Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread - Page 1571

post #15701 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalka View Post

Yeah your physics score does look low - not sure what would be causing that, but it very well could be the same thing causing your lagging game issues. Might want to take a quick look at your bios to see if anything is turned off that shouldn't be, or just reset to defaults since your not OC'ing your CPU

Hmm, I haven't changed a thing with the processor. Maybe the scores people are reporting from their i5-3570k's are overclocked?
post #15702 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwenk View Post

Hmm, I haven't changed a thing with the processor. Maybe the scores people are reporting from their i5-3570k's are overclocked?

That very well could be, but it doesn't explain the game issues you mentioned earlier - your i5 with a 7970 should be able to run every game at max settings very smoothly.

You might want to try OC'ing your CPU to see if it helps your gaming
post #15703 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalka View Post

That very well could be, but it doesn't explain the game issues you mentioned earlier - your i5 with a 7970 should be able to run every game at max settings very smoothly.
You might want to try OC'ing your CPU to see if it helps your gaming

I'll head over to the CPU forum and see what I can do there.
post #15704 of 38701
Haven't been doing much gaming until recently. Decided to give 12.8 a try and all I can say is thank god I've finally got a driver that works.

I've been on RC11 for most of the time because the most recent drivers for me caused random BSOD's.

Just thought I'd put that out there. Might encourage someone who's on the fence to give it a try.
Tevatron K
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.8ghz Z77 Sabertooth R9 290 8GB Samsung 30nm @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
M500 240GB SSD 3x 3TB HDD's Sony DRU-V200S Custom water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit QNIX 27" 1440p @ 96Hz Ducky 1008 BeQuiet 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Logitec G5 Table top 
  hide details  
Reply
Tevatron K
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.8ghz Z77 Sabertooth R9 290 8GB Samsung 30nm @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
M500 240GB SSD 3x 3TB HDD's Sony DRU-V200S Custom water cooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit QNIX 27" 1440p @ 96Hz Ducky 1008 BeQuiet 1200w 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
HAF 932 Logitec G5 Table top 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15705 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalka View Post

If you have a chance, could you run Heaven at 1920x1080 on your rig? You have somewhat similar hardware so I am really interested to see how much a difference it makes that you have your CPU @ 5.0 and your GPU's clocked a lot higher than mine.

Already did that a little while back:

post #15706 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonalka View Post

I didn't know you had HT turned off - you should try it with it turned on just to see how high it would be.
This link compares our results:
http://www.3dmark.com/compare/3dm11/4361923/3dm11/4304978
Hope it works for you - just reviewing the details now
Are you using 12.8? I think I must still be using 12.6 as it shows your driver as 8.982 and mine as 8.980
You are about 5 fps faster on the first 4 tests and I am slightly faster on the Physics and combined tests.
It looks like your ram is clocked faster - I don't think there is much benefit in quantity of ram for me tongue.gif

Your CPU clock speed is not holding you back then! I think that my drivers are just helping my GPU's to run quicker compared to 12.6 WHQL. Remember how 12.7 were way faster than 12.6? Well, there you go! Give 12.8 a shot mate.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15707 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Your CPU clock speed is not holding you back then! I think that my drivers are just helping my GPU's to run quicker compared to 12.6 WHQL. Remember how 12.7 were way faster than 12.6? Well, there you go! Give 12.8 a shot mate.

Thanks - I will give it a try when I get home tonight.
post #15708 of 38701
Just did my first overclock attempt ever on graphics card ! biggrin.gif
I used Furmark burn in test in resulotition 1600x900, none MSAA or/and everything else not changed in furmark settings!

It lasted for 9 minutes, then I just quit the test!

My card is a Powercolor Radeon HD7950 PCS+!
Stock clocks is core 880mhz and memory 1250mhz, pushed it with sapphire trixxx to 980mhz core and 1400mhz memory! redface.gif

Here is a pic! thumb.gif


Goodnight!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD AM3+ FX-8120 Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0, 990FX Socket AM3+ HIS Radeon HD 7950 IceQ Boost Clock 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Kit 8GB @1866mhz 9-9... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair SSD Force Series 3 Sata 6GB/s Western Digital Caviar Black Sata 6GB/s Samsung DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual 120mm Akasa Viper Arctic Silver 5 Cooling Paste Bitfenix Spectre PRO 200mm NZXT 200mm Blue LED 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Dual 120mm Revoltec Crystal Green LED Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Razer Lycosa Mirror Enermax Maxrevo 1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Pink Razer Lachesis Refresh Multicolor 5600 DPI Qpad Grin Logitech Z-623 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD AM3+ FX-8120 Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0, 990FX Socket AM3+ HIS Radeon HD 7950 IceQ Boost Clock 3GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Kit 8GB @1866mhz 9-9... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair SSD Force Series 3 Sata 6GB/s Western Digital Caviar Black Sata 6GB/s Samsung DVD/RW Antec Kühler H2O 620 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Dual 120mm Akasa Viper Arctic Silver 5 Cooling Paste Bitfenix Spectre PRO 200mm NZXT 200mm Blue LED 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Dual 120mm Revoltec Crystal Green LED Windows 8 Pro 64-bit Razer Lycosa Mirror Enermax Maxrevo 1200W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom Pink Razer Lachesis Refresh Multicolor 5600 DPI Qpad Grin Logitech Z-623 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15709 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macke93 View Post

Just did my first overclock attempt ever on graphics card ! biggrin.gif
I used Furmark burn in test in resulotition 1600x900, none MSAA or/and everything else not changed in furmark settings!
It lasted for 9 minutes, then I just quit the test!
My card is a Powercolor Radeon HD7950 PCS+!
Stock clocks is core 880mhz and memory 1250mhz, pushed it with sapphire trixxx to 980mhz core and 1400mhz memory! redface.gif
Here is a pic! thumb.gif

Goodnight!

nice, learning the amd tuning myself.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K @4.5 ASROCK Z68 Extreme4 gen3 VisionTek 7970 CF GSKILL Ripjaws X 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128g/ WD Caviar Black 1tb ASUS DVD Corsair H100 w/4 Cougar Vortex fans Winders 7 pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VS248 Corsair HX850 CM HAF932 advanced Logitech G500s 
AudioOther
Turtle Beach DPX 21 Headset Thrustmaster T300rs wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500K @4.5 ASROCK Z68 Extreme4 gen3 VisionTek 7970 CF GSKILL Ripjaws X 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M4 128g/ WD Caviar Black 1tb ASUS DVD Corsair H100 w/4 Cougar Vortex fans Winders 7 pro 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
ASUS VS248 Corsair HX850 CM HAF932 advanced Logitech G500s 
AudioOther
Turtle Beach DPX 21 Headset Thrustmaster T300rs wheel 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15710 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokah View Post

Haven't been doing much gaming until recently. Decided to give 12.8 a try and all I can say is thank god I've finally got a driver that works.
I've been on RC11 for most of the time because the most recent drivers for me caused random BSOD's.
Just thought I'd put that out there. Might encourage someone who's on the fence to give it a try.

You should definitely try 12.9 betas smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread