Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread - Page 564

post #5631 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dowking View Post

Hello Everyone,
I have a problem with my Sapphire hd 7970 i just bought. I have installed the card plugged in my 3 monitors and installed the newest driver 12.2.
Now i started to play Battlefield 3 on a res of 5040x1050 and it runs great but now i have problems with games like Kane and Lynch 2/ Call of Duty Black Ops/Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3/ Napoleon Total War etc. With those games i get low FPS and stuttering ( Low fps I mean ~20 FPS) All those games who have low FPS have a directroy in the install directory called redist. In that redist map you can instal microsoft visual C++ and directx. I have uninstalled those things for manny times but it didn't resolve the problem. I have uninstalled the AMD driver still the same problem. Other games like crysis 2/Battlefield 3/ Metro 2033 runs really great.
I want to solve the problem but i don't know how so thats why i call in your help.
Here are my computer specs:
Asus P7P55D Premium motherboard
Intel core i5-650 LGA 1156
700WATT PSU
8GB 1333MHZ RAM DDR3
SATA III 2.5'' SSD OCZ AGILITY3 60GB (boot HDD)
SATA 1 TB
Sapphire HD7970 ATI
Windows 7 64-bit
I have done a fresh windows 7 install only on the SSD and i have deleted the windows files from my 1TB hard disk. Before this card i had 2 nvidia 450 GTS in SLI mode. I have uninstalled the nvidia drivers already and did a driver sweep but that doesn't resolve the problem too.
Do i need a sort of program installed on my PC to run games with the directory redist?? I have installed all the versions of Microsoft Visual 2005/2008/2010/ (64x-86x) and i have installed framework 4.0
Can somebody help me please?? I have already sended an email to AMD but it takes to long for a reply.

Maybe driver problem? try some other drivers
post #5632 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dowking View Post

Hello Everyone,
I have a problem with my Sapphire hd 7970 i just bought. I have installed the card plugged in my 3 monitors and installed the newest driver 12.2.
Now i started to play Battlefield 3 on a res of 5040x1050 and it runs great but now i have problems with games like Kane and Lynch 2/ Call of Duty Black Ops/Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3/ Napoleon Total War etc. With those games i get low FPS and stuttering ( Low fps I mean ~20 FPS) All those games who have low FPS have a directroy in the install directory called redist. In that redist map you can instal microsoft visual C++ and directx. I have uninstalled those things for manny times but it didn't resolve the problem. I have uninstalled the AMD driver still the same problem. Other games like crysis 2/Battlefield 3/ Metro 2033 runs really great.
I want to solve the problem but i don't know how so thats why i call in your help.
Here are my computer specs:
Asus P7P55D Premium motherboard
Intel core i5-650 LGA 1156
700WATT PSU
8GB 1333MHZ RAM DDR3
SATA III 2.5'' SSD OCZ AGILITY3 60GB (boot HDD)
SATA 1 TB
Sapphire HD7970 ATI
Windows 7 64-bit
I have done a fresh windows 7 install only on the SSD and i have deleted the windows files from my 1TB hard disk. Before this card i had 2 nvidia 450 GTS in SLI mode. I have uninstalled the nvidia drivers already and did a driver sweep but that doesn't resolve the problem too.
Do i need a sort of program installed on my PC to run games with the directory redist?? I have installed all the versions of Microsoft Visual 2005/2008/2010/ (64x-86x) and i have installed framework 4.0
Can somebody help me please?? I have already sended an email to AMD but it takes to long for a reply.

itis the drivers man they suck bad . Try a different driver.
post #5633 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanFrode View Post

Any thoughts? thinking.gif

How do you have your fans setup? 95c is getting quite hot with just 1 card. You want positive intake pressure in the case because you have an internal exhausting vid card cooler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkinpuncher View Post

Oh ok.
Just strange though how Skyrim is the only game that would do that when ccc is running. BF3 runs fine, no crashes.
Oh well im hoping some more drivers come out soonish.

Well, different games stress different parts of the card. I do my stability testing with Crysis 2, it usually ferrets out all the weaknesses for me.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5634 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkazcanbe View Post

itis the drivers man they suck bad . Try a different driver.
wich drivers are u guys using then?? driver from CD??
post #5635 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh4dowking View Post

wich drivers are u guys using then?? driver from CD??

I use RC11, it's been the most stable for my crossfire array.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5636 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkazcanbe View Post

itis the drivers man they suck bad . Try a different driver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

I use RC11, it's been the most stable for my crossfire array.

Yes i have tried that driver too but the problem still doenst resolve.
post #5637 of 38701
RC11
post #5638 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

How do you have your fans setup? 95c is getting quite hot with just 1 card. You want positive intake pressure in the case because you have an internal exhausting vid card cooler.
Well, different games stress different parts of the card. I do my stability testing with Crysis 2, it usually ferrets out all the weaknesses for me.

That's the problem.. My Case is still pretty stock. and Corsair 700D and 800D aren't exactly known for airflow:P
It only has 1 fan in the bottom sucking air in, and 1 fan in the back sucking air out.. and my Noctua NH-D14 cpu fan I've pointed to blow air up and out per say..
It looks like I might start to invest in water cooling.. I just hope my 7950 is using same pcb layout as the referance card.
When I played BF3, with Custom Fan Profile, with like 50/60% 60/70% etc.. it seemed to stable out at about 75 degrees tho
post #5639 of 38701
So have you guys read this here yet http://semiaccurate.com/2012/01/19/nvidia-kepler-vs-amd-gcn-has-a-clear-winner/

Seems that they have decided a "Winner" already. Said Nvidia wins hands down in every way. I'm interested to see how they tested. I'm a Eyefinity user, so who wins on 3 screens is the real winner in my book. I don't see Nvidias 2gb being better than 3gb for extreme resolutions. Guess we'll know next week.

What do you guys think?
Red X9
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K @ 5ghz 1.350v 75c max load temps Asus Maximus VI Formula Evga Gtx Titan X @ 1500mhz / 7800mhz +112mv EK Acetal / Nickel / Nickel back plate 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengence Pro 32gig 2400mhz c11 red (4x8... 6x 256gig (1.5tb) in Raid 0 , OS / Gaming Drive 2 x Liteon 256gig (512gig) storage drives Asus Dvd-RW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x 360mm Alphacool XT45 / 1x 480mm Alphacool Mo... EK X-Res 140 D5 vario Pump/Res combo + EK X-top... EK Supreme HF cpu / EK Acetal / Nickel with Nic... Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift 27" 144hz with G-Sync Samsung 65" 7150  Logitech G510s Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Core X9 custom painted Red and Black Logitech G602 Wireless Corsair Aluminum Core 2 sided  Bose Companion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
Red X9
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4790K @ 5ghz 1.350v 75c max load temps Asus Maximus VI Formula Evga Gtx Titan X @ 1500mhz / 7800mhz +112mv EK Acetal / Nickel / Nickel back plate 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Corsair Vengence Pro 32gig 2400mhz c11 red (4x8... 6x 256gig (1.5tb) in Raid 0 , OS / Gaming Drive 2 x Liteon 256gig (512gig) storage drives Asus Dvd-RW 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
2x 360mm Alphacool XT45 / 1x 480mm Alphacool Mo... EK X-Res 140 D5 vario Pump/Res combo + EK X-top... EK Supreme HF cpu / EK Acetal / Nickel with Nic... Windows 8.1 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift 27" 144hz with G-Sync Samsung 65" 7150  Logitech G510s Corsair AX1200 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Thermaltake Core X9 custom painted Red and Black Logitech G602 Wireless Corsair Aluminum Core 2 sided  Bose Companion 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5640 of 38701
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanFrode View Post

That's the problem.. My Case is still pretty stock. and Corsair 700D and 800D aren't exactly known for airflow:P
It only has 1 fan in the bottom sucking air in, and 1 fan in the back sucking air out.. and my Noctua NH-D14 cpu fan I've pointed to blow air up and out per say..
It looks like I might start to invest in water cooling.. I just hope my 7950 is using same pcb layout as the referance card.
When I played BF3, with Custom Fan Profile, with like 50/60% 60/70% etc.. it seemed to stable out at about 75 degrees tho

I have a corsair 500R and my temps are just fine, even when overclocked...
In Unigine 2.5 it never got above 63 degrees and this is also with stock fans (2 front sucking air in, 1 side fan sucking air in, 1 rear fan blowing air out).
This temp of 63 is by the way overclocked to 1175 core, 1580 memory on 1175 V voltage !
In furmark it gets to the low 70's after 1 min full load.
This is with own fan profile, 30% load = 30% fan, 40% load = 40% fan, etc...
Edited by Daffie82 - 3/5/12 at 11:44am
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4,5GHz, 1.33v Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition @ 1130 / 1550, 1.150v 8GB Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 @ DDR3-1600, 9-9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1x Samsung 830 Series Desktop Upgrade Kit Sony Optiarc 24x DVDRW AD-7280S Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B 2x Front intake fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1x Large intake side fan 1x Back exhaust fan Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 Samsung SyncMaster 2494hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard 600 Corsair Enthusiast TX850M Corsair Carbide 500R Black Logitech G5 Laser Mouse 
AudioAudio
Realtek High Definition Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4,5GHz, 1.33v Asus P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 Sapphire HD7950 OC Edition @ 1130 / 1550, 1.150v 8GB Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 @ DDR3-1600, 9-9-9... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
1x Samsung 830 Series Desktop Upgrade Kit Sony Optiarc 24x DVDRW AD-7280S Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B 2x Front intake fans 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
1x Large intake side fan 1x Back exhaust fan Windows 7 Enterprise x64 SP1 Samsung SyncMaster 2494hm 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard 600 Corsair Enthusiast TX850M Corsair Carbide 500R Black Logitech G5 Laser Mouse 
AudioAudio
Realtek High Definition Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread