Originally Posted by Zaiger
1. Note the use of the word *developer*
2. This is not even a beta release, meaning it is not even ready for beta testing yet- its like linux at this point.
3. The Metro UI is not finished and can be disabled
4. To think that apple or linux is competition is laughable Linux stays around 1% and apple hovers around and mostly below 10%. In fact the only reason apple even exists is because Microsoft was too successful and they had a monopoly. All of apple's latest success has been around their phone and their Ipon i mean ipad. Apple is just a super expensive version of linux and a fad. And like Steve Jobs the apple fad will die
1. We know this.
2. It's nothing like Linux, seeing as Linux has several complete operating systems that are completely free, and always will be. Most of which run far better than Windows ever will. (Mint, Ubuntu, Fedora...)
3. Yes it can be disabled. But once it is disabled... You have *GASP!* Windows 7!
4. Linux has no sales figures to base it on. Not to mention, they have many ports out at the same time. If you want to get technical... Servers all over the world also run Unix/Linux, as well as cash registers, ATM's, lottery machines and almost anything else that needs to have as close to 100% uptime as possible.
Apple makes good products. The Ipod and Ipad are both still the top of the market in their category, despite the high prices. Mac computers are simply too expensive for the average computer consumer. If they were to lower the prices to compete with PC's, they would match or beat them in sales.
On top of all of that... Microsoft would not even exist if Bill Gates wasn't a thief.