- 1800 games now on Steam. Wonder how many of those I’ve played? At a total blind guess, around 400.
- 40 million accounts registered. Doesn’t mean they’re all being used, of course. I know I’ve got about four myself, for instance.
- Year-on-year sales increased by over 100%, for the seventh year running. Blimey!
- Simultaneous users topped 5 million during December. Partly due to the holiday sale, Skyrim and MW3, I think.
- Served over 780 petabytes of data; twice that of 2010. I don’t know how many megabytes a petabyte is, but I presume it’s a lot.
- Chat Faliszek consumed over 900 live dogs during the development of Portal 2.
- Over 14.5m Steamworks games were registered, 67% up from 2010. This one is probably the real biggie for Valve, as it means their community/cloud/achievement/DRMy stuff is increasingly becoming the PC gaming norm. Much as Steamworks tends to be useful, its move towards becoming the Xbox Live of PC gaming something I have mixed feelings about. Freedom! Freedom! Freedom!
- Steamworks is now in over 400 games. See above.
- Over 19m in-game items were traded (still only for Portal 2 and TF2, I think?)
Just WOW! :O
"Served over 780 petabytes of data"!!!