Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery - Page 128

post #1271 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

Interesting thing is that Primochill says it's not a plasticizer (send them a link to my photo on imageshack.us) and they claim it's something else causing it by coming into reaction or so ... wondering if they just want to bounce the fault elsewhere or what else we come up with ... I have some doubts about my silver kill coil tho ... is it possible it's not a pure silver piece after all?

Thats the same thing they told me and the recommended a couple of there products and said to not use distilled and kill coil. Any way it goes I haven't had any issues since sys scrubber.
Ra\/eN HeX
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6100 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX460 Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Seagate Baracuda ASUS dvd-rwdl Enzotech saphire rev-a 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Rasa universal gpu Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung SyncMaster B2030 Samsung SyncMaster 923nw  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Thermaltake tr-2 500w Silverstone Raven RV03 Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exactmat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Athlon II X2 MSI 870-G45 HD4550 Western Digital 
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
ASUS DVD-rw Thermalright Ultra 120 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Cooler Master HAF-912 
  hide details  
Reply
Ra\/eN HeX
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6100 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX460 Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Seagate Baracuda ASUS dvd-rwdl Enzotech saphire rev-a 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Rasa universal gpu Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung SyncMaster B2030 Samsung SyncMaster 923nw  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Thermaltake tr-2 500w Silverstone Raven RV03 Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exactmat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Athlon II X2 MSI 870-G45 HD4550 Western Digital 
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
ASUS DVD-rw Thermalright Ultra 120 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Cooler Master HAF-912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1272 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDriver View Post

Thats the same thing they told me and the recommended a couple of there products and said to not use distilled and kill coil. Any way it goes I haven't had any issues since sys scrubber.

wow. so it might be their tactics - deny all fault, blame all else, but to calm the situation send the customer a bottle of THEIR formula of system scrubber to clean up the mess with THEIR tubing ... interesting.

how do you use that system scrubber? add a few drops then flush thoroughly in order to refill with water or you keep it at all times in there?
post #1273 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post


how do you use that system scrubber? add a few drops then flush thoroughly in order to refill with water or you keep it at all times in there?

Add the entire contents of the bottle to your loop, let it run for 4+ days until tubing is cleaned, flush and refill system.
For me it took about a week and a half for my tubing to clean. It was kind of cool watching the tubing clean up day by day.

O'yea if you go back through the thread and find my post right after sys scrub flush and look at the pic's, the water you drain from your loop will be colored. My tubing is red, the water came out pink.
Edited by DevilDriver - 8/23/12 at 9:51pm
Ra\/eN HeX
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6100 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX460 Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Seagate Baracuda ASUS dvd-rwdl Enzotech saphire rev-a 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Rasa universal gpu Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung SyncMaster B2030 Samsung SyncMaster 923nw  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Thermaltake tr-2 500w Silverstone Raven RV03 Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exactmat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Athlon II X2 MSI 870-G45 HD4550 Western Digital 
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
ASUS DVD-rw Thermalright Ultra 120 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Cooler Master HAF-912 
  hide details  
Reply
Ra\/eN HeX
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-6100 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX EVGA GTX460 Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 Seagate Baracuda ASUS dvd-rwdl Enzotech saphire rev-a 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
XSPC Rasa universal gpu Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Samsung SyncMaster B2030 Samsung SyncMaster 923nw  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Thermaltake tr-2 500w Silverstone Raven RV03 Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exactmat 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Athlon II X2 MSI 870-G45 HD4550 Western Digital 
Optical DriveCoolingOSCase
ASUS DVD-rw Thermalright Ultra 120 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Cooler Master HAF-912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1274 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDriver View Post

Add the entire contents of the bottle to your loop, let it run for 4+ days until tubing is cleaned, flush and refill system.
For me it took about a week and a half for my tubing to clean. It was kind of cool watching the tubing clean up day by day.
O'yea if you go back through the thread and find my post right after sys scrub flush and look at the pic's, the water you drain from your loop will be colored. My tubing is red, the water came out pink.

thanks! I just emailed them my mailing address, will be getting the scrubber soon! will try finding your post with pics to see how it went with you smile.gif
post #1275 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDriver View Post

ok, sorry pic's are not great, all I have is my old iphone. So I ran the Primochill sys scrubber for a little over a week, directions say run it for four days.
Contacting Primochill after receiving it I was told it may need to be left in the loop for longer than four days to clean heavy deposits.
first pic is before sys scrubber, second pic is what came out of my loop after sys scrubber and following pic's are after sys scrubber.
NOTE: loop is distilled water and silver kill coil only.
Also when I asked how to previent the issue from happening again I was told
"As far as keeping your system clean we recommend NOT using just water and a Silver Coil. We can recommend using our "liquid utopia" in your system with DI water and this will protect your systems at all times against "build up", and other "nasties" that could make there way into your system"




OMG! that is nasty!!! did you have to disconnect and remove all components to remove all that colored water? as far as I know a simple drain removes around 70% of fluid, the rest stays in pockets until you disconnect each and every components and flip them over a bucket ...

... so ultimately what causes it, anybody know? dye & plasticizer in primoflex tubing comes into reaction with silver particles? I think I saw someone's post who did NOT use silver kill coil and yet the white powder buildup still happened and in even shorter time (2 weeks) ...

why would De-Ionized water be better over Distilled water (this one has no organic or chemical contaminants)?

once I get that scrubber I will run it for a week in my system and flush it out ... planning to refill with DW+silver again.
post #1276 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by feniks View Post

wow. so it might be their tactics - deny all fault, blame all else, but to calm the situation send the customer a bottle of THEIR formula of system scrubber to clean up the mess with THEIR tubing ... interesting.

This has been my point all along, and I have been following this thread from the beginning. I don't fault Primochill anymore than anyone else for the fact it is happening, I do not have any evidence that it is not happening with other tubing, nor can I state irrevocably that I do not share any of the blame for what happened in my tubing. What I do blame them for is their constant denial of any fault what so ever, when it would seem apparent that they have some part to play. In fact, they flat out lied to me, telling me a new batch was sent to me, then telling me it was lost by th post office, then telling me they would send me some more. Of course, none ever showed up.

End result, I shall certainly never buy anything from Primochill, and I will tell eveyone who will listen every chance I get what crappy customer service they have, and that they do not stand behind their product. They are certainly no OCZ or EVGA, both of whom leave no stone unturned to ensure customer satisfaction.
Dad's Beast
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 Asus GTX 590 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 X Corsair Force 3 in RAID 0 2 X Seagate Barracuda in RAID 1 Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu Ray player DVD Burner Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/X... Windows 7 Professional 64bit Optoma HD66 (3D) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Rev 1 ad Rev 2 (Dual Locations) OCZ ZX 1250 HAF X Logitech M570 and Microsoft Trackball Explorere... 
AudioOther
Logitech Z5500 with Asus Xonar GS 4 Sets of Nvidia 3D Glasses 
  hide details  
Reply
Dad's Beast
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770K ASROCK Z77 Extreme4 Asus GTX 590 Patriot Viper Black Mamba 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2 X Corsair Force 3 in RAID 0 2 X Seagate Barracuda in RAID 1 Seagate Barracuda Seagate Barracuda 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu Ray player DVD Burner Thermochill PA120.2 GT AP15 in push, DDC 3.25/X... Windows 7 Professional 64bit Optoma HD66 (3D) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Rev 1 ad Rev 2 (Dual Locations) OCZ ZX 1250 HAF X Logitech M570 and Microsoft Trackball Explorere... 
AudioOther
Logitech Z5500 with Asus Xonar GS 4 Sets of Nvidia 3D Glasses 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1277 of 3087
I was initially using Primochill 1/2''x3/4'' Clear tubing for my build but switched to Primochill UV Green.

After removing the clear tubing this past week after it was installed for about 2 weeks i noticed it was all clouded up lol

I am running Distilled Water,Mayhems UV green coolant,Killcoil.

The same thing may or may not happen to my UV green tubing but i don't plan on draining the loop for at least 6 months of use.
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
IN WIN 509 Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700k Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming Gigabyte 980 Ti Extreme Gaming G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel 750 NVMe Samsung EVO EK 240 Predator Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus ROG Swift Corsair Strafe RGB MX Brown IN WIN Classic 750 IN WIN 805 
MouseAudio
Corsair Sabre RGB Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1278 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

They are certainly no OCZ or EVGA, both of whom leave no stone unturned to ensure customer satisfaction.

off topic, but really? OCZ and good customer service? First I've heard of that lol.
post #1279 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks435 View Post

off topic, but really? OCZ and good customer service? First I've heard of that lol.
my old lan team had minor sponsorship from them way back when.. great products but crappy service...
Flagship II
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd phenom II x6 1090t asus m4a89td pro/usb3 powercolor 7950 boost state edition 16gb wintec ampo 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
mushkin enhanced chronos samsung spinpoint 1tb sony usb dvd drive 1x xspc 360 rad  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1x xspc 140 rad phobia 260 xspc single bay res xspc rasa cpu block 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 7 pro Acer G235HAbd 23'' Acer G235HAbd 23'' Acer G235HAbd 23'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
azio levetron mech 5 ocz extreme fatal1ty 1000 w 80plus gold coolermaster haf 932 w/ amd edition side window Logitec g500 
Audio
sony av reciever with 2 sony floorstandign mode... 
  hide details  
Reply
Flagship II
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd phenom II x6 1090t asus m4a89td pro/usb3 powercolor 7950 boost state edition 16gb wintec ampo 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
mushkin enhanced chronos samsung spinpoint 1tb sony usb dvd drive 1x xspc 360 rad  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
1x xspc 140 rad phobia 260 xspc single bay res xspc rasa cpu block 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
windows 7 pro Acer G235HAbd 23'' Acer G235HAbd 23'' Acer G235HAbd 23'' 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
azio levetron mech 5 ocz extreme fatal1ty 1000 w 80plus gold coolermaster haf 932 w/ amd edition side window Logitec g500 
Audio
sony av reciever with 2 sony floorstandign mode... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1280 of 3087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Proton View Post

This has been my point all along, and I have been following this thread from the beginning. I don't fault Primochill anymore than anyone else for the fact it is happening, I do not have any evidence that it is not happening with other tubing, nor can I state irrevocably that I do not share any of the blame for what happened in my tubing. What I do blame them for is their constant denial of any fault what so ever, when it would seem apparent that they have some part to play. In fact, they flat out lied to me, telling me a new batch was sent to me, then telling me it was lost by th post office, then telling me they would send me some more. Of course, none ever showed up.
End result, I shall certainly never buy anything from Primochill, and I will tell eveyone who will listen every chance I get what crappy customer service they have, and that they do not stand behind their product. They are certainly no OCZ or EVGA, both of whom leave no stone unturned to ensure customer satisfaction.

I am afraid this is much more complicated than a simple bad batch problem ... it actually could be their evil marketing strategy boosting sales of their other products (liquid utopia sells much better nowadays I assume) that when used together with primoflex do not cause the problem at all (don't know really just guessing, maybe they still do) ...

it seems there is no single "evil" component in our loops triggering the problem and yet it doesn't happen always ... wondering if it happens mostly because so many of us use Distilled Water with a Silver Kill Coil ...

for future I may simply look elsewhere for transparent UV colored tubing ... but the problem seems unfortunately not limited to Primochill only and their tubing resists kinks nicely unlike so many others ...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › Plasticizer Problems / Discussion / Gallery