Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Help me out here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me out here - Page 8

post #71 of 100
Thread Starter 
Yes that was the same one i wa looking at as well.
post #72 of 100
Thread Starter 
anyone know where to get iBUYPOWER kits?
i am looking for this one

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227367
post #73 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidequick View Post

anyone know where to get iBUYPOWER kits?
i am looking for this one
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227367

:doh.gif: not ibuypower..they put the umm..shoddiest components together :kookoo.gif:
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 100

Newegg.ca AND a DIY combo? mad.gif


Terrible.  I bet that if you use a Canadian retailer (as I recommend for ALL Canadian shoppers on this site - the best place to buy in Canada is usually a CANADIAN retailer, in order to avoid things such as high shipping costs) such as NCIX or MemoryExpress etc and individually choose the parts, you can get a PC of the same quality (i.e. little if any overclocking options due to weak motherboard and overpriced case) for over $100 less.  You can get a better PC for the same price.  If ANYTHING on Newegg.ca (or any other Canadian retailer) happens to be of a better price, price match it.  With price match, you can reduce the need to split retailers.  Most Canadian retailers like NCIX and MemoryExpress and others offer price match while Newegg.ca does not.

 

As for my consensus on DIY kits, they're not "deals" at all.  Clever individual parts choices have, in my experience, ALWAYS (100% success rate) been able to give a person a better build with more options for the same or lower pric

 

I'm quite happy that everyone here seems to be leading you in the right direction, but I digress - I'm going to put a foot down on this madness completely, once and for all.

 

Same quality build for several dollars (not exactly $100 but oh well) less, from a Canadian retailer, as promised:

 

Cost of Supercombo not considering shipping costs: $560

Shipping cost is near prohibitively high at $36

 

My combo, bought at NCIX:

AMD FX-4100 processor - $117 price matched

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P - $61

Kingston HyperX Blu 2x2GB DDR3-1600 - $25

Seagate 500GB 7200RPM HDD - $81 price matched

Powercolour Gaming 500W PSU - $40 (this PSU is a decent quality unit of equal quality to the CX 500 V2 - perfect for any single card config)

Gigabyte Radeon 6850 - $150, $20 rebate (no wait rebate service for faster return)

NZXT Source 210 Elite Steel Black case - $47.56 price matched with $10 rebate - easily one of the best cases for this going price.  I usually discourage redundantly expensive cases with few benefits over other good ones for price, by the way.

 

Total cost not considering shipping or taxes: $521.56, $501.56 after 2 weeks (Gigabyte rebate), $491.56 after NZXT rebate (8 weeks). More than $50 saved to begin with.  Extra costs and time to be saved through within-Canada shipping.

$50 of headroom that could provide you with headroom to buy a better, overclocking-ready motherboard with VRM cooling (such as the ASUS M5A97) among other things.

 

Granted, most of that $50 coming from flexibility and the choice of a somewhat less more expensive case to free up headroom to buy things with better performance (good PC balance is something I always recommend).  However, if you still wished for a Corsair 400R you could buy it for $89.69 shipped at DirectCanada, a sister company of NCIX that has slightly different conditions such as free shipping offer on orders over X (but no price match).  Free shipping for case already presents a huge savings because cases are usually the biggest and most expensive component.  The 400R at DirectCanada, a Canadian retailer, costs a full $30 shipped less than at Newegg.

 

Byuying the parts combination above at NCIX in coordination with a 400R at DirectCanada will cost you: $563 + shipping at NCIX only, before $30 in rebates.  The total cost of the entire order should sum up to about $10-20 less than at Newegg.ca; the flexibility on parts choices provided you with these benefits: somewhat more reliable motherboard (4+1 power phase), dual fan video card, and memory with lower heatspreaders.


Edited by xd_1771 - 1/6/12 at 5:56pm
post #75 of 100
tell 'im xd biggrin.gif ..mess with the goat..get the horns :lachen.gif:
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Thuban Powah!
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X5650 Asus P6X58D-E Sapphire HD 7950 G.Skill Trident-X 2600 CL10 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
Samsung 840 pro Bong cooler / RASA waterblock Rosewill Capstone Gold 750 None 
MouseMouse PadAudio
cheap! Newegg box panel ibeats with onboard. 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1075T w/2 cores locked @ 4.2+ M4a89GTD-Pro XFX Radeon HD 5870 8gb Samsung ddr3 1600 11-11-11-28@ 8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Agility2 40gb WD Blue 500GB Lite-On RASA waterblock 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows & Linux Samsung 1080p 2 ms Dell Thermaltake TR2-800 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master Elite 330 (was) cheap 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

Newegg.ca AND a DIY combo? mad.gif


Terrible.  I bet that if you use a Canadian retailer (as I recommend for ALL Canadian shoppers on this site - the best place to buy in Canada is usually a CANADIAN retailer, in order to avoid things such as high shipping costs) such as NCIX or MemoryExpress etc and individually choose the parts, you can get a PC of the same quality (i.e. little if any overclocking options due to weak motherboard and overpriced case) for over $100 less.  You can get a better PC for the same price.  If ANYTHING on Newegg.ca (or any other Canadian retailer) happens to be of a better price, price match it.  With price match, you can reduce the need to split retailers.  Most Canadian retailers like NCIX and MemoryExpress and others offer price match while Newegg.ca does not.

As for my consensus on DIY kits, they're not "deals" at all.  Clever individual parts choices have, in my experience, ALWAYS (100% success rate) been able to give a person a better build with more options for the same or lower pric

I'm quite happy that everyone here seems to be leading you in the right direction, but I digress - I'm going to put a foot down on this madness completely, once and for all.  Give me a few minutes.

I really don't understand mail rebates (as we don't have 'em) and all the shops around there, but how's this look from NCIX (shop you mentioned). Click.
Lots of the items had this "price after mail rebates" which should shave like 50cad from the price.

I think I understand the principle, but exactly what are there mail rebates?

edit: damn, could maybe even fit a 2500k there...
Edited by Blizlake - 1/6/12 at 5:51pm
post #77 of 100
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

Newegg.ca AND a DIY combo? mad.gif


Terrible.  I bet that if you use a Canadian retailer (as I recommend for ALL Canadian shoppers on this site - the best place to buy in Canada is usually a CANADIAN retailer, in order to avoid things such as high shipping costs) such as NCIX or MemoryExpress etc and individually choose the parts, you can get a PC of the same quality (i.e. little if any overclocking options due to weak motherboard and overpriced case) for over $100 less.  You can get a better PC for the same price.  If ANYTHING on Newegg.ca (or any other Canadian retailer) happens to be of a better price, price match it.  With price match, you can reduce the need to split retailers.  Most Canadian retailers like NCIX and MemoryExpress and others offer price match while Newegg.ca does not.

As for my consensus on DIY kits, they're not "deals" at all.  Clever individual parts choices have, in my experience, ALWAYS (100% success rate) been able to give a person a better build with more options for the same or lower pric

I'm quite happy that everyone here seems to be leading you in the right direction, but I digress - I'm going to put a foot down on this madness completely, once and for all.

Same quality build for several dollars (not exactly $100 but oh well) less, from a Canadian retailer, as promised:

Cost of Supercombo not considering shipping costs: $560
Shipping cost is near prohibitively high at $36

My combo, bought at NCIX:
AMD FX-4100 processor - $117 price matched
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P - $61
Kingston HyperX Blu 2x2GB DDR3-1600 - $25
Seagate 500GB 7200RPM HDD - $81 price matched
Powercolour Gaming 500W PSU - $40 (this PSU is a decent quality unit of equal quality to the CX 500 V2 - perfect for any single card config)
Gigabyte Radeon 6850 - $150, $20 rebate (no wait rebate service for faster return)
NZXT Source 210 Elite Steel Black case - $47.56 price matched with $10 rebate - easily one of the best cases for this going price.  I usually discourage redundantly expensive cases with few benefits over other good ones for price, by the way.

Total cost not considering shipping or taxes: $521.56, $501.56 after 2 weeks (Gigabyte rebate), $491.56 after NZXT rebate (8 weeks). More than $50 saved to begin with.  Extra costs and time to be saved through within-Canada shipping.
$50 of headroom that could provide you with headroom to buy a better, overclocking-ready motherboard with VRM cooling (such as the ASUS M5A97) among other things.

Granted, most of that $50 coming from flexibility and the choice of a somewhat less more expensive case to free up headroom to buy things with better performance (good PC balance is something I always recommend).  However, if you still wished for a Corsair 400R you could buy it for $89.69 shipped at DirectCanada, a sister company of NCIX that has slightly different conditions such as free shipping offer on orders over X (but no price match).  Free shipping for case already presents a huge savings because cases are usually the biggest and most expensive component.  The 400R at DirectCanada, a Canadian retailer, costs a full $30 shipped less than at Newegg.

Byuying the parts combination above at NCIX in coordination with a 400R at DirectCanada will cost you: $563 + shipping at NCIX only, before $30 in rebates.  The total cost of the entire order should sum up to about $10-20 less than at Newegg.ca; the flexibility on parts choices provided you with these benefits: somewhat more reliable motherboard (4+1 power phase), dual fan video card, and memory with lower heatspreaders.

Okay so i must thank you first for such a large amount of info you have written me! it really means alot on how you guys keep giving me better and better advice i mean we are now on page 8 of this massive debate/help topic tongue.gif

Now your build you have made up has caught my attention (in a good way)

I now have more wiggle room to add some stuff to it (starting with the ram) i will try to take your build and add somthings to it and i will repost it in about 10 mins ad see what you think

now what im trying to get is a gaming rig (on a budget ofc) that will run the new games at HIGH OR ultra at a decent rez
post #78 of 100
Thread Starter 
okay so i have only added 1 nenw thing to the build and thats 8 gigs of ram for 41 bucks so here is the full build (will this gpu run bf3? and on what setting do you think with this build would that game run at?)


http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=64407&promoid=1297
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=61189
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=58225&promoid=1297
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=63078
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=55855&promoid=1297
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=63468&promoid=1297
http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=55544&promoid=1297

Is there a better gpu that i could get that still not over my buget like 20$ more?



TOTAL WITH shipping and things PRICED MATCHED IS 566.94 cad
post #79 of 100

Mail in rebates are manufacturer discounts that arrive after mail in a few weeks.  Sometimes it's an easier way of making an optional discount that could be advertised to potentially increase sales.  It's not false marketing either, rebate checks do come back in the mail  Sometimes however they take awhile.  Some people consider rebates, some don't.

 

The i3 2120 based build isn't bad but I'm not a fan of much of the composition.  For one I don't find any amount of money for an i3 2120 worth it over an i3 2100; the amount of money you pay provides such a small benefit that it really makes no sense anymore.  At $55 shipped I find the XFX Core 450W overpriced for what it is; at $40 shipped the suggested Powercolour 500W can provide similar power levels.  Under 500W for over $50, I just feel it is too much.  2x4GB of DDR3-1600 can be had for less, have a look at the weekly deals.  There are also some decent quality Z68 motherboards for lesser if you are interested in the expandability.  The small savings by making changes to the rest of the parts could free up enough money to bump your setup up to a 6950 or other such more powerful card while maintaining budget.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuckley View Post
tell 'im xd biggrin.gif ..mess with the goat..get the horns lachen.gif

Going straight into the sig lachen.gif


Edited by xd_1771 - 1/6/12 at 11:21pm
post #80 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post

Mail in rebates are manufacturer discounts that arrive after mail in a few weeks.  Sometimes it's an easier way of making an optional discount that could be advertised to potentially increase sales.  It's not false marketing either, rebate checks do come back in the mail  Sometimes however they take awhile.  Some people consider rebates, some don't.

The i3 2120 based build isn't bad but I'm not a fan of much of the composition.  For one I don't find any amount of money for an i3 2120 worth it over an i3 2100; the amount of money you pay provides such a small benefit that it really makes no sense anymore.  At $55 shipped I find the XFX Core 450W overpriced for what it is; at $40 shipped the suggested Powercolour 500W can provide similar power levels.  Under 500W for over $50, I just feel it is too much.  2x4GB of DDR3-1600 can be had for less, have a look at the weekly deals.  There are also some decent quality Z68 motherboards for lesser if you are interested in the expandability.  The small savings by making changes to the rest of the parts could free up enough money to bump your setup up to a 6950 or other such more powerful card while maintaining budget.

Cheers. The problem I've noticed is that you guys in north america have many different brands than we do, and also mail rebates and newegg.ca which isn't canadian etc. biggrin.gif For example, we don't have any rosewill stuff, no ocz or powercolor psu's, usa/canadians have never heard of Be Quiet! and that kinda stuff. But hey, learning quick wink.gif

That's a gret build, I'd rather take the 6870 though wink.gif
This one I mean. 160cad after rebates.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Help me out here