Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › Intel Smart Response Help, Intel RST says service is not running after boot
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel Smart Response Help, Intel RST says service is not running after boot

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
Hi I searched quite a few places and couldn't find an answer to this question.

I have setup Intel Smart Response and it appears to be working; Intel RST application shows the disk is being accelerated. My question is when I boot into windows 7, on the tray icons on the bottom right, it shows that Intel RST service is not running, does it have to be running for the cache drive to be working? I have to open the application and then it is running.
Core i5
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Intel HD 3000 G.Skill Rip Jaws X Series 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda LP 5900rpm Patriot TorqX 2 SSD LG 22x DVD+/-RW Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Corsair CX430v2 Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
Core i5
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 Intel HD 3000 G.Skill Rip Jaws X Series 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda LP 5900rpm Patriot TorqX 2 SSD LG 22x DVD+/-RW Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 
OSPowerCase
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Corsair CX430v2 Antec 300 Illusion 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 16
It is just delayed start for the try icon, no need to worry about it.
post #3 of 16
Related question, when I try and open it, it always fails. When I tried to do a reinstall it said I didnt meet the minimum requirments. Ideas?
Sokar
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.75 GHz EVGA x58 3x SLI EVGA 670 4GB 12GB Samsung PC3 12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Cruical M4 WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Seagate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom WC Loop Windows 7 x64 x3 Dell U2312HM I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra x3 1000w Danger Den Torture Rack Razer Deathadder Black Razer Goliathis 
AudioAudioAudio
Inifitity P153 Speakers Lepai TA202A Amp Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Sokar
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.75 GHz EVGA x58 3x SLI EVGA 670 4GB 12GB Samsung PC3 12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Cruical M4 WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Seagate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom WC Loop Windows 7 x64 x3 Dell U2312HM I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra x3 1000w Danger Den Torture Rack Razer Deathadder Black Razer Goliathis 
AudioAudioAudio
Inifitity P153 Speakers Lepai TA202A Amp Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 16
I thought it only worked with a z68 mobo? I maybe wrong but I could have sworn I saw a thread about this a month ago.
White Knight
(0 items)
  
Reply
White Knight
(0 items)
  
Reply
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrazeau1115 View Post

Related question, when I try and open it, it always fails. When I tried to do a reinstall it said I didnt meet the minimum requirments. Ideas?

You need your SATA mode to be set to AHCI, not IDE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post

I thought it only worked with a z68 mobo? I maybe wrong but I could have sworn I saw a thread about this a month ago.
Intel SRT and RST are different things if that is what is confusing you.

SRT = Smart Response Technology (Z68 and H67 mobos i believe for SSD caching)

RST = Rapid Storage Technology (The Intel SATA drivers)
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Webster View Post

You need your SATA mode to be set to AHCI, not IDE.
Intel SRT and RST are different things if that is what is confusing you.
SRT = Smart Response Technology (Z68 and H67 mobos i believe for SSD caching)
RST = Rapid Storage Technology (The Intel SATA drivers)

Ill check again but I am almost certain that I am in AHCI still.
Sokar
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.75 GHz EVGA x58 3x SLI EVGA 670 4GB 12GB Samsung PC3 12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Cruical M4 WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Seagate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom WC Loop Windows 7 x64 x3 Dell U2312HM I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra x3 1000w Danger Den Torture Rack Razer Deathadder Black Razer Goliathis 
AudioAudioAudio
Inifitity P153 Speakers Lepai TA202A Amp Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Sokar
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 @ 3.75 GHz EVGA x58 3x SLI EVGA 670 4GB 12GB Samsung PC3 12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Cruical M4 WD Caviar Black WD Caviar Black Seagate 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom WC Loop Windows 7 x64 x3 Dell U2312HM I-ROCKS KR-6820E-BK 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra x3 1000w Danger Den Torture Rack Razer Deathadder Black Razer Goliathis 
AudioAudioAudio
Inifitity P153 Speakers Lepai TA202A Amp Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 16
I'm having similar problem and have a related question.


@ Sean-- when you say: You need your SATA mode to be set to AHCI, not IDE.....are you speaking about Bios settings?
If so, since I'm running RAID 0 (on twp SSDs), my SATA mode is set to RAID.
If I set my SATA mode to AHCI, then I believe I'll end up destroying (corrupting) my RAID.

Please clarify?

P6080161 (Large).JPG 111k .JPG file
post #8 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastamanx View Post

I'm having similar problem and have a related question.


@ Sean-- when you say: You need your SATA mode to be set to AHCI, not IDE.....are you speaking about Bios settings?
If so, since I'm running RAID 0 (on twp SSDs), my SATA mode is set to RAID.
If I set my SATA mode to AHCI, then I believe I'll end up destroying (corrupting) my RAID.

Please clarify?

P6080161 (Large).JPG 111k .JPG file
leave yours on RAID, my suggestion was specific to the other user.
post #9 of 16
Thanks for the reply.

So...I'm running Window 7 x64 on x58 SLI motherboard, and have my C drive configured in RAID 0 using two Intel SSDs.
I had been running Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver 10.8 with no issues.
But after upgrading the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to v11.7.0.1013 (which supports TRIM in RAID 0), the Intel Rapid Storage Tech system tray icon now says Intel RST service is not running.
I've tried manually starting service, but it automatically stops again.
Also, I'm now unable to launch the Intel Rapid Storage Technology App (IAStorUI.exe).

Note: Intel RST service DOES run when I reinstall Rapid Storage Technology driver v 10.8.0.1003 over v11.7.0.1013....but TRIM feature no longer works.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
Thx.
post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastamanx View Post

Thanks for the reply.

So...I'm running Window 7 x64 on x58 SLI motherboard, and have my C drive configured in RAID 0 using two Intel SSDs.
I had been running Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver 10.8 with no issues.
But after upgrading the Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to v11.7.0.1013 (which supports TRIM in RAID 0), the Intel Rapid Storage Tech system tray icon now says Intel RST service is not running.
I've tried manually starting service, but it automatically stops again.
Also, I'm now unable to launch the Intel Rapid Storage Technology App (IAStorUI.exe).

Note: Intel RST service DOES run when I reinstall Rapid Storage Technology driver v 10.8.0.1003 over v11.7.0.1013....but TRIM feature no longer works.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.
Thx.
TRIM is not supported on X58 unless you have a updated OROM by BIOS mod. So just use the 10.8.

Usually there is a delayed start for the service in the taskbar.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hard Drives & Storage
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › Intel Smart Response Help, Intel RST says service is not running after boot