Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 614

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #6131 of 9531
running atm 4.2gz with asrock z77pro3+i3570k+genesis+8gb crucial 1333. but havent realy changed anything on voltage settings what so ever. can someone throw some numbers/bios settings for me maybe?








Edited by jeri - 5/2/13 at 11:54pm
post #6132 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeri View Post

running atm 4.2gz with asrock z77pro3+i3570k+genesis+8gb crucial 1333. but havent realy changed anything on voltage settings what so ever. can someone throw some numbers/bios settings for me maybe?
check the first page of the guide. If you still need help, post up some pics of your BIOS and we can help you out!

to take a pic in bios: format a thumb drive in FAT32 and hit f12 in bios.
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6133 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

Cool, let us know what happens with the ram.

As for lower vcore... This is the thing with 22nm, temps are very critical because with higher temps, more electrons get "off the reservation" so, we add more vcore... Which makes more heat and so on. Unless you fix intels mistake (poor TIM under the IHS) or use a chiller, you will get caught in this unproductive loop. Sin082 made a great attempt measuring a surrogate of this effect (power per clock per temp).

Did you delid the other 3770k you have?

You may shave off a few degrees with bios tweeks (like v low cpu PLL), but controling a 3770k at 50x and 1.4+ volts, will take more than a good block mount and waterloop.
The problem is, with the temps going so high and the chip already reaching 100°C after 15minutes of prim, he can't even be sure that his settings are really stable at the moment. It could require a whole lot more Vcore to stabilize that for good. Also, did you check for WHEA errors in the event viewer?

If you really want to harness the real power of that chip, there's basically no way around deliding it and applying a liquid metal thermal interface to the Die. Deliding alone might yield you a few mV.
You can also try various settings of PLL or VTT. Sometimes finding the sweet spot for these secondary voltages enables you to shave off a few mV of the Vcore, but finding this sweet spot can be pretty tedious work.
post #6134 of 9531
Does anyone have any experience with both the extreme4-m and M5G? I'd also like to figure out if I would experience any gains from using the M5G instead.
GameBox
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Asus maximus v gene  GTX 680 Lightning 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro x2 Raid 0 500Gb VelociRaptor  Alphacool VP655 Alphacool VP655 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Swiftech MCR220-XP Swiftech MCR220-XP Window 7 64 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860i Mountain Mods H2Go Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Invicta 
Audio
Astro A40 
  hide details  
Reply
GameBox
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Asus maximus v gene  GTX 680 Lightning 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro x2 Raid 0 500Gb VelociRaptor  Alphacool VP655 Alphacool VP655 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Swiftech MCR220-XP Swiftech MCR220-XP Window 7 64 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860i Mountain Mods H2Go Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Invicta 
Audio
Astro A40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6135 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonium View Post

The problem is, with the temps going so high and the chip already reaching 100°C after 15minutes of prim, he can't even be sure that his settings are really stable at the moment. It could require a whole lot more Vcore to stabilize that for good. Also, did you check for WHEA errors in the event viewer?

If you really want to harness the real power of that chip, there's basically no way around deliding it and applying a liquid metal thermal interface to the Die. Deliding alone might yield you a few mV.
You can also try various settings of PLL or VTT. Sometimes finding the sweet spot for these secondary voltages enables you to shave off a few mV of the Vcore, but finding this sweet spot can be pretty tedious work.

absolutely... but put down the blade, and pick up the hammer! biggrin.gif

http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade
Edited by Jpmboy - 5/2/13 at 2:58pm
x99
(26 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
x299
(10 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanXp 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
2 GTX Titan X Pascal GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival 
AudioOther
Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7740X ASUS Rampage Apex Various G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe Custom Water Windows 10 Razor Black Widow 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1000 Platinum, Corsair 1500i none :-) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(26 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
x299
(10 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanXp 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
2 GTX Titan X Pascal GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival 
AudioOther
Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7740X ASUS Rampage Apex Various G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe Custom Water Windows 10 Razor Black Widow 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1000 Platinum, Corsair 1500i none :-) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6136 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmboy View Post

absolutely... but put down the blade, and pick up the hammer! biggrin.gif

http://www.overclock.net/t/1376206/how-to-delid-your-ivy-bridge-cpu-with-out-a-razor-blade

I don't think ill be going that route. I used the razor before and feel pretty confident about it.
GameBox
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Asus maximus v gene  GTX 680 Lightning 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro x2 Raid 0 500Gb VelociRaptor  Alphacool VP655 Alphacool VP655 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Swiftech MCR220-XP Swiftech MCR220-XP Window 7 64 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860i Mountain Mods H2Go Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Invicta 
Audio
Astro A40 
  hide details  
Reply
GameBox
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k Asus maximus v gene  GTX 680 Lightning 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2800Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro x2 Raid 0 500Gb VelociRaptor  Alphacool VP655 Alphacool VP655 
CoolingCoolingOSKeyboard
Swiftech MCR220-XP Swiftech MCR220-XP Window 7 64 Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX860i Mountain Mods H2Go Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Invicta 
Audio
Astro A40 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6137 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGR4Y3DD View Post

I don't think ill be going that route. I used the razor before and feel pretty confident about it.
which ever you are more comfortable with... as spoon said, that new chip deserves it!
x99
(26 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
x299
(10 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanXp 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
2 GTX Titan X Pascal GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival 
AudioOther
Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7740X ASUS Rampage Apex Various G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe Custom Water Windows 10 Razor Black Widow 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1000 Platinum, Corsair 1500i none :-) 
  hide details  
Reply
x99
(26 items)
 
z170/z270
(27 items)
 
x299
(10 items)
 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7 5960X i7 6950X Asus Rampage V Extreme (STD and model-10) 2 GTX TitanXp 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
2 GTX Titan X Pascal GSkill 3200c14 TZs 8x8GB @ 3400c13 Intel 750 NVMe 400GB 2x Plextor SSD 256 Raid 0 (Win 7) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung NVMe 950 Pro M.2 Plextor 810 Aquacomputer GiGant 1680 (4x420) external Rad XSPC RX360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Koolance 380i Laing DDC-1T (2) Koolance EXC-800 Chiller Windows 10 x64  
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Pro Linux Mint ASUS Swift 1440P 144Hz Seiki 50" 4K monitor (720P-2160i) 240-30Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Das Keyboard Model S Pro Corsair AX1500i MicroCool Banchetto 101 Steelseries Rival 
AudioOther
Ultimate Ears TF10 Koolance Pump/Fan Controller 
CPUCPUCPUMotherboard
i5 6600K i7 7700K i3 7350 ASUS Max iX APEX, Asrock MOCF, M8Impact 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsRAM
ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo ASUS GTX 960 Mini EVGA GTX 550Ti G.Skill 3600c15 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill 4266c19 Samsung SM951 WD VR 300 Intel 750 NVMe U.2 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin 512 Intel 600 NVMe Raid0 Plextor DVD ROM Custom Water (Koolance 380i / XSPC 360v2) 
CoolingOSOSOS
Corsair H80iV2 (M8I) Windows 10 Pro Window 7 Linux Mint 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Seiki 4K AOC 1080P Ducky Cherry Black Silverstone 500W SFX form factor/ Seasonic 760W 
CaseMouseAudio
Bench Logitech G700s Ultimate Ears TF10s 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
7740X ASUS Rampage Apex Various G.Skill 3600c15 2x8GB kits 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 960 Pro, NVMe Custom Water Windows 10 Razor Black Widow 
PowerCase
Seasonic 1000 Platinum, Corsair 1500i none :-) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6138 of 9531
Hello all. I've been trying to get my system working and have been having issues. Here's the post from a thread I started. I was told to post it here as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimomono View Post

I've got a couple questions on what to do with my build. I've run into a couple kinks involving cooling and overclocking and general troubleshooting.

I just upgraded my system to a 3570k, ASRock extreme4, and 8gb corsair vengeance 1866.

The motherboard has been fighting me and has seemed very glitchy since I've gotten it.
I was somehow able to update the bios over lan, but it won't connect using the lan port at any other time other than when I'm in the bios. It was a nightmare trying to get it to connect to wifi with my adapter as well.
Finally I had a breakthrough with the wifi and could get all the firmware I needed, but the lan port still doesn't work, and everything still seems to run slow. I've read quite a bit on this board being faulty. It may just be me though.

My fresh install of Win7 has been running glitchy and slow as well. I'm going to run Memcheck for a while tonight and see if that shows anything. I'll get back with the results on that later.

All that aside, I'm trying to find a cooling solution for my CPU. So far I've looked into the D14 and the Phanteks, but as i've come to understand, they won't fit over my ram with the heat sinks on. I've also considered the H100 route, but i'm not sure if I would rather just go custom WC or not.

Any help or suggestions on any or all of this would be greatly appreciated. I'de like to see what this system can do, and I'm starting to get restless with trying to figure it out.

And just a quick update:

I've boot into memcheck86 and ran a couple of passes. On the first pass, everything was fine. On the second pass, I got around 20 errors. On the third pass, I got a few errors, but I had to run out before it finished. There seems to be a bit of variance here on detected errors?

Also, before I started all this, I reset my BIOS and made sure I had all the latest drivers and updates for all I was running, but Windows is still showing one unknown item in the hardware manager. I updated my BIOS over LAN before I had reset it, but haven't tried it since. Also, the video card I'm currently running is a gtx 465 and has been having artifact problems, but I'm RMAing it to evga. I'm going to pull it out tonight to get it ready to be sent off and plug my monitor into the MB. I'm also going to try reseating the RAM tonight when I get home to see if that helps.

If I can't get it all to work, I'm going to try to exchange the RAM, MB, or both. The store is about an hour away, though. frown.gif So I'd prefer not to have to do that!

If anyone has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.
post #6139 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimomono View Post

Hello all. I've been trying to get my system working and have been having issues. Here's the post from a thread I started. I was told to post it here as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimomono View Post

I've got a couple questions on what to do with my build. I've run into a couple kinks involving cooling and overclocking and general troubleshooting.

I just upgraded my system to a 3570k, ASRock extreme4, and 8gb corsair vengeance 1866.

The motherboard has been fighting me and has seemed very glitchy since I've gotten it.
I was somehow able to update the bios over lan, but it won't connect using the lan port at any other time other than when I'm in the bios. It was a nightmare trying to get it to connect to wifi with my adapter as well.
Finally I had a breakthrough with the wifi and could get all the firmware I needed, but the lan port still doesn't work, and everything still seems to run slow. I've read quite a bit on this board being faulty. It may just be me though.

My fresh install of Win7 has been running glitchy and slow as well. I'm going to run Memcheck for a while tonight and see if that shows anything. I'll get back with the results on that later.

All that aside, I'm trying to find a cooling solution for my CPU. So far I've looked into the D14 and the Phanteks, but as i've come to understand, they won't fit over my ram with the heat sinks on. I've also considered the H100 route, but i'm not sure if I would rather just go custom WC or not.

Any help or suggestions on any or all of this would be greatly appreciated. I'de like to see what this system can do, and I'm starting to get restless with trying to figure it out.

And just a quick update:

I've boot into memcheck86 and ran a couple of passes. On the first pass, everything was fine. On the second pass, I got around 20 errors. On the third pass, I got a few errors, but I had to run out before it finished. There seems to be a bit of variance here on detected errors?

Also, before I started all this, I reset my BIOS and made sure I had all the latest drivers and updates for all I was running, but Windows is still showing one unknown item in the hardware manager. I updated my BIOS over LAN before I had reset it, but haven't tried it since. Also, the video card I'm currently running is a gtx 465 and has been having artifact problems, but I'm RMAing it to evga. I'm going to pull it out tonight to get it ready to be sent off and plug my monitor into the MB. I'm also going to try reseating the RAM tonight when I get home to see if that helps.

If I can't get it all to work, I'm going to try to exchange the RAM, MB, or both. The store is about an hour away, though. frown.gif So I'd prefer not to have to do that!

If anyone has any other suggestions I would greatly appreciate the help.

More than likely that one piece of hardware is intel smart connect...useless for desktops. RMA those puppies, but if your still not convinced, tried reseating all of them like super 100% for sure locked in beyond a shadow of a doubt and try again. You also might be able to isolate which stick it is, but that wont help much considering they were purchased as a set and will need to be RMA'd as a set.
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6140 of 9531
In terms of cooling, feel free to remove the heat spreaders of your RAM modules (once you've verified they're not faulty of course).
They're really just for show for the main part, unless you really want to go into heavy memory overclocking.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*