Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition* - Page 923

Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Poll expired: Oct 17, 2012  
  • 80% (237)
    Yes (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 15% (45)
    Yes (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (and I DO have an ASRock motherboard).
  • 2% (7)
    No (but I DO NOT have an ASRock motherboard).
296 Total Votes  
post #9221 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaneLM View Post

I been trying to find one for weeks

Nothing anywhere
But I'm in Perth / oz
Not a big city really

Test ur CPU in another mobo first to make sure it's not the CPU having issues bro
The problem is where can I do that. I think I don't know anyone with that socket.
Edited by Piereligio - 9/24/16 at 1:52pm
post #9222 of 9601
bugger,
take it to a shop n pay the $50-$100

or run a thread here to find a local??...
post #9223 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaneLM View Post

bugger,
take it to a shop n pay the $50-$100

or run a thread here to find a local??...

I looked for some 1155 socket motherboard.. Way too expensive.
So now I'm overclocking my CPU tweaking the BCLK value (I did misunderstood you, before), but I can't get even close to my old stable 4.6-4.8GHz OC. Now I'm at stable 3.9 GHz, can't set more than 106 BCLK multiplier.
The CPU doesn't heat enough for my tastes, under full load. About 55° when benching. (I've a Thermalright Macho HR-02 air heatsink, a beast made for overclock u.u)
post #9224 of 9601
i feel for ya bro but dont give up

now ur SURE you didnt get a bios for a similar named board???
extreme 4 rev 3
etreme 4 rev 4

etc...

pull back the FCLK to see if you can get your BCLK up too i think is the way...
post #9225 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaneLM View Post

i feel for ya bro but dont give up

now ur SURE you didnt get a bios for a similar named board???
extreme 4 rev 3
etreme 4 rev 4

etc...

pull back the FCLK to see if you can get your BCLK up too i think is the way...

I'm sure that is the right BIOS, also because the problem started way before I tried to change the BIOS.
post #9226 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piereligio View Post

I'm sure that is the right BIOS, also because the problem started way before I tried to change the BIOS.


fair enough, just covering bases etc
post #9227 of 9601
Good morning!

Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone, especially kennyparker, for the contributions in this thread.

I referenced this one mainly and a couple others out to achieve a pretty decent OC on my i5 3570k and the z77 Extreme4. I reached 4.5 GHz at 1.25V (+0.005V Offset, +0.035V Turbo, Level 2 LLC).

I was a little sad, because I think I could push this chip harder, but with the voltage I need to apply to get stable at 4.5GHz pushes my Core 1 temp to right at 90C (this core always is roughly 5-8 degrees C higher), which is the "Optimal" threshold according to this guide.

I took some time to replace several fans and their configs to improve airflow, and reseated my H100i.

Initial hour run of OCCT - PSU (tests all components together) with my milder stable OC at 4.4GHz - 1.12V produced a max temp on Core 1 of 72C (at ~23C ambient).

Hopeful that my temps come down when I'm at 4.5 GHz. I don't feel super confident running this speed with temps pushing the upper limit. I feel good where I'm at now running 4.4, though.

Have opinions changed on what tests to run to prove stability of an OC? Prime has always been King back to my days OC'ing socket 939 AMD chips. I've seen a lot of folks favoring Intel Burn Test and Fur Mark. The argument being that Prime unrealistically stresses the CPU, and most of us won't reach those levels in real-world use (which in my case is Gaming). If that's the case, maybe I would feel better running at 4.5GHz, knowing that I should stay under 90C for the most part.

Thoughts?

cupper24
post #9228 of 9601
THoSE temps sound high for low voltages...

I'm an ex-prime for 24hrs kinda bloke n all.
I would say that if you can loop 30 IBT passes on very high, occt CPU and linpack using lots of ram, and realbench looped for 5-10 passes back to back then ur lookin pretty good (throw in a hyperpi for good measure)
post #9229 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattBaneLM View Post

THoSE temps sound high for low voltages...

I'm an ex-prime for 24hrs kinda bloke n all.
I would say that if you can loop 30 IBT passes on very high, occt CPU and linpack using lots of ram, and realbench looped for 5-10 passes back to back then ur lookin pretty good (throw in a hyperpi for good measure)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll go grab Realbench and run as you recommend.

Keeping my fingers crossed on those temps coming down after all the cooling re-work I did. If not for Core 1, I'd have about a 5C cushion.

Do any of your recommended apps put the GPU under load simultaneously, or would you say I've demonstrated that using the PSU Test on OCCT?

Thanks again!

cupper24
post #9230 of 9601
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper24 View Post

Good morning!

Just wanted to stop by and thank everyone, especially kennyparker, for the contributions in this thread.

I referenced this one mainly and a couple others out to achieve a pretty decent OC on my i5 3570k and the z77 Extreme4. I reached 4.5 GHz at 1.25V (+0.005V Offset, +0.035V Turbo, Level 2 LLC).

I was a little sad, because I think I could push this chip harder, but with the voltage I need to apply to get stable at 4.5GHz pushes my Core 1 temp to right at 90C (this core always is roughly 5-8 degrees C higher), which is the "Optimal" threshold according to this guide.

I took some time to replace several fans and their configs to improve airflow, and reseated my H100i.

Initial hour run of OCCT - PSU (tests all components together) with my milder stable OC at 4.4GHz - 1.12V produced a max temp on Core 1 of 72C (at ~23C ambient).

Hopeful that my temps come down when I'm at 4.5 GHz. I don't feel super confident running this speed with temps pushing the upper limit. I feel good where I'm at now running 4.4, though.

Have opinions changed on what tests to run to prove stability of an OC? Prime has always been King back to my days OC'ing socket 939 AMD chips. I've seen a lot of folks favoring Intel Burn Test and Fur Mark. The argument being that Prime unrealistically stresses the CPU, and most of us won't reach those levels in real-world use (which in my case is Gaming). If that's the case, maybe I would feel better running at 4.5GHz, knowing that I should stay under 90C for the most part.

Thoughts?

cupper24

90C under Prime95 stress test is fine. However, like MattBaneLM mentions, it is kind of high for that voltage using an AIO. I would check your TIM, and ensure even mounting pressure. I might also suggest delliding the CPU if you have faith in your hands and dont mind the risk. I run naked with a custom loop and dont see 70C pushing 1.5V
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue540
(14 items)
 
x99
(18 items)
 
B.M.O.
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
6800k ASUS X99-A EVGA 980 FTW ACX 2.0 EVGA 980 FTW ACX2.0 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance CMK32GX4M4B3200C16W Crucial MX100 WD Blue 1TB EK Supremacy EVO 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK 480 PE EK 240 PE EK D5 Vario Windows 10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 49KU7500 (curved 4k) Corsair K65 NZXT Hale 90 V2 1000W Thermaltake X9 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitch G100S X-Trac Ripper 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6400k msi A75MA-P33 Sapphire 6670 passive hynix 2 GB dual channel 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD  windows 8.1 e-machine wireless 
PowerCase
king win 600w custom built 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Complete Overclocking Guide: Sandy Bridge & Ivy Bridge | *ASRock Edition*