Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club - Page 120

post #1191 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thAche View Post

Picking up a 960T tonight at Microcenter, going to throw it on the M4A79XTD Evo (currently unlocked B55@4.0, in sig below) and unlock/overclock.
Anything I need to know about these to save me some time?
I'm assuming to OC the same way I did the B55. What's the typical VCore range for these? Stock is 1.375, right? Max is 1.5-ish?
Stock is 1.25v or 1.35v (can't remember), max is 1.55v. Although I wouldn't push it higher than 1.46v (my chip doesn't like it).
post #1192 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

how are your temps, next? i see your mobo is limiting your oc.

idle around 32C, prime 95 at around 42C and gaming at around 38C using a coolermaster tx-3

i know the mobo is crappy, but i'm happy. i was on a tight budget. $100 out the door for mobo + cpu (when the cpu was selling for $124 on newegg and mobo for $60) is a freaking steal.
post #1193 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by nextuszerodmd View Post

idle around 32C, prime 95 at around 42C and gaming at around 38C using a coolermaster tx-3
i know the mobo is crappy, but i'm happy. i was on a tight budget. $100 out the door for mobo + cpu (when the cpu was selling for $124 on newegg and mobo for $60) is a freaking steal.

Man, if only my CPU could handle your voltages at 4GHz, but nope, the 4th core gets unstable when I down the voltages like that.

Come to think of it.... I COULD unlock the cores, and lock #4, and another one, and leave a good one that's usually locked, unlocked.
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
Computer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 7 1700 MSI B350 Tomahawk Zotac Ref. 980Ti w/ Arctic Accelero III G.Skill AEGIS 16GB DDR4 3000MHz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M500 480GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Western Digital Blue 1TB Phanteks TC14PE-RD 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Enterprise ASUS VG248QE Corsair STRAFE (non-RGB, blue switches) EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 600C Nixeus REVEL Corsair Wide Mat Kingston HyperX Cloud Headset 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1194 of 2790
Since i just got this chip and i am new to Overclocking, i still havent gotten very high in the OC.

User Name: ghostsniper084
CPU: Amd phenom II x 4 960t
24/7 OC: 3.7 Ghz @ 1.425 V
Max OC: 3.7 Ghz @ 1.425
Unlockable: x6 stable at stock (havent OC yet on x6)

I'm still learning how to mess with bios, and my OC has only been done by Upping the multiplier. havent messed with FSB yet. I have upped the NB Freq to 2600 and checking to see if its stable. I do want mine to reach 4.0, but i get worried when i go above stock voltage (which is 1.425V).
Is it better to have a high multiplier and low FSB or a Higher FSB and lower multiplier??
post #1195 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestr View Post

Stock is 1.25v or 1.35v (can't remember), max is 1.55v. Although I wouldn't push it higher than 1.46v (my chip doesn't like it).

is there any reason why my chip doesnt run well when i undervolt to 1.2 or 1.3V ??? i have mine on stock, but stock is 1.425. Ive tried lowering it, but it always BSOD when i get to the 5-8 hour range in Prime95. And thats cuz i only have it at around 3.7.
When i go to 3.9 on stock it seems to BSOD also in the same time frame (~5-8 hours)
post #1196 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSniper08 View Post

is there any reason why my chip doesnt run well when i undervolt to 1.2 or 1.3V ??? i have mine on stock, but stock is 1.425. Ive tried lowering it, but it always BSOD when i get to the 5-8 hour range in Prime95. And thats cuz i only have it at around 3.7.
When i go to 3.9 on stock it seems to BSOD also in the same time frame (~5-8 hours)

use this guide . . .

http://www.overclock.net/t/777378/official-gappos-little-deneb-thuban-overclocking-guide-with-too-many-smileys

when you raise your nb (cpu/nb), did you raise the voltage as well?

what were your temps?

what test did you conduct (blend, etc)?

and where was it failing (small fft, large fft)?

i'm going on an errand, so will be back to check.
Edited by rdr09 - 4/17/12 at 1:29pm
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1197 of 2790
Hi guys. Im new to the forum and to overclocking. This is my first build actually, and its not 100% complete due to my limited resources.

User Name: mat459
CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 960T
24/7 OC: x6 @ 3.5 Ghz @ 1.39 V
Max OC: x6 @ 3.5 Ghz @ 1.39 V
Unlockable: x6 stable in Prime95 for 8 hrs @ 3.5 Ghz

My temps are 32º idle and 47º on Prime95. I just installed the Hyper 212 Evo, so I've only just started playing with OCing. I got this OC just by using the ASUS auto tuning then changing the DRAM timings and NB voltage manually. This is my rig:

NZXT Tempest 410
ASUS M5A97
Phenom II x4 960T
XFX PRO550W PSU
1 GB EVGA GTX 460 @ 825/1950
CM Hyper 212 Evo
2 x 4 GB G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 1866
500 GB WD Blue

Any tips or tricks would be helpful.
 
Hackintosh
(15 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X ASUS Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1TB Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Blue WD10EZEX 3TB Seagate 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2TB Seagate Barracuda ASUS Burner NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller Corsair H100i V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Samsung 40" 1080p Nixeus Moda v2 Brown Switches Rosewill HIVE 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Razer Mamba TE Corsair MM200 Extended Edition Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 Gigabyte Z170M-D3H EVGA GTX 660 SC Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 840 EVO Lightscribe! Corsair H55 
CoolingOSOSKeyboard
NZXT Sentry Mix 2 OS X El Capitain Windows 10 Pro 64bit Apple Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CX550M NZXT Tempest 410 Apple Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Hackintosh
(15 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X ASUS Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1TB Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Blue WD10EZEX 3TB Seagate 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2TB Seagate Barracuda ASUS Burner NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller Corsair H100i V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Samsung 40" 1080p Nixeus Moda v2 Brown Switches Rosewill HIVE 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Razer Mamba TE Corsair MM200 Extended Edition Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 Gigabyte Z170M-D3H EVGA GTX 660 SC Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 840 EVO Lightscribe! Corsair H55 
CoolingOSOSKeyboard
NZXT Sentry Mix 2 OS X El Capitain Windows 10 Pro 64bit Apple Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CX550M NZXT Tempest 410 Apple Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1198 of 2790
Newegg has more 960Ts in stock if anyone is interested. thumb.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103995
post #1199 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

use this guide . . .
official-gappos-little-deneb-thuban-overclocking-guide-with-too-many-smileys
when you raise your nb (cpu/nb), did you raise the voltage as well?
what were your temps?
what test did you conduct (blend, etc)?
and where was it failing (small fft, large fft)?
i'm going on an errand, so will be back to check.

I did raise cpu/nb voltage (1.3-1.35 if im not mistaken),
temps:
CPU: ~40-44 (load)
Core: ~28-29 (load)

when i tried 3.9GHz w/ CPUVoltage: 1.425 .... w/o upping the NB ... i used small ffts on prime95, didnt last very long about 30 mins.
on 3.7 i ran small fft (before i had raised NB) and blend test (after i raised NB freq), both of those are stable, or very close to.
1st run @ 3.7: had temps stated above, ran for 26 hours
2nd run @3.7 w/ NB: 2600 HTlink: 2600 :: i ran blend test for 16 hours no problem .... similiar temps as stated above
I read i should keep HTtlink at between 2000-2400 ...i put it inbetween and im running another stress test right now.
(after lowering HTlink i did notice an improvement in speed of programs loading at startup.)
post #1200 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostSniper08 View Post

I did raise cpu/nb voltage (1.3-1.35 if im not mistaken),
temps:
CPU: ~40-44 (load)
Core: ~28-29 (load)
when i tried 3.9GHz w/ CPUVoltage: 1.425 .... w/o upping the NB ... i used small ffts on prime95, didnt last very long about 30 mins.
on 3.7 i ran small fft (before i had raised NB) and blend test (after i raised NB freq), both of those are stable, or very close to.
1st run @ 3.7: had temps stated above, ran for 26 hours
2nd run @3.7 w/ NB: 2600 HTlink: 2600 :: i ran blend test for 16 hours no problem .... similiar temps as stated above
I read i should keep HTtlink at between 2000-2400 ...i put it inbetween and im running another stress test right now.
(after lowering HTlink i did notice an improvement in speed of programs loading at startup.)

i am not familiar with gigabyte mobos but my cpu/nb @ 2600 MHz needed 1.37v. i suggest turning off the following:

C1E, Cool and Quiet, Turbo, Hyperthreading.

for 4GHz and below you can re-enable C&Q after stability test, then do a retest. and yes, keep HT at 2000MHz.

btw, is your bios up-to-date?

EDIT: i fixed the link for the guide to oc'ing our chip. and here is info on prime95

http://www.playtool.com/pages/prime95/prime95.html

i just use blend and only for 4GHz as a hex.
Edited by rdr09 - 4/17/12 at 2:00pm
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club