Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 146

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #1451 of 9601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSRS View Post

Hello!
It is my first post in here and I was wondering if someone could please, help me! :-)
I'm newbie but I'm going to try to explain the problem...
I changed my motherboard from Asus P8Z68-V Pro to ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 and now the Max Bandwidth does not look right.
XMP profile is configured, 2133MHz with [ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD
http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=370
100% compatible, I did check it in http://asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme4/index.us.asp?cat=Memory before buy the motherboard.
CPU-Z ScreenShot on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/1088/cpuzw.png
Max Bandwidth PC3-12800 (800MHz) does not look right, is it?
MaxxMEM ScreenShot on ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 looks too low
http://imageshack.us/a/img84/7137/maxxmem.png
Copy, Read and Write on Asus P8Z68-V Pro was at least 24k+
I hope someone help me, I would really appreciate it.
Please, replay here or contact me via cybersrs@gmail.com
Thank you!

Your memory seems to run on a factory tested overclock that is a bit faster than XMP settings, so you should not use an XMP profile.

First make sure your BIOS is fully up-to-date.
If your BIOS version is not 2.30 then you need to download this ftp://174.142.97.10/bios/1155/Z77%20Extreme4(2.30)WIN.zip and run it (using my guide).

Try this:
0. (Turn off PC)
1. Take out all RAM and put back in.
2. Boot to BIOS and go to DRAM Configuration on the OC Tweaker tab.
3. Set Load XMP Setting to "Auto" and set the DRAM Frequency to DDR3-2133.
4. Go into DRAM Configuration and then change the first five numbers to 9-11-9-28-2N in order.
5. Set the DRAM Voltage to 1.65v.

Note: Your motherboard is not on the qualifying list in the page link you gave me.

In CPUZ under the Memory tab, it should read "DRAM Frequency: 1067MHz".
Note: That these RAM chips are dual channel so the actual frequency is double what CPUZ reports.


If this doesn't work then you need to:
1. Purchase new RAM.
OR
2. Downclock the existing RAM to DDR3-1600, 9-9-9-24-2L, 1.50v.
Edited by kennyparker1337 - 10/6/12 at 6:40pm
post #1452 of 9601
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000FFFFFFFF
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88010F47F2D
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Need help guys.I run furmark burn in test to check temps. on my gpu and got blue sceen.
Not enough voltage on cpu?got offset set on +0,60mv for i5 3570k on 4,5ghz
cheers
post #1453 of 9601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhaumman View Post

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 00000000FFFFFFFF
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88010F47F2D
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Need help guys.I run furmark burn in test to check temps. on my gpu and got blue sceen.
Not enough voltage on cpu?got offset set on +0,60mv for i5 3570k on 4,5ghz
cheers

The BBCode is the error code. So in this case, it is 0xD1.

So check the guide "Help Me!" section for codes.
post #1454 of 9601
Can someone help me overclock the i5 3570K please,

http://www.overclock.net/t/1313745/bios-overclock
post #1455 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casterina View Post

Can someone help me overclock the i5 3570K please,
http://www.overclock.net/t/1313745/bios-overclock
Y

Follow the guide on page 1.
post #1456 of 9601
Hi there!

I have been looking at this guide, and would like to thank you for writing it.
+reped

However, I'm facing some OC'ing issues - here's my specs:
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel i7 3770K
MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti Power Edition
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Corsair AX750
Antec H2O 920
120GB Corsair ForceGT SSD

I'm trying to get to around 4.2-4.5ghz - however always seem to be having problems.
I ran a 17hr p95 on 4.2ghz, and it passed, but I haven't been able to get a higher clock for over 5hr testing

I've got several concerns and worries - but this is what I have in my bios at the moment:

XMP profile
Freq: 100.0
PLL overvoltage: Auto
CPU to DRAM: Auto
Mem freq: 1600mhz
Offset Mode @ + 0.10
DRAM Voltage @ 1.50v
DRAM timings: 9-9-9-24-2
CPU ratio: 42

Intel speedstep tech: Enabled
Load-lin Calibration: High (50%)
CPU vol freq: Auto
CPU Phase control: Extreme
CPU power duty control: T.Probe
CPU current capability: 140%
CPU power thermal control: 130
CPU power response control: auto
DRAM current capability: 130%
DRAM voltage frequency: Auto
Dram Power Phase control: Extreme
DRAM Power thermal control: 110

CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3: Disabled
CPU C6: Disabled
Package C state support: Disabled

Other stuff:
High precision Timer: Disabled
Intel rapid start technology: Disabled
ISCT Config: Disabled
Network Stack: Disabled

Now I was recommended by a friend to go for LLC on Regular (0%) & C1E with speedstep disabled.
I would love any input! smile.gif
post #1457 of 9601
Hello!

It is me again... I hope you guys can help me once more.

I have tried many BIOS configurations (OC, not OC, Defaults Settings, everything on Auto, XMP/Manual, etc) and I still getting this blue screen error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
The only new hardware in this machine is the motherboard, ASRock Z77 Extreme 4, since my old one, Asus P8Z68-V Pro does not work anymore. I had no problem with the Asus motherboard.... Still, I might doing something wrong.

Memory: [ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD - http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=370
CPU LGA1155 i7 2600k
VGA ATI AMD Radeon 5850
Power Supply XFX Black Edition 750W
SSD Cosair Force Series 3

I think there is somehow to check the Minidump? How do I do that? Would it help to solve the problem?
Windows does not collect the error info, keeps (0% complete).

I would appreciate very much if someone helps me fixing it.

Edit: I tried to read the dmp file... http://imageshack.us/a/img19/4470/bugqr.png


Edited again: I just installed Windows 8 again and nothing else, no drivers inf, nothing... the only thing I did was Windows Update and run Prime95... Still getting the same error: http://imageshack.us/a/img12/6701/errorzqg.png
Edited by CyberSRS - 10/7/12 at 7:01pm
post #1458 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Hi there!
I have been looking at this guide, and would like to thank you for writing it.
+reped
However, I'm facing some OC'ing issues - here's my specs:
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel i7 3770K
MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti Power Edition
Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz 9-9-9-24
Corsair AX750
Antec H2O 920
120GB Corsair ForceGT SSD
I'm trying to get to around 4.2-4.5ghz - however always seem to be having problems.
I ran a 17hr p95 on 4.2ghz, and it passed, but I haven't been able to get a higher clock for over 5hr testing
I've got several concerns and worries - but this is what I have in my bios at the moment:
XMP profile
Freq: 100.0
PLL overvoltage: Auto
CPU to DRAM: Auto
Mem freq: 1600mhz
Offset Mode @ + 0.10
DRAM Voltage @ 1.50v
DRAM timings: 9-9-9-24-2
CPU ratio: 42
Intel speedstep tech: Enabled
Load-lin Calibration: High (50%)
CPU vol freq: Auto
CPU Phase control: Extreme
CPU power duty control: T.Probe
CPU current capability: 140%
CPU power thermal control: 130
CPU power response control: auto
DRAM current capability: 130%
DRAM voltage frequency: Auto
Dram Power Phase control: Extreme
DRAM Power thermal control: 110
CPU C1E: Enabled
CPU C3: Disabled
CPU C6: Disabled
Package C state support: Disabled
Other stuff:
High precision Timer: Disabled
Intel rapid start technology: Disabled
ISCT Config: Disabled
Network Stack: Disabled
Now I was recommended by a friend to go for LLC on Regular (0%) & C1E with speedstep disabled.
I would love any input! smile.gif

I don't know what voltage you require at 4.2, but it seems like all you need is more Vcore to go higher. Just increase Vcore till stable, provided you can keep temps under 85'ish.
Silent Steel
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 5.0Ghz Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Gigabyte GTX 460 OC Corsair Vengence 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 64Bit SP1 Asus VE247H 
PowerMouse
Antec HCG-M 620W Steelseries Kana 
  hide details  
Reply
Silent Steel
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 5.0Ghz Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Gigabyte GTX 460 OC Corsair Vengence 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB NZXT Havik 140 Windows 7 64Bit SP1 Asus VE247H 
PowerMouse
Antec HCG-M 620W Steelseries Kana 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1459 of 9601
Hi everyone. I just made the switch to intel. So, this might be a stupid question, but the guide says to increase the turbo boost. Do I increase the vcore too? I assumed I was supposed to increase both, so I have been, but I seem to be getting more and more unstable.
 
Hackintosh
(15 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X ASUS Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1TB Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Blue WD10EZEX 3TB Seagate 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2TB Seagate Barracuda ASUS Burner NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller Corsair H100i V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Samsung 40" 1080p Nixeus Moda v2 Brown Switches Rosewill HIVE 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Razer Mamba TE Corsair MM200 Extended Edition Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 Gigabyte Z170M-D3H EVGA GTX 660 SC Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 840 EVO Lightscribe! Corsair H55 
CoolingOSOSKeyboard
NZXT Sentry Mix 2 OS X El Capitain Windows 10 Pro 64bit Apple Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CX550M NZXT Tempest 410 Apple Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Hackintosh
(15 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
R7 1700X ASUS Crosshair VI Hero EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1TB Blue WD10EZEX 1TB Blue WD10EZEX 3TB Seagate 250GB Samsung 850 EVO 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
2TB Seagate Barracuda ASUS Burner NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller Corsair H100i V2 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Samsung 40" 1080p Nixeus Moda v2 Brown Switches Rosewill HIVE 750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D Razer Mamba TE Corsair MM200 Extended Edition Asus Xonar DG 
Audio
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 Speakers 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i3 6100 Gigabyte Z170M-D3H EVGA GTX 660 SC Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Samsung 840 EVO Lightscribe! Corsair H55 
CoolingOSOSKeyboard
NZXT Sentry Mix 2 OS X El Capitain Windows 10 Pro 64bit Apple Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CX550M NZXT Tempest 410 Apple Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1460 of 9601
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mat459 View Post

Hi everyone. I just made the switch to intel. So, this might be a stupid question, but the guide says to increase the turbo boost. Do I increase the vcore too? I assumed I was supposed to increase both, so I have been, but I seem to be getting more and more unstable.

Use offset mode.

Leave the offset at +0.005v and increase the Turbo Voltage only.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*