Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 679

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #6781 of 9531
Sorry if this has been asked or resolved before but I don't think I can search through all those pages of posts. I'm starting to OC and managed to get a stable multiplier of 44 with offset voltage +0.005v. I am currently on the "Starting off..." section and the guide says "Set the Offset to +0.005v. Set the Turbo Boost to +0.004v.". So I got the offset correct but I can't even find the Turbo Boost Voltage option, and the guide says that's the voltage I need to increase, but I can't actually see it. Is the Offset voltage an okay substitute to increase?
My motherboard is an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 with BIOS version 2.8 (up to date). So I don't know what to do now because I don't want to risk doing something I'm not sure of.
post #6782 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderverse View Post

Sorry if this has been asked or resolved before but I don't think I can search through all those pages of posts. I'm starting to OC and managed to get a stable multiplier of 44 with offset voltage +0.005v. I am currently on the "Starting off..." section and the guide says "Set the Offset to +0.005v. Set the Turbo Boost to +0.004v.". So I got the offset correct but I can't even find the Turbo Boost Voltage option, and the guide says that's the voltage I need to increase, but I can't actually see it. Is the Offset voltage an okay substitute to increase?
My motherboard is an Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 with BIOS version 2.8 (up to date). So I don't know what to do now because I don't want to risk doing something I'm not sure of.
No need to apologize, I had the same question when I started out haha. Look where it says 'additional turbo voltage.' That is the "turbo boost." It should be set to auto by default. It would be really odd if you didn't have it for some reason.. wth.gif
post #6783 of 9531
Thanks! Now I have my multiplier at 44 and the rest of the settings are just as the guide says. I was able to get pass 1 hour of Prime95 with no fatal errors or BSODS. One core did hit exactly 90C but most of the time they were around 70-75C. The rest of the time they were about 80-85C. It is a stress test so I hope that hitting exactly optimal is okay and is not an indication of my average temps for use (gaming), correct?

Did I get a decent overclock of 4.4 gHz with my i7 3770k given my settings and temperature output?
I forgot to mention I have a Hyper 212 Evo on it.
Edited by Enderverse - 7/20/13 at 3:31am
post #6784 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderverse View Post

Thanks! Now I have my multiplier at 44 and the rest of the settings are just as the guide says. I was able to get pass 1 hour of Prime95 with no fatal errors or BSODS. One core did hit exactly 90C but most of the time they were around 70-75C. The rest of the time they were about 80-85C. It is a stress test so I hope that hitting exactly optimal is okay and is not an indication of my average temps for use (gaming), correct?

Did I get a decent overclock of 4.4 gHz with my i7 3770k given my settings and temperature output?
I forgot to mention I have a Hyper 212 Evo on it.

Really need know what the vcore is to know if it's good or not
post #6785 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderverse View Post

Thanks! Now I have my multiplier at 44 and the rest of the settings are just as the guide says. I was able to get pass 1 hour of Prime95 with no fatal errors or BSODS. One core did hit exactly 90C but most of the time they were around 70-75C. The rest of the time they were about 80-85C. It is a stress test so I hope that hitting exactly optimal is okay and is not an indication of my average temps for use (gaming), correct?

Did I get a decent overclock of 4.4 gHz with my i7 3770k given my settings and temperature output?
I forgot to mention I have a Hyper 212 Evo on it.

I would recommend running it longer then an hour on P95
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6786 of 9531
Yup I'd run it for a little longer. And yes, you won't see those temps in any normal use.
post #6787 of 9531
Alright so I reran Prime 95 for 8 hours and got the same results. I think the volts used is 1.276v. Not sure if that's good or bad.
post #6788 of 9531
Hi! I need some help,

Earlier I followed this guide and overclocked my i5 2500k, but with my new i7 2700k there is a problem. The multiplier refuses to go over 39 in windows, even if I set it to 40, 41, 42 or anything the multiplier still stays on 39 when I boot. I have the same motherboard as when I used the i5, a Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 . Anyone got any ideas what can be wrong?
post #6789 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoowwa View Post

Hi! I need some help,

Earlier I followed this guide and overclocked my i5 2500k, but with my new i7 2700k there is a problem. The multiplier refuses to go over 39 in windows, even if I set it to 40, 41, 42 or anything the multiplier still stays on 39 when I boot. I have the same motherboard as when I used the i5, a Asrock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 . Anyone got any ideas what can be wrong?

Are you sure its a K series? Can you post up bios screen shots of your settings? (format a flash drive in FAT32, Rebooting into bios, Hit F12)
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6790 of 9531
Yes, it is a K series! Screenshots (Click to show)



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*