Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 734

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #7331 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxish View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

You have plenty of room for additional voltage and could likely stabilize 4.8-5.0 if you upgrade your cooling solution. With your current set-up 4.5-4.6 might be about as far as you can go and maintain comfortable temperatures.

Then again...there is always the free temperature drop if you have the constitution

I've wanted to delid for a long time now, but I'm in no place to replace it if I **** it up, so for not, I'm staying safe.
What kind of upgrade do you think is necessary? I was looking at the H100, it's going for a decent deal, the only other thing I've been looking at is the Noctua NH-D14, but because I have high profile ram, I'd have to move the ram over for it to fit.
What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 23 View Post

I would set LLC to Level 3 or 2. What is your idle vcore in CPU-z? What multiplier are you trying to reach?

You will definitely want to run Prime 95 longer then 30 minutes for final stability test. I ran mine for 8 hours but others recommend 12. thumb.gif

Right now, my Core Voltage as I sit here typing is hovering around 0.912v to 0.920v.
I'd love to reach 5Ghz, wouldn't be interested in going any higher than that.

Can you please explain how I'm supposed to know whether to up my LLC or not? I don't really understand how I'm supposed to know.

LLC:

Intel designed Vdroop into the chips for a good reason, so completely defeating it is not always a good thing. I look at it like merging onto a highway. When you first turn onto the highway, you have to mash the gas a little harder to get up to the speed you are trying to reach. Once you reach that speed, you can ease off the gas a little to maintain, you dont need to mash it as hard as you did when you were on the on ramp. Same thing with your chip, when it increases speed, a little extra voltage is good to ensure that the speeds between idle and turbo have the juice they need, once it reaches max speed, it can droop a little and still maintain speed. If you are merging onto a slow moving silicon highway, you can let the processor droop more. But if you are going balls to the wall, then you want to defeat as much of that vdroop as you can so your chip doesnt drop out. LLC 4-5 is good up to 43x or so, 3-2 is good for 44-47, and 1 should be reserved for 4.8+. These are just rough estimates from working with my chip and your results may vary.

Your cooler:

Anything that you can do to get your temperatures down will allow your processor to stretch its legs further. Under 1.2V and already at 75C? not really stellar results, fine for every day use, but it doesnt leave much headroom to push on. Your voltage, on the other hand, is low enough that you can push forward, provided you find a way to keep temps where they are now. A tad higher would still be acceptable too. The h100i gets good reviews, but I have never owned one. I did a custom EK loop, dellided, and use a naked mount...I run 5.0 @ 1.4ish (hard to know for sure, my board has crappy voltage reporting) and never break 60C.

Stress Testing:

Lucky23 hit the nail on the head, stress testing for 30 minutes is fine for a quick dirty test before you move on to the next multiplier, but in order to be "stable," a considerably longer test is highly suggested, as you never know which instruction set it is that will make your chip show its needs.

Your chip:

You have an above average chip based upon your voltage requirements at 4.4, provided you follow the suggestions in regards to cooling, you might be able to get 4.7-4.8, anything higher than that and you will need to dellid and plan on getting a custom loop. As of right now, I would not suggest anything higher than 4.5 because you are close to the edge of the thermal comfort zone.


Hope any of that helps! thumb.gif
Edited by inedenimadam - 11/2/13 at 12:56pm
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7332 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

LLC:

Intel designed Vdroop into the chips for a good reason, so completely defeating it is not always a good thing. I look at it like merging onto a highway. When you first turn onto the highway, you have to mash the gas a little harder to get up to the speed you are trying to reach. Once you reach that speed, you can ease off the gas a little to maintain, you dont need to mash it as hard as you did when you were on the on ramp. Same thing with your chip, when it increases speed, a little extra voltage is good to ensure that the speeds between idle and turbo have the juice they need, once it reaches max speed, it can droop a little and still maintain speed. If you are merging onto a slow moving silicon highway, you can let the processor droop more. But if you are going balls to the wall, then you want to defeat as much of that vdroop as you can so your chip doesnt drop out. LLC 4-5 is good up to 43x or so, 3-2 is good for 44-47, and 1 should be reserved for 4.8+. These are just rough estimates from working with my chip and your results may vary.

Your cooler:

Anything that you can do to get your temperatures down will allow your processor to stretch its legs further. Under 1.2V and already at 75C? not really stellar results, fine for every day use, but it doesnt leave much headroom to push on. Your voltage, on the other hand, is low enough that you can push forward, provided you find a way to keep temps where they are now. A tad higher would still be acceptable too. The h100i gets good reviews, but I have never owned one. I did a custom EK loop, dellided, and use a naked mount...I run 5.0 @ 1.4ish (hard to know for sure, my board has crappy voltage reporting) and never break 60C.

Stress Testing:

Lucky23 hit the nail on the head, stress testing for 30 minutes is fine for a quick dirty test before you move on to the next multiplier, but in order to be "stable," a considerably longer test is highly suggested, as you never know which instruction set it is that will make your chip show its needs.

Your chip:

You have an above average chip based upon your voltage requirements at 4.4, provided you follow the suggestions in regards to cooling, you might be able to get 4.7-4.8, anything higher than that and you will need to dellid and plan on getting a custom loop. As of right now, I would not suggest anything higher than 4.5 because you are close to the edge of the thermal comfort zone.


Hope any of that helps! thumb.gif

Thank you for all your help and advice.
I still don't entirely understand LLC, but I do have a better idea now.

I tried to get to 4.6GHz while you were writing, but I've now taken it back down to 4.5GHz with a +0.008 and it seems stable enough.
I'm going to run a half hour test now, and then run a longer one when I next go to sleep.

I'll buy a H100 then and replace my current cooler and see if I can get any higher.
I didn't know that I shouldn't break 60c, I though I was fine up to 80c. It does seem to average 60c, only peaked to 74c for about 5 seconds, maybe less.
I'll probably go custom loop and de-lid on my next build in a few years. For now, I'll stay safe and try not to break this lol.

I'll post back here in a week or so when the H100 arrives, if I need any help.

Thanks again for all your help, it's much appreciated.
post #7333 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxish View Post

IRight now, my Core Voltage as I sit here typing is hovering around 0.912v to 0.920v.
I'd love to reach 5Ghz, wouldn't be interested in going any higher than that.

Can you please explain how I'm supposed to know whether to up my LLC or not? I don't really understand how I'm supposed to know.

Thats a very good idle vcore. You will want to keep your offset where its at otherwise your idle vcore will increase. So now you will only want to increase additional turbo voltage to stabilize your full load vcore.

LLC minimizes Vdroop.

Unfortunately the newer bios versions that we have do not show full load vcore, instead it displays the current vcore that the CPU is using while in bios.

The older bios that came with my board would display the full load vcore. This is more useful because with this information you would be able to adjust you LLC level based on the amount of Vdroop you are receiving when looking at the voltage difference between bios and Prime 95

If you looking at the H100 or wanting to stay around the $100 range then look at the Glacer, CM's version of the H220
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103196&Tpk=glacer
Edited by Lucky 23 - 11/2/13 at 1:46pm
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7334 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 23 View Post

Thats a very good idle vcore. You will want to keep your offset where its at otherwise your idle vcore will increase. So now you will only want to increase additional turbo voltage to stabilize your full load vcore.

LLC minimizes Vdroop.

Unfortunately the newer bios versions that we have do not show full load vcore, instead it displays the current vcore that the CPU is using while in bios.

The older bios that came with my board would display the full load vcore. This is more useful because with this information you would be able to adjust you LLC level based on the amount of Vdroop you are receiving when looking at the voltage difference between bios and Prime 95

Sorry, I still don't understand LLC and I don't understand VDroop, I won't waste any more of your time on it though, I'll go back and read more information on LLC and VDroop until I understand.

I've just run a Prime95 at 4.5GHz for 30 minutes.
Hit 65c, 75c, 70c, 70c. Though it seemed to average around 60c.
I'll definitely be ordering the H100 tonight to balance things out.

Thank you for your help.
post #7335 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 23 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxish View Post

IRight now, my Core Voltage as I sit here typing is hovering around 0.912v to 0.920v.
I'd love to reach 5Ghz, wouldn't be interested in going any higher than that.

Can you please explain how I'm supposed to know whether to up my LLC or not? I don't really understand how I'm supposed to know.

Thats a very good idle vcore. You will want to keep your offset where its at otherwise your idle vcore will increase. So now you will only want to increase additional turbo voltage to stabilize your full load vcore.

LLC minimizes Vdroop.

Unfortunately the newer bios versions that we have do not show full load vcore, instead it displays the current vcore that the CPU is using while in bios.

The older bios that came with my board would display the full load vcore. This is more useful because with this information you would be able to adjust you LLC level based on the amount of Vdroop you are receiving when looking at the voltage difference between bios and Prime 95

If you looking at the H100 or wanting to stay around the $100 range then look at the Glacer, CM's version of the H220
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103196&Tpk=glacer

Thats what you are running right? It looks like a great way to jump into watercooling without cornering yourself into throwing out a cooler when you want to expand. I like your anti-kink solution as well. Thats a pretty slick watercooling setup for what is being marketed at the AIO market( it really isnt one though, is it?).
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7336 of 9531
I'm running the Eisberg another Cooler Master (alphacool) AIO. The Glacer is also expandable like the eisberg
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7337 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 23 View Post

I'm running the Eisberg another Cooler Master (alphacool) AIO. The Glacer is also expandable like the eisberg

I knew you had something like that. I didn't know that CM was making more than one line/name. I might look into something along those lines for my son's build, if/when we ever get around to it.

While I have you here...

Do you know why my computer wakes up from sleep but leaves the dispay blank? Like if it goes to sleep watching a youtube video, when I wake it I can hear the video, but the monitors are getting no signal...As of right now I just shut all the way down and leave sleep disabled, but it would be nice to have it working again. C-states in bios are just like in the guide C1E enabled, the rest disabled...5%minumum, 100%max...I dont get it...

any ideas?
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7338 of 9531
Honestly I'm not sure, sleep mode seemed to always cause some issue with all my systems. I disable it 100%.

Do you have an SSD + HDD or only HDD?

I only have a HDD. I always make it so the HDD does not sleep since this also seemed to cause problems
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7339 of 9531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 23 View Post

Honestly I'm not sure, sleep mode seemed to always cause some issue with all my systems. I disable it 100%.

Do you have an SSD + HDD or only HDD?

I only have a HDD. I always make it so the HDD does not sleep since this also seemed to cause problems

just a HDD for now. sleep is disabled 100%, and HDD does not sleep either. So no magic bullet?
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7340 of 9531
Not that i know of. Sorry
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
Z170 Build
(20 items)
 
Z68 Build
(20 items)
 
Lenovo T430
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 6700K @ 4.5ghz  Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 6 XFX R9 290x 8GB XFX R9 290x 8GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Gskill RipJaws V 16GB 3000mhz Samsung 850 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK R9 290X GPU Waterblocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM Pump Alphacool NexXxoS 360mm ST30 Alphacool NexXxoS 240mm ST30 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Alphacool NexXxoS 120mm ST30 Cooler Master Jetflo 120mm Fans Windows 10  LG 34UC88 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Quickfire TK red switch Cooler Master V1000 MasterCase Pro 5 CM Storm Havoc 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K @ 4.6ghz  ASRock Z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition ASUS 7870 Ghz Edition 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Gskill RipJaws X 16GB 1600mhz Seagate 2TB Seagate 320GB ASUS Burner 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Cooler Master Eisberg 240L + 120mm Rad Koolance 3/8 x 1/2 Compression Fittings PrimoChill Advanced LRT Windows 7  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Ubuntu 12.04 ASUS 24" Cooler Master Quickfire TK  Cooler Master V1000 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master HAF 932 Black Edition Cooler Master Havoc 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5-3210M  Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gskill 16GB 1600mhz  Crucial MX200 256GB 
Hard DriveOSOSMonitor
Seagate 320GB Ubuntu 16.04 Windows 10 1600x900 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*