order. Micro Center's sales are fairly ridiculousness if you time them correctly. That MB was $10 with a $10 rebate, which I've already received. The SSD I've purchased is SATA III, so I'm going to need to upgrade if I want to take advantage of the speed.

You're right, there aren't very many retailers with it in stock. Very fortunate that Tom's review put this processor on my radar last year.

I may be worth considering grabbing a second one. On sale for $89.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0382790
post #1150 of 2790
Well I won't be playing with my 960T, bios update just turned my motherboard in to a brick! ****!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club