Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club - Page 176

post #1751 of 2790
hey guys me agian lol but i am wondering scince i got a bunk cheap that wont do x6 i was wondering what are the unlock rates of these chips seam high on here or you guys are just really lucky
post #1752 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_king88 View Post

hey guys me agian lol but i am wondering scince i got a bunk cheap that wont do x6 i was wondering what are the unlock rates of these chips seam high on here or you guys are just really lucky

Last time I checked there was a near 75% chance of any successful unlock. However if you take my word for it, anything less than 100% or more than 0% is a 50/50. I wouldn't care if there was a 99.9% chance or 0.1%, it comes down to whether or not you're feeling lucky. thinking.gif
post #1753 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Debating on pushing 1.6v and see where that takes me devil.gif

do it. just for suicide runs.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1754 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline_king88 View Post

hey guys me agian lol but i am wondering scince i got a bunk cheap that wont do x6 i was wondering what are the unlock rates of these chips seam high on here or you guys are just really lucky

Just going by this thread it seems to be high. I have a feeling some of the unsuccessful unlocks are due to other probs.

I moved my unlocked B55 to another board, and it *seemingly* wouldn't unlock and run stable. Just to trouble shoot a little I bumped the G-Skill DDR3 1600 down to 1333, and it ran X4 fine. Swapped on some 30nm Samsung RAM and it had no problem running unlocked at 1866.

I think that alot of people with just enough experience don't do the extra troubleshooting it takes to be successful at unlocking (and alot of other overclocking "failures"). Sometimes the problem isn't the obvious.
More Cores
(20 items)
 
 
SFF: HADRON
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K @ 4.8Ghz offset ASrock X79 Extreme6/GB EVGA GTX680 FTW with EK waterblock EVGA GTX650 for PhysX 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G-Skill 4x4GB DDR3 1866 8-9-9-24@1.5V Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Agility 3 240GB x2 RAID 0 WD 500GB X2 RAID 0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm XSPC Dual Bay reservoir with Alphacool variable... Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Triple 120mm... EK GTX680 FTW waterblock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate HP tSS-25X11LED 25" 1080p PC Power&Cooling Silentpower 910W Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Rocketfish Creative Sound Core3D Logitech Z5300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
960T unlocked to X6 ASUS M4A79XTD Evo Sapphire HD6870 1GB 2x2GB Ripjaws 7-8-7-24 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB WD 320GB HDD Lite-On DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 Ultimate OCZ Stealthstream 600W HAF XB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K P8Z77-I MSI 560 Ti TF2 Samsung 20nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M500 Kuhler 620 Windows 7 x64 52" Samsung LED TV 
CaseAudio
EVGA Hadron Air Denon receiver/ Polk audio 
  hide details  
Reply
More Cores
(20 items)
 
 
SFF: HADRON
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K @ 4.8Ghz offset ASrock X79 Extreme6/GB EVGA GTX680 FTW with EK waterblock EVGA GTX650 for PhysX 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G-Skill 4x4GB DDR3 1866 8-9-9-24@1.5V Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Agility 3 240GB x2 RAID 0 WD 500GB X2 RAID 0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm XSPC Dual Bay reservoir with Alphacool variable... Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Triple 120mm... EK GTX680 FTW waterblock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate HP tSS-25X11LED 25" 1080p PC Power&Cooling Silentpower 910W Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Rocketfish Creative Sound Core3D Logitech Z5300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
960T unlocked to X6 ASUS M4A79XTD Evo Sapphire HD6870 1GB 2x2GB Ripjaws 7-8-7-24 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB WD 320GB HDD Lite-On DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 Ultimate OCZ Stealthstream 600W HAF XB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K P8Z77-I MSI 560 Ti TF2 Samsung 20nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M500 Kuhler 620 Windows 7 x64 52" Samsung LED TV 
CaseAudio
EVGA Hadron Air Denon receiver/ Polk audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1755 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

do it. just for suicide runs.

Tried it briefly at 4427mhz @ 1.6v, and it failed within seconds of IBT. Ambient temps are killing the OC potential, but the socket temp hovered around 52c. The VRMs were pretty toasty at that voltage tho.

I need to get a waterblock on the VRMs and get to work. tongue.gif
Edited by *ka24e* - 7/26/12 at 3:23pm
post #1756 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Tried it briefly at 4427mhz @ 1.6v, and it failed within seconds of IBT. Ambient temps are killing the OC potential, but the socket temp hovered around 52c. The VRMs were pretty toasty at that voltage tho.
I need to get a waterblock on the VRMs and get to work. tongue.gif

Do you have a fan on them at least? That may be all you need.
More Cores
(20 items)
 
 
SFF: HADRON
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K @ 4.8Ghz offset ASrock X79 Extreme6/GB EVGA GTX680 FTW with EK waterblock EVGA GTX650 for PhysX 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G-Skill 4x4GB DDR3 1866 8-9-9-24@1.5V Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Agility 3 240GB x2 RAID 0 WD 500GB X2 RAID 0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm XSPC Dual Bay reservoir with Alphacool variable... Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Triple 120mm... EK GTX680 FTW waterblock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate HP tSS-25X11LED 25" 1080p PC Power&Cooling Silentpower 910W Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Rocketfish Creative Sound Core3D Logitech Z5300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
960T unlocked to X6 ASUS M4A79XTD Evo Sapphire HD6870 1GB 2x2GB Ripjaws 7-8-7-24 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB WD 320GB HDD Lite-On DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 Ultimate OCZ Stealthstream 600W HAF XB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K P8Z77-I MSI 560 Ti TF2 Samsung 20nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M500 Kuhler 620 Windows 7 x64 52" Samsung LED TV 
CaseAudio
EVGA Hadron Air Denon receiver/ Polk audio 
  hide details  
Reply
More Cores
(20 items)
 
 
SFF: HADRON
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K @ 4.8Ghz offset ASrock X79 Extreme6/GB EVGA GTX680 FTW with EK waterblock EVGA GTX650 for PhysX 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G-Skill 4x4GB DDR3 1866 8-9-9-24@1.5V Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Agility 3 240GB x2 RAID 0 WD 500GB X2 RAID 0 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Raystorm XSPC Dual Bay reservoir with Alphacool variable... Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper Triple 120mm... EK GTX680 FTW waterblock 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate HP tSS-25X11LED 25" 1080p PC Power&Cooling Silentpower 910W Xigmatek Elysium 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Deathadder 3500 Rocketfish Creative Sound Core3D Logitech Z5300 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
960T unlocked to X6 ASUS M4A79XTD Evo Sapphire HD6870 1GB 2x2GB Ripjaws 7-8-7-24 F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128GB WD 320GB HDD Lite-On DVD-RW Corsair H100 
OSPowerCase
Win 7 x64 Ultimate OCZ Stealthstream 600W HAF XB 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570K P8Z77-I MSI 560 Ti TF2 Samsung 20nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M500 Kuhler 620 Windows 7 x64 52" Samsung LED TV 
CaseAudio
EVGA Hadron Air Denon receiver/ Polk audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1757 of 2790
Oh yeah, lol. The board is laying flat on a make shift test bench with a 120mm fan (at full speed) directly over the ram and CPU block. The VRMs have an 80mm fan (at full speed) blowing on to the heatsink as well.

I also just pulled the SB/NB/VRM heatsinks off and re-pasted/padded as well. Temps dropped about 2*c after the fresh TIM but nothing drastic. As a x6 core the VRM's get into the 70*c in IBT! Hence the need for a waterblock. wink.gif
post #1758 of 2790
ka24e, it seems gigabytes are like that. the nb, especially gets toasty.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1759 of 2790
Yeah, it does get toasty. Would (or anyone else) know if they made a block specific to the GA-890FXA-UD7 board? Like a one piece SB/NB and VRM block to replace the stock passive cooled one?
post #1760 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Yeah, it does get toasty. Would (or anyone else) know if they made a block specific to the GA-890FXA-UD7 board? Like a one piece SB/NB and VRM block to replace the stock passive cooled one?

here you go

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekgaamdkitac.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club