Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 73

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #721 of 9487
this could be not nice for you guys because i'm a little crazy hahah, anyway i run 5 linx cycles at memory all, voltage is 1,368v (i merged offset and turbo to get exactly that voltage) and now the temperatures.... 95-102-101-96 biggrin.gif
post #722 of 9487
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNAPx View Post

this could be not nice for you guys because i'm a little crazy hahah, anyway i run 5 linx cycles at memory all, voltage is 1,368v (i merged offset and turbo to get exactly that voltage) and now the temperatures.... 95-102-101-96 biggrin.gif


unplug it unplug it now you that cpu its about to fry and blow in your face jerry.gifproof.gifgunner.gifdevil.gif
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
post #723 of 9487
naaaah the tjmax is 105....rolleyes.gif
post #724 of 9487
Anyway here are scrrenshots

338

338

Linx is very bastard test, give you a lot of bsod and crash when you pass 5 linx cycles you can say you're pretty stable for any use, and also linx give you the opportunity to know the real limit of your cpu, mine is 4,7Ghz i can't go further unless i spent more money in cooling (better thermal paste, better waterblock... ihs removal rolleyes.gif)

in prime i actually running at 84-86-87-80 degrees
post #725 of 9487
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNAPx View Post

Anyway here are scrrenshots
338
338
Linx is very bastard test, give you a lot of bsod and crash when you pass 5 linx cycles you can say you're pretty stable for any use, and also linx give you the opportunity to know the real limit of your cpu, mine is 4,7Ghz i can't go further unless i spent more money in cooling (better thermal paste, better waterblock... ihs removal rolleyes.gif)
in prime i actually running at 84-86-87-80 degrees


in what i know your temps are 105 this is no Tjmax, TJMAX are the numbers on top OMG bigeyedsmiley.png
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Hawk
(25 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4770k - 13 B 666 Asus Maximus VI Formula 1080 SeaHawk EK | K|NGP|N  G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
SAMSUNG 830 128GB raiD 0 rx 360 rx240 rx240 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Ek-Res X3 250mm Swiftech MCP35X2 COUGAR CF-V12HPB Vortex Lamptron FC9 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Bitspower compression fittings koolance CPU 370 Windows 10 Pro Acer XB271HU ‑ 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quick fire TK EVGA 1300g2 Corsair 800D MoDeD G502 
Mouse PadAudioOtherOther
Rosewill REACT XL Creative Sound Blaster Z Sennheiser HD 555  AKG K267 
Other
M-Audio BX5a 
  hide details  
Reply
post #726 of 9487
??? which numbers?
post #727 of 9487
Ok .... 1 hour down using xNapx's settings, looking good so far. Gonna try leave prime run for the night and try out a few games tomorrow before I get too excited tho!

+rep to you both for your help guys! thumb.gif


375
post #728 of 9487
My be a silly question but having being that this is my first Intel build, does the core voltage increase when you increase your multiplier? Was at 1.08 at stock, working my way up and at 37x my voltage is now showing 1.184 - 1.192.
TJ-08
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme-4M Saphire 6770 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128gb WD Black 640gb Broken Asus H60 Push/Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro Acer 23 / Panasonic 720 Logitech Corsair 750tx 
CaseMouse
TJ-08e Logitech 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2630QM Lenovo HM65 Socket 988B Nvidia GT555M G.Skill 1333 8GB 
Hard DriveOS
Intel 320 W7 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
TJ-08
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme-4M Saphire 6770 G.Skill Sniper 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 128gb WD Black 640gb Broken Asus H60 Push/Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
W7 Pro Acer 23 / Panasonic 720 Logitech Corsair 750tx 
CaseMouse
TJ-08e Logitech 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2630QM Lenovo HM65 Socket 988B Nvidia GT555M G.Skill 1333 8GB 
Hard DriveOS
Intel 320 W7 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #729 of 9487
yeah the vcore voltage raise up according to the needs of your cpu, that's on default value, in overclock it's a little bit different
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian18741 View Post

Ok .... 1 hour down using xNapx's settings, looking good so far. Gonna try leave prime run for the night and try out a few games tomorrow before I get too excited tho!
+rep to you both for your help guys! thumb.gif
375

thumb.gif

1 Hour Prime Blend

338
Edited by xNAPx - 6/9/12 at 7:14pm
post #730 of 9487
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

This Make sure you hit save till the end .
Nice job and here we go i had not done Prime95 yet but i had done all IBT test and passes and all SPI test and passed for about 1 hour and 30 min testing i just had a crash on my Offset 0.004 and i upped a bit to 0.010v and done no crash at all this all i have for now and like i said ^^
450
450
450
450
as you can see the time clock below this pics was taken early but this settings still the same.
450
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyn3t View Post

This Make sure you hit save till the end .
Nice job and here we go i had not done Prime95 yet but i had done all IBT test and passes and all SPI test and passed for about 1 hour and 30 min testing i just had a crash on my Offset 0.004 and i upped a bit to 0.010v and done no crash at all this all i have for now and like i said ^^
450
450
450
450
as you can see the time clock below this pics was taken early but this settings still the same.
450

I already had one set up here

474
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*