Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club - Page 30

post #291 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorind View Post

Quote:
Please fill out the Rig Builer.
Reading your post I can tell you are eager to oc but make sure you have good cooling. Thubans can get hot. Watch those temps closely.
Right, right. Filled it out. After reading both suggested guides and a few others; I'm still a little lost. I'm not really looking to OC, per say I think(what do I know, I'm a lost soul!). Ideally, I want to leave it at the stock settings more or less and just do something to drop the stock running Temp (dropping the vcore since it can go lower on stock, as you said...unless that is considered an OC of sorts). That being said, do I still need to find my systems limits and go through most of the process of altering memory timings, turning off unnecessary things in the bios...etc. Or is it really just as simple as going in, backing down that voltage via the bios or some other tool and then testing it to see if it crashes or not?

Nah. Just enjoy your system for now.

Unless you want to know if you won the lotto.

-Go to BIOS and look for ACC.
-Once you find it - Enable it.
-Exit (Save Changes and Exit)

Go to Control Panel>Systems

Under System>Processor - if it says Unknown Processor, then you did.

If not, you still WIN because it overclocks well.
_____________________
You should download HW Monitor at CNET site and use it to monitor your system temps. Unlocked the core temps will not be read.
Edited by rdr09 - 1/26/12 at 3:57pm
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #292 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorind View Post

Quote:
Please fill out the Rig Builer.
Reading your post I can tell you are eager to oc but make sure you have good cooling. Thubans can get hot. Watch those temps closely.
Right, right. Filled it out. After reading both suggested guides and a few others; I'm still a little lost. I'm not really looking to OC, per say I think(what do I know, I'm a lost soul!). Ideally, I want to leave it at the stock settings more or less and just do something to drop the stock running Temp (dropping the vcore since it can go lower on stock, as you said...unless that is considered an OC of sorts). That being said, do I still need to find my systems limits and go through most of the process of altering memory timings, turning off unnecessary things in the bios...etc. Or is it really just as simple as going in, backing down that voltage via the bios or some other tool and then testing it to see if it crashes or not?

Just turn down the voltage...I was able to go to 1.04v at 3.0 stable...that's ridiculously low! got to 3.55 @ 1.2v...

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2212116

going from 3.6 to 3.7 made me have to ratchet up the voltage tremendously, from about 1.275 to 1.335
post #293 of 2790
Oh I'm such an idiot...The motherboard I ordered does not have a core unlocker feature. So he won't be getting an X6 out of this chip. sad-smiley-002.gif

Okay so to my further stupidity I found the Unlocker they so graciously nicknamed "Asrock UCC" and to further the trouble it doesn't work...actually messing with pretty much anything in the bios locks up the motherboard upon rebooting... confused.gif
Edited by Fateful_Ikkou - 1/26/12 at 11:38pm
post #294 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateful_Ikkou View Post

Oh I'm such an idiot...The motherboard I ordered does not have a core unlocker feature. So he won't be getting an X6 out of this chip. sad-smiley-002.gif
Okay so to my further stupidity I found the Unlocker they so graciously nicknamed "Asrock UCC" and to further the trouble it doesn't work...actually messing with pretty much anything in the bios locks up the motherboard upon rebooting... confused.gif

do not be too hard on yourself. one facepalm is enough. just call the place where you bought it from and ask if you can exchange it. egg does that and might not cost any re-stocking fee.

try the new cpu on your rig. Go!
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #295 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

do not be too hard on yourself. one facepalm is enough. just call the place where you bought it from and ask if you can exchange it. egg does that and might not cost any re-stocking fee.

try the new cpu on your rig. Go!

Way ahead of you, tested the chip in my motherboard and to my dismay the chip refuses to unlock either cores. No x5/x6 for this chip unfortunately. The problem with the chip was causing the motherboard to lock up I've got windows installed amd currently sitting at 3.5Ghz @ 1.35v.
post #296 of 2790
Just ordered me a 960t since they are on sale again for $110.

375

Hoping I can get close a 1ghz+ overclock on it.

I was able to hit a 1ghz overclock on my Phenom II X3 720 with all 4 cores unlocked.
Bertha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Asus GTX 970 Strix Kingston HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 4 128gb Seagate SSHD 2TB Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760S Corsair Strafe OCZ Zt 750w Corsair Air 540 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
Bertha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Asus GTX 970 Strix Kingston HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 4 128gb Seagate SSHD 2TB Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760S Corsair Strafe OCZ Zt 750w Corsair Air 540 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #297 of 2790
i won the Lotto! applaud.gif
Too bad it's just the silicon lotto rolleyes.gif
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #298 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phorind View Post

Quote:
Please fill out the Rig Builer.
Reading your post I can tell you are eager to oc but make sure you have good cooling. Thubans can get hot. Watch those temps closely.
Right, right. Filled it out. After reading both suggested guides and a few others; I'm still a little lost. I'm not really looking to OC, per say I think(what do I know, I'm a lost soul!). Ideally, I want to leave it at the stock settings more or less and just do something to drop the stock running Temp (dropping the vcore since it can go lower on stock, as you said...unless that is considered an OC of sorts). That being said, do I still need to find my systems limits and go through most of the process of altering memory timings, turning off unnecessary things in the bios...etc. Or is it really just as simple as going in, backing down that voltage via the bios or some other tool and then testing it to see if it crashes or not?

you should still OC the cpu/nb and do the ram timings
it won't add any heat..and will boost performance biggrin.gif
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #299 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiggLe View Post

Just ordered me a 960t since they are on sale again for $110.
375
Hoping I can get close a 1ghz+ overclock on it.
I was able to hit a 1ghz overclock on my Phenom II X3 720 with all 4 cores unlocked.

You should not have any problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fateful_Ikkou View Post

Way ahead of you, tested the chip in my motherboard and to my dismay the chip refuses to unlock either cores. No x5/x6 for this chip unfortunately. The problem with the chip was causing the motherboard to lock up I've got windows installed amd currently sitting at 3.5Ghz @ 1.35v.

You know where that goes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post

i won the Lotto! applaud.gif
Too bad it's just the silicon lotto rolleyes.gif

that and the highest OC for this type of chip i know of. i read No Guro will freeze his 960T. can't wait to see the result.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #300 of 2790
Yeah I don't for-see any real issues. Besides maybe unlocked the cores and not being stable.
After this I'll be looking at a 2nd 6850 or a new 7xxx series card and a SSD update, along with a new PSU and/or maybe a case.
Bertha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Asus GTX 970 Strix Kingston HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 4 128gb Seagate SSHD 2TB Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760S Corsair Strafe OCZ Zt 750w Corsair Air 540 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
Bertha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Asus GTX 970 Strix Kingston HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 4 128gb Seagate SSHD 2TB Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760S Corsair Strafe OCZ Zt 750w Corsair Air 540 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club