Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 629

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #6281 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanoldman View Post

What WHEA error do you see exactly, what does it say and what folder is it in?

It says volume manager and wlan usually those 2 but after a while I get 0 errors so I'm not sure :S
Only after restart I get it and even on a stock setting after I reset my bios I still get that and after a while using it its gone and I get no errors so Im not sure whats wrong.

Here is a photo of it as of now


Edited by 2slick4u - 5/9/13 at 5:32pm
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6282 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

I believe your board has a near identical BIOS as mine:
This a real vanilla overclock for 4.3, I would say you have a 90% chance of this being stable right off the bat, but it depends on the individual chip, so no promises. If its not stable you can add turbo voltage in .004 increments. You will need to test using Prime95 from the first post. Its raining and I am broke to take the wife out tonight, so I will be around for a bit if you need further assistance.
4.3 Vanilla Overclock (Click to show)





Edit to add: keep an eye on temperatures 98C will throttle and should be considered a fail. Report back what your max temp and voltage is!

Using these vanilla settings, this is what i got running prime for only 5 mins: VCore, and temps under load (Click to show)

]

Im not sure what to exactly look for in regards to if the voltage is okay, and what not. The temps never creeped up above 80 deg. What do you guys think? Ima try to push it to 4.5 Ghz, and if i do that, what should i add to it/change in the BIOS settings/

Another thing: My memory isnt registering at 1866 Mhz.
Memory speed (CPU-Z) (Click to show)


What am i doing wrong and what should i fix to get the memory up to par? Ill take a pic of the memory settings in the BIOS in a sec.
post #6283 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh3perd View Post

Using these vanilla settings, this is what i got running prime for only 5 mins: VCore, and temps under load (Click to show)

]

Im not sure what to exactly look for in regards to if the voltage is okay, and what not. The temps never creeped up above 80 deg. What do you guys think? Ima try to push it to 4.5 Ghz, and if i do that, what should i add to it/change in the BIOS settings/

Another thing: My memory isnt registering at 1866 Mhz.
Memory speed (CPU-Z) (Click to show)


What am i doing wrong and what should i fix to get the memory up to par? Ill take a pic of the memory settings in the BIOS in a sec.

For your memory it is running at 1866mhz 1:7 933mhz mean your sticks are running 1866!
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6284 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post

For your memory it is running at 1866mhz 1:7 933mhz mean your sticks are running 1866!

*sighs* for my sake, i wish stupidity could be cured. biggrin.gif

thanks for the info. xD
post #6285 of 9531
Anyone think they can give some advice on this, trying to figure out "that" voltage for Ivy Bridge. What I mean by that voltage is each chip I've had in the past 7 years has had a specific voltage setting that would be advised not to go over. Starting on my Q6600 I believe it was 1.55 or 1.6v, then on my Phenom II x6 it was 1.5v.

These were voltages that in the BIOS, it would be the beginning of the "red zone" of voltages.

I missed out on Sandy Bridge completely, and haven't had anything Intel since the Q6600, so I don't know what those voltages are for those chips, but what is it for Ivy Bridge?

What is the red zone voltage that you should not use for 24/7 usage if you don't want to burn out your chip. I am not concerned about temps, I am concerned about too much overvoltage causing electromigration.
post #6286 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post

It says volume manager and wlan usually those 2 but after a while I get 0 errors so I'm not sure :S
Only after restart I get it and even on a stock setting after I reset my bios I still get that and after a while using it its gone and I get no errors so Im not sure whats wrong.
That is not the info to see what is going on.
Click on Custom Views then click Administrative events. That is one folder to watch, you need to see exactly what specific error is ocuring.
The other folder to watch is the Errors folder of Kernal-WHEA which is found under Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->Windows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post

Anyone think they can give some advice on this, trying to figure out "that" voltage for Ivy Bridge. What I mean by that voltage is each chip I've had in the past 7 years has had a specific voltage setting that would be advised not to go over. Starting on my Q6600 I believe it was 1.55 or 1.6v, then on my Phenom II x6 it was 1.5v.

These were voltages that in the BIOS, it would be the beginning of the "red zone" of voltages.

I missed out on Sandy Bridge completely, and haven't had anything Intel since the Q6600, so I don't know what those voltages are for those chips, but what is it for Ivy Bridge?

What is the red zone voltage that you should not use for 24/7 usage if you don't want to burn out your chip. I am not concerned about temps, I am concerned about too much overvoltage causing electromigration.
Depends a lot on temps. 1.4v is ok with great temps, but not ok if you are at 90c. I wouldn’t go over 1.5v or so even with good temps for 24/7. Under 1.35v you shouldn’t have to worry too much. Electromigration is always happening, we just speed it up with increased voltage and heat.
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6287 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkL3AD3R View Post

Anyone think they can give some advice on this, trying to figure out "that" voltage for Ivy Bridge. What I mean by that voltage is each chip I've had in the past 7 years has had a specific voltage setting that would be advised not to go over. Starting on my Q6600 I believe it was 1.55 or 1.6v, then on my Phenom II x6 it was 1.5v.

These were voltages that in the BIOS, it would be the beginning of the "red zone" of voltages.

I missed out on Sandy Bridge completely, and haven't had anything Intel since the Q6600, so I don't know what those voltages are for those chips, but what is it for Ivy Bridge?

What is the red zone voltage that you should not use for 24/7 usage if you don't want to burn out your chip. I am not concerned about temps, I am concerned about too much overvoltage causing electromigration.

As long as you don't go over 1.4 to 1.5 you should be fine~
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6288 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by justanoldman View Post

That is not the info to see what is going on.
Click on Custom Views then click Administrative events. That is one folder to watch, you need to see exactly what specific error is ocuring.
The other folder to watch is the Errors folder of Kernal-WHEA which is found under Applications and Services Logs->Microsoft->Windows.
Depends a lot on temps. 1.4v is ok with great temps, but not ok if you are at 90c. I wouldn’t go over 1.5v or so even with good temps for 24/7. Under 1.35v you shouldn’t have to worry too much. Electromigration is always happening, we just speed it up with increased voltage and heat.



It is mainly these errors and warnings I'm getting.
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6289 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick4u View Post


It is mainly these errors and warnings I'm getting.
A WHEA error says WHEA in it, none of those errors may mean anything about your overclock. You still need to look in the other Kernal-WHEA folder I mentioned. You need to google all of them and figure out what they are, many can just be related to missing drivers or you have something enabled like wireless or Bluetooth that is not being used.

Unless you are experiencing instabilities while using the machine or you see a WHEA even in one of the two folders I mentioned there may not be anything wrong with your oc.
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivy 5.0
(14 items)
 
Ivy 4.8
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k 5.0 24/7 Maximus V Formula EVGA GTX 690 G.Skill Trident X 2400 (2x8gb) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Pioneer BD-RW Swiftech H220 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2 x NEC 30" Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 NZXT Switch 810 
MouseAudio
Logitech G9x Logitech G51 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6290 of 9531
I'm not sure where to find the WHEA KERNAL folder..
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
Monster X99 Build
(19 items)
 
Workstation
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520  X58 Chipset PNY Nvidia Quadro 4000 15GB ECC DDR3  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda 250GB NCQ Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB Stock Windows 7 Professional x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 Stock 475W 80 Plus Bronze HP 
MouseAudio
Stock Realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*