Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread - Page 668

post #6671 of 36780
All good so far, booted with no issues, the system is a little bit sluggish but I'm picking up an H100 next week and so I'll put Windows on the SSD then and configure my install properly (as well as cable management etc). It's currently installed to the 500GB drive.

Just need to restart to install Windows updates then I'll put her under load, see what happens. Sadly I'm not sure how much of an OC I'll get out of it because of the VRMs frown.gif

Got similar temps to last time (62C/94C) so I haven't bothered with a screenshot this time around.

Here is my 3DMark11 result.

And here is my Heaven result:
375
Edited by LAF - 3/19/12 at 10:19pm
post #6672 of 36780
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirefox View Post

cleaned drivers, fired up rc11 .. then AB, selected no upon install ... tick unofficialocz ... everything seems to be in order with AB settings ... EXCEPT ... for some reason it only shows graph temps for GPU1 and nothing for GPU2 ? (shows all other settings for GPU2 but no temp) ... hrmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

^^ Good luck man. Coincidentally the DC2 I ordered moons ago is gonna be here tomorrow. I'm gonna have to refuse it because the waterblock doesn't line up with the ek 7970 blocks. There's some coils in the way, lameness Asus!!!
Uninstall ab, choose no when it asks to save. Run atiman, it does its thing reboots etc. Then install rc11, reboot. Disable ulps, install ab run it, it will ask to reboot. Then do the unofficial oc bizness.

I did exactly this ... everything seemed to be good... started tweaking voltz/clocks and they saved properly.

after about 2 minutes after any boot up ... I get a BSOD 1000007e ... frown.gif
wirefox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k @4.8 1.41v Asus Rampage IV Saphhire 7970  Asus 7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16gb Corsiar Dominator GT  Corsair m4  Raptor 10k Window 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27A950D 1080p 120Hz  Sidewinder x4 Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W ATX12V Thermaltake Armor LCS 
MouseOther
trackball Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
  hide details  
Reply
wirefox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k @4.8 1.41v Asus Rampage IV Saphhire 7970  Asus 7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16gb Corsiar Dominator GT  Corsair m4  Raptor 10k Window 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27A950D 1080p 120Hz  Sidewinder x4 Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W ATX12V Thermaltake Armor LCS 
MouseOther
trackball Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6673 of 36780
OK bored of xp now..any way to get a 7970 working on Win8 since there's no drivers yet?
post #6674 of 36780
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirefox View Post

I did exactly this ... everything seemed to be good... started tweaking voltz/clocks and they saved properly.
after about 2 minutes after any boot up ... I get a BSOD 1000007e ... frown.gif

What is two mins after any boot up? Boot up what, os/game? You have to be more clear.
Btw BSOD 07E = ram or OS, mostly ram.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(21 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(21 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6675 of 36780
So BF3 is running beautifully! I haven't played a game yet or run a fraps benchmark, but I just drove a tank for 5 minutes on an empty Caspian and got 55-80 solid all maxed with 2xMSAA and no motion blur. Very happy biggrin.gif The only thing is I had a few massive framedrops (down to 6 while running up to and getting in the tank) - no stutter, just actual drops. Is this a known problem? I'm going to go play a game and bench it using fraps, might have just been a hiccup at the start, we'll soon find out.
post #6676 of 36780
hey everyone I'm glad to be a part of the Owner's Club! this is my first post so I wanted to say hi before I jumped into an issue I've been having. hope you're all enjoying your HD 7950/7970.thumb.gif


THE ISSUES:
I have two HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 that I am using in crossfire. Whenever I start a DX11 game and the game launches (after initial menus) my system halts/freezes and I have to hard reboot because it is completely unresponsive. I can replicate this issue every time any game is opened that is run using Direct X 11. The strangest thing is that it only occurs when the game is full-screened. So if I launch a DX11 game in windowed mode, it runs just fine. I've also been able to verify the same things occur with bench-marking suits like: Heaven DX11 Benchmark 3.0

When running the same games in Direct X 9 mode, with crossfire enabled the issue is non existent. This issue only happens when Crossfire is enabled, with all Direct X 11 games when full-screened. Each card works fine when used independently (with crossfire disabled) for a prolonged period of time with no issues. I've tested each card in separate PCI-E slots with no issues, so it doesn't appear to be the motherboard.

I've tried with various drivers, but I am currently using the newest driver's provided on AMD's website and still not able to get it working even after using ATIman to completely uninstall. Before I tried the 8.9.21.2 RC11 drivers, but no luck there either. I've also tried 3 different crossfire bridges to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.
post #6677 of 36780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post




Do it in this order:

 
  1. Uninstall Afterburner and Catalyst.
  2. Clean it with Atiman Uninstaller v.6.3.1 (turn off UAC to install this).
  3. Install 1/25/2012 http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/RC11Driver.aspx
  4. Install MSI Afterburner 2.2.0 Beta 14 Download
  5. Enable "unoffcial overclocking" HOW TO: Enable UNOFFICIAL overclocking mode in MSI AfterBurner
  6. Afterburner settings > enable all voltage controls.

Note: Exit Afterburner prior to editing .cfg file and ULPS.


Crossfire User; from step #4 > #7 > #5 > #6


7. Disable ULPS:

 
  • Go to regedit (start > search programs and files > "regedit").
  • In drop down menu: find file > type "enableulps".
  • For ALL instances (keep pressing F3) change the "1" value to a "0".
  • Reboot PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

What is two mins after any boot up? Boot up what, os/game? You have to be more clear.
Btw BSOD 07E = ram or OS, mostly ram.

was doing this BSOD after a clean boot up in 2d ... i would just sitting there ... but not happening anymore ...

did ever step as noted... and still not working...

going to try to do it all over again ...

but at present I have run through exactly what was posted earlier and once AB is put into oczenabled... the core and mem keep reseting to 0 and won't save. the ocz bars allow for the extra voltz but nothing saves ...

getting tired been trying to get this going for hours ... will try one more cycle then need to go to bed ... thanks for the help so far ...
wirefox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k @4.8 1.41v Asus Rampage IV Saphhire 7970  Asus 7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16gb Corsiar Dominator GT  Corsair m4  Raptor 10k Window 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27A950D 1080p 120Hz  Sidewinder x4 Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W ATX12V Thermaltake Armor LCS 
MouseOther
trackball Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
  hide details  
Reply
wirefox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel 3930k @4.8 1.41v Asus Rampage IV Saphhire 7970  Asus 7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16gb Corsiar Dominator GT  Corsair m4  Raptor 10k Window 7 64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S27A950D 1080p 120Hz  Sidewinder x4 Thermaltake Toughpower W0133RU 1200W ATX12V Thermaltake Armor LCS 
MouseOther
trackball Sunbeam RHK-EX-BA Rheobus-Extreme Fan Controlle... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6678 of 36780
Ok, just ran my benchmark in BF3, during a few games of 32p TDM on Kharg. I know it's not the most intense thing but it's what I felt like. Min 43, Max 148, and Avg of 75. Really happy with it, gameplay was smooth throughout and I'm not as rusty as I thought I'd be after 6 weeks smile.gif Still came within sight of the top 3, and went just over, then just under parity KDR (counts because it's TDM - I still revived etc!).

Can't wait to get an OC going on this 2500K, and when I swap this card for a Lightning, OC the GPU!
post #6679 of 36780
Quote:
Originally Posted by wirefox View Post

was doing this BSOD after a clean boot up in 2d ... i would just sitting there ... but not happening anymore ...
did ever step as noted... and still not working...
going to try to do it all over again ...
but at present I have run through exactly what was posted earlier and once AB is put into oczenabled... the core and mem keep reseting to 0 and won't save. the ocz bars allow for the extra voltz but nothing saves ...
getting tired been trying to get this going for hours ... will try one more cycle then need to go to bed ... thanks for the help so far ...

What driver are you using??
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(21 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(21 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6680 of 36780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanhaver View Post

hey everyone I'm glad to be a part of the Owner's Club! this is my first post so I wanted to say hi before I jumped into an issue I've been having. hope you're all enjoying your HD 7950/7970.thumb.gif
THE ISSUES:
I have two HD7970-DC2T-3GD5 that I am using in crossfire. Whenever I start a DX11 game and the game launches (after initial menus) my system halts/freezes and I have to hard reboot because it is completely unresponsive. I can replicate this issue every time any game is opened that is run using Direct X 11. The strangest thing is that it only occurs when the game is full-screened. So if I launch a DX11 game in windowed mode, it runs just fine. I've also been able to verify the same things occur with bench-marking suits like: Heaven DX11 Benchmark 3.0
When running the same games in Direct X 9 mode, with crossfire enabled the issue is non existent. This issue only happens when Crossfire is enabled, with all Direct X 11 games when full-screened. Each card works fine when used independently (with crossfire disabled) for a prolonged period of time with no issues. I've tested each card in separate PCI-E slots with no issues, so it doesn't appear to be the motherboard.
I've tried with various drivers, but I am currently using the newest driver's provided on AMD's website and still not able to get it working even after using ATIman to completely uninstall. Before I tried the 8.9.21.2 RC11 drivers, but no luck there either. I've also tried 3 different crossfire bridges to no avail. Any help would be much appreciated.

Fill out your rig specs so we can better understand the problem. If they both work fine one at a time, when in cfx, the gpu tdp will be doubled... hows your psu?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(21 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 4820
(21 items)
 
SO's HTPC 3820
(21 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › [Official] AMD Radeon HD 7950/7970/7990 Owners Thread