Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Club - Page 81

post #801 of 6035
yeah,at 12 volts 37 dba,but i just installed this controller,and it tames the noise very nicely.
450
seashell
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k asus maximus IV gene-z evga gtx 580 G.SKILL 16 GIG DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ SSD 120 GB ASUS DVD  CORSAIR H50 WINDOW 7 64 BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL 30 INCH LOGITECH G15 OCZ ZX 850 Lian Li pc-u6 
Mouse
logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
seashell
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k asus maximus IV gene-z evga gtx 580 G.SKILL 16 GIG DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ SSD 120 GB ASUS DVD  CORSAIR H50 WINDOW 7 64 BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL 30 INCH LOGITECH G15 OCZ ZX 850 Lian Li pc-u6 
Mouse
logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #802 of 6035
Quote:
Originally Posted by precious View Post

yeah,at 12 volts 37 dba,but i just installed this controller,and it tames the noise very nicely.
450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post

37dba
yuck
Please post on what you think of those Cougar fans.

Will do Crest, I have not received them...should be in tomorrow. I only ordered 3, a 140mm for the exhaust rear & two 120mm for the side panel for now. I will be placing in an order for Enermax fans tomorrow and may add some more courgars to the list....not sure yet cause I want to get a fan controller.

@precious, how you liking that fan controller...I was eyeing that one but it is kinda pricey and after watching two vid reviews on youtube, the lcd touch screen did not seem all to responsive. So I am want to get the NZXT Mix Sentry since its priced pretty good and provides 50watts per channel. Also, did that NZXT Fan fit in well? Hope they make them in black, I really wanna get rid of the stock one.

Actually I have the one that came with my Haf 932, it's red but I should test it out maybe....hmmm.
post #803 of 6035
Can anyone tell me if Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M (1200 RPM, 68 CFM, 24 dB) fans "tick" with the Cosmos II fan controller?
I like the specs on these for my radiators, but not if they tick. Thanks.
donut
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Asus Sabertooth P67 GTX 680 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4  Crucial m4 Intel 320 WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda samsung 840 evo 750  LG BR-RW LiteOn DVD-R 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H2O W7P 64 bit Dell 2412 Dell 2412 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 2412 Corsair ax1200i COSMOS 
  hide details  
Reply
donut
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Asus Sabertooth P67 GTX 680 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4  Crucial m4 Intel 320 WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda samsung 840 evo 750  LG BR-RW LiteOn DVD-R 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H2O W7P 64 bit Dell 2412 Dell 2412 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 2412 Corsair ax1200i COSMOS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #804 of 6035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontech View Post

Will do Crest, I have not received them...should be in tomorrow. I only ordered 3, a 140mm for the exhaust rear & two 120mm for the side panel for now. I will be placing in an order for Enermax fans tomorrow and may add some more courgars to the list....not sure yet cause I want to get a fan controller.
@precious, how you liking that fan controller...I was eyeing that one but it is kinda pricey and after watching two vid reviews on youtube, the lcd touch screen did not seem all to responsive. So I am want to get the NZXT Mix Sentry since its priced pretty good and provides 50watts per channel. Also, did that NZXT Fan fit in well? Hope they make them in black, I really wanna get rid of the stock one.
Actually I have the one that came with my Haf 932, it's red but I should test it out maybe....hmmm.

i saw the same vids,was kind of Leary about buying it.now that i have it,I'm glad i did.its a great controller,i don't seem to have the same issues that the vids had.the touch screen on mine is very responsive.i may even buy a second one.the 200 mm nzxt fan mounts did not line up,had to drill new mounting holes for it,but it pushes alot of air,very quite running at 50 %,and pushes twice the air as the bitfenix at 100 %.
seashell
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k asus maximus IV gene-z evga gtx 580 G.SKILL 16 GIG DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ SSD 120 GB ASUS DVD  CORSAIR H50 WINDOW 7 64 BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL 30 INCH LOGITECH G15 OCZ ZX 850 Lian Li pc-u6 
Mouse
logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
seashell
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k asus maximus IV gene-z evga gtx 580 G.SKILL 16 GIG DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ SSD 120 GB ASUS DVD  CORSAIR H50 WINDOW 7 64 BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
DELL 30 INCH LOGITECH G15 OCZ ZX 850 Lian Li pc-u6 
Mouse
logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #805 of 6035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crest View Post

I think it's 1 Watt per channel, so the GPU connection is 1 watt, front fan 1watt, etc.
I cut out the fan filter on the side door. What a damn mess. Feels like fiberglass or something. My GPU idle temps dropped from 43c/39c to 38c/35c. I have a Enermax 120mm TB silence 900RPM fan exhausting out from there, before barely any air came out, now I can feel a good amount of flow and it's great. Very happy with my 5 minute mod. I'll try load temps and such soon. But my GPU coolers only hit like 45% fan speed as they never go above 71c, My concern is keeping them cool so the fans run lower. Since I do lots of voice recording it helps with noise reduction work.

Thanks Crest.
Main computer
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2700k Asus Extreme Z EVGA GTX580 EVGA GTX580 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator GT Crusial M4 256G EK Blocks XSPC rads Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 23 in Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 Gold Cooler Master Cosmos II 
  hide details  
Reply
Main computer
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 2700k Asus Extreme Z EVGA GTX580 EVGA GTX580 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Dominator GT Crusial M4 256G EK Blocks XSPC rads Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 23 in Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Corsair AX1200 Gold Cooler Master Cosmos II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #806 of 6035
Quote:
Originally Posted by precious View Post

i saw the same vids,was kind of Leary about buying it.now that i have it,I'm glad i did.its a great controller,i don't seem to have the same issues that the vids had.the touch screen on mine is very responsive.i may even buy a second one.the 200 mm nzxt fan mounts did not line up,had to drill new mounting holes for it,but it pushes alot of air,very quite running at 50 %,and pushes twice the air as the bitfenix at 100 %.

Aww damn, I would have gotten those fans if you didnt have to screw any new mounting holes. Looks like I will have to try my old Haf 932 fans then, those seemed to have pushed plent of air think it's a megaflow? This stock just doesn't seem to push nada even at high.
post #807 of 6035
Damn I knew I should of replaced the 200mm fan! ah well not like my HDDs/SSD get hot.

BTW, some new fans for my upcoming venture to water cool in this behemoth.

P1000199.jpg
P1000201.jpg

Going to have a red theme with this case, wonder how it'll look.
post #808 of 6035
OK, Haven't had any time to play with my configuration, but another quick question. I bought 2 Sapphire 6950 Toxic cards back when they were available.

Question: Should I go ahead and do the crossfire or sell them (no idea what I could get for them, 1 barley opened, the other sealed)

If I were to sell them: Should I get 1 7970 now and crossfire later, or try to hold out for the Nvidia cards? Which I heard will be out at the end of the month?

A little insight from you guys would help. Money is not really the issue, I am concerned now that I should have just gone for the single more powerful card now route. I got intrigued at the time that they were the best value...I am also a bit concerned about the stability issues. I really don't want any issues. Thanks, I appreciate it.
post #809 of 6035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

Damn I knew I should of replaced the 200mm fan! ah well not like my HDDs/SSD get hot.
BTW, some new fans for my upcoming venture to water cool in this behemoth.
P1000199.jpg
P1000201.jpg
Going to have a red theme with this case, wonder how it'll look.

Shogon, do those things really make 74 CFM at 15 dBa? Wow. Have you tested them with the Cosmos II controller to see if they tick at all? Thanks.
donut
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Asus Sabertooth P67 GTX 680 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4  Crucial m4 Intel 320 WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda samsung 840 evo 750  LG BR-RW LiteOn DVD-R 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H2O W7P 64 bit Dell 2412 Dell 2412 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 2412 Corsair ax1200i COSMOS 
  hide details  
Reply
donut
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i3/i5/i7 Asus Sabertooth P67 GTX 680 GTX 680 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4  Crucial m4 Intel 320 WD Caviar Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Seagate Barracuda samsung 840 evo 750  LG BR-RW LiteOn DVD-R 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
H2O W7P 64 bit Dell 2412 Dell 2412 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell 2412 Corsair ax1200i COSMOS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #810 of 6035
I like the noctua nfp12.I doubt very much the silenix push 74 cfm at 15 db.
The noctua I use nearly are 46 cfm and 17 db at the 7 volt setting.Even at 12 volts they only push
54 cfm amd are at nearly 20 db.

Unless silenix found some alien tech I think that is a very misleading label on those fans.

Cannot find any reviews but I found this.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/picture/?src=/images/coolers/120mm-fan-roundup-2/151_silenx_xbt.png

Note the ratings are the similar as the silenx above.

These fans are at nearly 40 db at 1400 rpm.
Even at full rpm they only put out less than 40 cfm.
Edited by mortimusmaximus - 2/21/12 at 6:01am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Cooler Master Cosmos 2 Club