Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread - Page 1287

post #12861 of 38704
Which would be better for water cooling with high voltage? ASIC of 65% or 85%?
post #12862 of 38704
The lower ASIC score is supposed to be better on WC.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12863 of 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

Which would be better for water cooling with high voltage? ASIC of 65% or 85%?
On my tests on both of my 7970's one with 60% and one with 80%
80% would clock and maintain stability better than the one with 60%...

60% card find a heatwall way faster... I always say this cards are weird they love lower voltages to perform better...

Watercooling is not so far ahead of aircooling to be honest with you, just a ease of mind on temps....
Reference cards can run up to 80-90c without problems..
Edited by zGunBLADEz - 7/4/12 at 7:24am
post #12864 of 38704
I've noticed with testing two different 7970 Lightnings and 7970 OC's that artifacts tend to start showing up right at the 73C mark. With water cooling I don't expect my temps to ever reach 50C so that should make a pretty big difference....
post #12865 of 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post

I've noticed with testing two different 7970 Lightnings and 7970 OC's that artifacts tend to start showing up right at the 73C mark. With water cooling I don't expect my temps to ever reach 50C so that should make a pretty big difference....

That and the voltage drops... <== this is the main culprit
Like i said finding a 1300 card not easy, keeping those clocks stables just luck..
post #12866 of 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post

That and the voltage drops... <== this is the main culprit
Like i said finding a 1300 card not easy, keeping those clocks stables just luck..

Speaking of finding a 1300 card. I'm still looking for someone with a 7970 that hits 1300 to try a few actual game benchmarks and maybe heaven 3.0. Just want a friendly comparison with mine.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12867 of 38704
I think mine might be able to pass through heaven.... not sure.
But I dont think it is stable in games.........
I think the heat is my issue with OCs......
post #12868 of 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal7trance View Post

Speaking of finding a 1300 card. I'm still looking for someone with a 7970 that hits 1300 to try a few actual game benchmarks and maybe heaven 3.0. Just want a friendly comparison with mine.

Mine hits 1300/1950 and i know i can go bit higher on both specially on the memory (im only feeding the card with 1.235v) but right now ambient is so high for that...

3dmark11 (April18 drivers) so no extra boost on points like with the new cat drivers
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3748856
post #12869 of 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by zGunBLADEz View Post

Mine hits 1300/1950 and i know i can go bit higher on both specially on the memory (im only feeding the card with 1.235v) but right now ambient is so high for that...
3dmark11 (April18 drivers) so no extra boost on points like with the new cat drivers
http://3dmark.com/3dm11/3748856

What about something besides 3dmark11? Looking for more real world stuff like Heaven or an actual game.
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
An Angry Robot
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asus P8Z77-V Pro Asus Strix 1070 G Skill Trident 2400mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 500gb SSD x 1tb HDD Samsung External Corsair H100i Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Catleap Q270 Acer Coolermaster Quickfire Rapid (reds) Corsair 750HX 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 540 Logitech G600 XFX Warpad Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12870 of 38704
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal7trance View Post

What about something besides 3dmark11? Looking for more real world stuff like Heaven or an actual game.

Can do metro/crysis 2 and heaven but later as is too hot right now here...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread