Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club - Page 71

post #701 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

try lowering it to 1.42v or until it won't boot. a little over won't hurt i think. so, long as it is not 72 or something. folding seem to work the system more than prime.
wait i think i was able to run as a hex at 1.16v stock. try that and fold.
yup, right here . . .
468

At 800mhz? You could probably run it at .025V smile.gif
Primary
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
Primary
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #702 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy983 View Post

Some systems just don't like high HTT settings -- 250 seems to be the highest most will go before problems set in, or extra voltage increases are needed (NB core/SB).
Also, just for stability sake, you should increase the memory timings to 8-8-8-24-32. The 5th should never be lower than 8+24; while it CAN run at that speed, it's most stable like that.

Alright. I'll set it at that and it'll be my final setting as an x4.
post #703 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

not sure either but it might be the mainboard temp as shown . . .
700

I just have unlabeled temps in HW mon, but still none get very high. What is the ~max?

I've gotten everything stable now with all energy saving features off EXCEPT when I go to sleep, when it returns from sleep the multiplier drops to stock or x11.5

I guess that is acceptable, but I do like sleep mode instead of constantly turning off, although the boot speed is fast enough. This weekend I would like to try pushing further or getting it stable with some of the energy saving features. Which is the most important? Cool and Quiet?

Thanks
post #704 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralViolations View Post

I just have unlabeled temps in HW mon, but still none get very high. What is the ~max?
I've gotten everything stable now with all energy saving features off EXCEPT when I go to sleep, when it returns from sleep the multiplier drops to stock or x11.5
I guess that is acceptable, but I do like sleep mode instead of constantly turning off, although the boot speed is fast enough. This weekend I would like to try pushing further or getting it stable with some of the energy saving features. Which is the most important? Cool and Quiet?
Thanks

A,

1. if you are not going to overclock you can leave everything at default in bios:

Turbo - enabled
C1E - enabled
Cool & Quiet - enabled

you will see fluctuations from 800 (X4 multiplier) all the way to 3400 MHz when turbo kicks in. Inside Windows the power is set at Balance mode. saves power.

2. once you start oc, then at some point - for stability - you have to disable Turbo.

3. leave C1E and C&Q enabled if you are only shooting for 4GHz or when stability permits

4. diasable all for anything higher than 4GHz (this is just me).

other people may have different settings. my sleep mode works on all settings oddly enough, so now i use my hdd because i turned off sleep mode in my ssd. love the sleep mode.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #705 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

A,
1. if you are not going to overclock you can leave everything at default in bios:
Turbo - enabled
C1E - enabled
Cool & Quiet - enabled
you will see fluctuations from 800 (X4 multiplier) all the way to 3400 MHz when turbo kicks in. Inside Windows the power is set at Balance mode. saves power.
2. once you start oc, then at some point - for stability - you have to disable Turbo.
3. leave C1E and C&Q enabled if you are only shooting for 4GHz or when stability permits
4. diasable all for anything higher than 4GHz (this is just me).
other people may have different settings. my sleep mode works on all settings oddly enough, so now i use my hdd because i turned off sleep mode in my ssd. love the sleep mode.

1:
Already overclocked, running ~3.8
I know about the fluctuations, my problem was with it sticking at x11.5 or x15 instead of x18.5


2:turbo disabled along with the others.

3:
I will turn on C1E and C&Q again to check for stability when I take a break from this paper

4: I will push for 4 at some point just to get there, but for now I am pretty happy with 3.8

How does an ssd affect sleep mode? That is all I have for right now.


thanks again
post #706 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuralViolations View Post

1:
Already overclocked, running ~3.8
I know about the fluctuations, my problem was with it sticking at x11.5 or x15 instead of x18.5
2:turbo disabled along with the others.
3:
I will turn on C1E and C&Q again to check for stability when I take a break from this paper
4: I will push for 4 at some point just to get there, but for now I am pretty happy with 3.8
How does an ssd affect sleep mode? That is all I have for right now.
thanks again

i am guessing Turbo is enabled and keeping your multiplier from going all the way up to 18..5 and keep it stable ( not bsod).

sleep mode and hibernate eats up space of drives. to save space on my 96 GB ssd - i turned those off. search Sean's guide to ssd here in ocn for more info.
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Second Intel Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2700 4.5/ 1.28 77 290 (2) 16 / 1866 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1000 360/240 10 64 28 2160 
PowerCase
850 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #707 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdr09 View Post

i am guessing Turbo is enabled and keeping your multiplier from going all the way up to 18..5 and keep it stable ( not bsod).
sleep mode and hibernate eats up space of drives. to save space on my 96 GB ssd - i turned those off. search Sean's guide to ssd here in ocn for more info.

Thanks!

turbo is off, first thing I did before trying to unlock. Multiplier is now staying stable at 18.5, until I sleep.

gotta go check out that guide now
post #708 of 2790
Guys/gals,

In the processes of writing up a huge post with all the information I've gathered on overclocking, both from the forums and my own personal experiences.

I think it's important for members to be able to reference a particular processor, and not have to sift through pages and pages of guides, only to find the information is outdated or inaccurate.
Primary
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
Primary
(11 items)
 
  
Reply
post #709 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzy983 View Post

Guys/gals,
In the processes of writing up a huge post with all the information I've gathered on overclocking, both from the forums and my own personal experiences.
I think it's important for members to be able to reference a particular processor, and not have to sift through pages and pages of guides, only to find the information is outdated or inaccurate.

This is exactly what I was looking for when I browsed this thread biggrin.gif Some settings that worked great for people so I could see if they worked for me. And if I needed help, which I did, then I could ask.
post #710 of 2790
Yes, monster threads like these tend to get 'too big' for their usefulness, and although following them as they grow over time makes one quite knowledgable, when you hop in later down the road it's really tough to digest and sort through it all...the spreadsheet is nice to see some peoples max and preferred 24/7 settings and get a ballpark though! I'm still tweaking tons of stuff and I've had my new system for about 2 months. I had the ram all the way up to 1920 before I decided to take the core clock back down to 200 MHz x 18 3.6 GHz @ 1.3v, 1600 ram, tighten the timings to 8-9-9-24-32-1T and a 2800 MHz NB and so far it's stable and pretty cool, although the MB temp gets up to 42C under prime load. I have heatsinks on the VRM though so it should be ok.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › AMD Zosma 960T/1600T/1605T CPU Club