Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Samsung SSD750/830/840/850 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Samsung SSD750/830/840/850 Owners Club - Page 9

post #81 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post

I have just applied this firmware update (via the Magician software + 2 reboots) with no issues. smile.gif

Just ran as well with two reboots and its working 100% still. No issues smile.gif
post #82 of 5733
Wow. I just got this thing recently, but a few tweaks (thanks to y'all!) and I went from a score of 290 to this:

499


Squee!

Installing the Intel RST seemed to do a lot of good.

But it gives me an error message on the read access time. Any idea what that's about?
The Me Too
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-VPRO Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Gibabyte GTX 670 OC 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Samsung 830 SSD  LG Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Vista Samsung SyncMaster p2770 ZBoard Merc (love this thing) Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
Antec Monolith (old as eff) Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
The Me Too
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500K Asus P8Z68-VPRO Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Gibabyte GTX 670 OC 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 Samsung 830 SSD  LG Corsair H50 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Vista Samsung SyncMaster p2770 ZBoard Merc (love this thing) Corsair 750W 
CaseMouse
Antec Monolith (old as eff) Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 5733
I hade my 830 128gb in about 4 weeks now, and it works great.
Only issue i have is when im using the magician performance optimization tool.
When i try to run it it starts and about 5-10 sec later i got bsod. Anyone else have this problem ?
I really dont think i need this tool anyway but it seems weird tho.
post #84 of 5733
Problem solved. It was the crappy marvel controller. I switched to Intel and now it works fine.
Getting som lower random speed because the intel controller is only sata 3.But i got better speed in 4k and 4k-64k and that whats important
post #85 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knubbo View Post

Problem solved. It was the crappy marvel controller. I switched to Intel and now it works fine.
Getting som lower random speed because the intel controller is only sata 3.But i got better speed in 4k and 4k-64k and that whats important

And now i´m running the latest firmware with no issues at all. Love this ssd disk smile.gif
post #86 of 5733
deleted because sharing is not caring.
Edited by 636cc of fury - 12/10/15 at 2:36pm
post #87 of 5733
Hi guys, I got my 830 (128 GB) this past week, and I finally got around to installing it today. I ran a couple benchmarks to compare it to my old gen 1 Vertex drive that's currently my boot drive.

Keep in mind that I have them both plugged into SATA II ports, as I am still on a socket 775 setup.

600

325

Looks like its going to be at least twice as fast than my Vertex, even on SATA II! yessir.gif

Are there any recommended clone programs to copy the Vertex to the 830? I know I should probably do a fresh Windows install... but I don't really feel like the dealing with the hassle. rolleyes.gif
post #88 of 5733
I got my 128gb in a few days ago.

Now I am just waiting on a new case and video card so I can start installing everything smile.gif
post #89 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetpak12 View Post

Hi guys, I got my 830 (128 GB) this past week, and I finally got around to installing it today. I ran a couple benchmarks to compare it to my old gen 1 Vertex drive that's currently my boot drive.
Keep in mind that I have them both plugged into SATA II ports, as I am still on a socket 775 setup.
600
325
Looks like its going to be at least twice as fast than my Vertex, even on SATA II! yessir.gif
Are there any recommended clone programs to copy the Vertex to the 830? I know I should probably do a fresh Windows install... but I don't really feel like the dealing with the hassle. rolleyes.gif

Norton Ghost is what I'm used to using, you can find it on any Hiren CD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr3nd3l View Post

I got my 128gb in a few days ago.
Now I am just waiting on a new case and video card so I can start installing everything smile.gif

drool.gif I love that case. please post pics with your ssd in it when you get it smile.gif
post #90 of 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftkidd2323 View Post

Norton Ghost is what I'm used to using, you can find it on any Hiren CD.
drool.gif I love that case. please post pics with your ssd in it when you get it smile.gif

Black version of the case isn't out until next week and the few white ones they released are already out of stock.
Will be a few weeks before I have one but I will put up some shots as soon as I can smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › [Official] Samsung SSD750/830/840/850 Owners Club